Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Need help identifying an older cartoon?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-09, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help identifying an older cartoon?

I wasn't sure if this question was for "TV talk" forum but I've seen it on TV when I was younger and don't know the name of it.

It's a cartoon short (8 minutes or something) and it's in color, probably from the 40's or 50's. All I remember about it is that it is set in the Old West, everybody wants it to rain and there are Indians that do a rain dance singing "We want rain....blblblblblb....we want rain....blblblblb" (blblblblb means they shake their mouths to make that noise).

Then there's a medicine show man with some pills that are all for different things (earthquake, rain, etc.) and a chicken eats the rain pill and I think somehow ends up making it rain.

If this isn't the site to ask, does anyone know of a good cartoon forum that I could ask also? It's driving me batty that I can't find it and I've googled all I know how for it. Anybody know the name of this cartoon?
Old 04-13-09, 11:28 AM

Re: Need help identifying an older cartoon?

Is this it? link
Old 04-13-09, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sioux Me from 1939. I could only find a video in french:

<object width="480" height="414"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x106wg_merry-melodies-sioux-me-vf_fun&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x106wg_merry-melodies-sioux-me-vf_fun&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="414" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
Merry Melodies - Sioux me VF
Uploaded by Alexander-Max
Old 04-13-09, 12:17 PM

"Sioux Me" is the one! Thanks! Man that was bugging me!