re: Party Down (STARZ)

"Well this isn't fucking baseball weasle face, it's Catering!"

So hilarious. I really enjoyed this show. Glad it got a second season renewal
Old 05-25-09, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I just watched all 9 episodes last night - this show is great. It's not a laugh a minute affair, but I really love it. The characters are great, the situations hilarious and the dialogue is sharp. Definitely telling my friends to check this one out.
Then you missed one
Old 05-25-09, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did watch ten eps but for some reason wrote 9...I'm an idiot. Good looking out though. Takei was hilarious.
Old 05-26-09, 12:00 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i would say the underrated show this season
Old 09-02-09, 01:01 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Caught this show on Netflix via the Watch Instantly and loved it.

Here's some news on who is replacing Jane Lynch

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/heldenfi...ns-party-down/

The show was facing a serious gap with Jane Lynch moving over to "Glee." But Mullally knows how to improvise, so this could be a good addition. Announcement after the jump.

The official word:

Starz keeps the “Party” hopping and the laughs flowing with the addition of one of television and film’s most beloved comediennes, Megan Mullally, to the cast of the crowd-pleasing original comedy series, “Party Down,” Starz Media EVP Originals Productions and Development Bill Hamm announced today. Production on the second season begins in mid-September in Los Angeles. The half-hour comedy about a Los Angeles catering team – Hollywood wannabes stuck working for tips while hoping for their big break — is tentatively scheduled to return to the air on Starz in April of 2010.

Mullally (“Will & Grace,” Fame) will play Lydia Dunfree, a middle-aged refugee from a lousy marriage who leaves small town life to move to Hollywood where her 13-year-old daughter Escapade hopes to make it as an actress. While the younger endures the audition process, her naïve and eternally optimistic mother Lydia feels honored just to be among the show business “pros” of the Party Down catering company. Her search for Mr. Right only complicates matters for Lydia, but ups the laughs on the show.

She joins a talented ensemble of actors on the comedy, labeled “a must-see” by USA Today and called “straight-up funny” by Entertainment Weekly. As the first season ended, Ron Donald (Ken Marino), the aggressively dysfunctional former leader of the Party Down Catering company, was headed off to manage a Soup N’ Crackers franchise; leaving one-time actor Henry Pollard (Adam Scott) to fill the void as leader; Roman DeBeers (Martin Starr) a self-proclaimed Sci Fi visionary, was still trying to get his screenplay noticed – by anyone; while actor, musician and all round cute guy Kyle Bradway (Ryan Hansen) landed a role in an upcoming action film; and Henry’s flame Casey (Lizzy Caplan) left him at the catered altar to do a few months of stand-up on a cruise ship.

Also returning for the second season are the show’s creators and executive producers: Rob Thomas (“Veronica Mars,” “Cupid”) along with John Enbom, Paul Rudd and Dan Etheridge. Starz Media, the production and distribution sibling of the Starz premium entertainment channels, is producer of the series.

“I’m so excited to be joining ‘Party Down,’ one of my favorite TV shows,” Mullally said. “I’m a big fan of the series and really thrilled to have an opportunity to work with such a terrific cast and talented group of writers.”

“Megan is quite simply one of the most talented actresses in the entertainment business today,” Hamm said. “Her impeccable comic timing and multi-faceted acting skills make her a great fit for the show, and we can’t wait to see how she interacts with the show’s terrific cast.”
Old 09-02-09, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
i would say the underrated show this season
I agree. I have been watching over the Summer and enjoy it a lot.
Old 09-02-09, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Scott's catchphrase is awesome. Are we having fun yet?!
Old 09-04-09, 11:12 AM

I also watched the season via Netflix watch now...don't have Starz.

And after watching True Blood, I'm also hoping for some Lizzy Caplan nudity this season.
Old 10-22-09, 05:55 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Kristen Bell and Jane Lynch coming back...kinda...
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...ll_return.html
Old 10-22-09, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was coming back anyway but more Kristen Bell, I'll definitely be cumming back.
Old 10-23-09, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good stuff.

I've been re-watching this show a lot lately. I love it. They need to release it on Blu Ray.
Old 10-23-09, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sven
They need to release it on Blu Ray.
QFT. I'm surprised this hasn't been announced yet at all (that I know of)... I'd buy this on blu-ray in a heartbeat and look forward to rewatching the entire season when it does hit disc (if dvd is the only option I'll still buy it but won't be happy about it). Glad to hear that KB and Jane Lynch will make an appearance in Season 2... wonder if we could get a Greek crossover and get Evan to show up for an episode as a substitute or something, since on that show he's working for Party Down catering.
Old 10-23-09, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Absolutely loved the first season. Cant wait for the new season.
Old 10-23-09, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anyone watch Greek? I had to laugh that the catering company they worked for was called Party Down.

Same uniforms, too.
Old 04-23-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Party Down -- Season Premiere -- "Jackal Onassis Backstage Party" -- 4/23/10

Party Down

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
In the second-season opener, Henry takes over as team leader at the catering company and he has a full menu to deal with, including a bizarre rock star who goes incognito, the return of former boss Ron and his fractured relationship with Casey.

FYI, This is also already available on Netflix streaming if you don't have Starz.
Old 04-23-10, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Party Down -- Season Premiere -- "Jackal Onassis Backstage Party" -- 4/23/10

Two episodes are available on Starz On Demand, also; this one, and also one with Steve Guttenberg, although I'll probably just watch them as they air.

Looking forward to catching this tonight! I like the cast picture, too.

Last edited by MrSmearkase; 04-23-10 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-23-10, 04:17 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Party Down -- Season Premiere -- "Jackal Onassis Backstage Party" -- 4/23/10

I know she was replaced, but anyone know if Jane Lynch shows up at all in the new season (I think I saw her in a promo).
Old 04-23-10, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

^ Yeah, I heard she shows up in the finale.
Old 04-24-10, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Hilarious premiere. So glad this is back.
Old 04-24-10, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still love that Megans characters daughters name is Escapade.
Old 04-24-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
I know she was replaced, but anyone know if Jane Lynch shows up at all in the new season (I think I saw her in a promo).
She was only replaced because she is doing Glee now but I saw the promo and she does guest star.
Looking forward to this.
Old 04-24-10, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Two episodes are available on Starz On Demand, also; this one, and also one with Steve Guttenberg, although I'll probably just watch them as they air.
The weird thing is that the Steve Guttenberg episode is #5 this season, but that and the season premiere are the only ones up On Demand.

The Guttenberg episode is in the running as the series' best, so even though you're skipping forward a few episodes, it really is worth watching now. That's seriously one of the most indescribably hilarious half-hours of TV I've ever watched.
Old 04-25-10, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I found this episode funnier than most of season 1 (with perhaps the exception of Investors Dinner). Had the right amount of laughs and charm that I felt lacked at times last season.

BTW, episode 3's title looks awesome:

Spoiler:
Nick DiCinto's Orgy Night
Old 04-30-10, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Party Down -- "Precious Lights Pre-School Auction" -- 4/30/10

Party Down

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
It's a battle royal involving new team leader Henry and former supervisor Ron, who's unhappy about not being the top man anymore. Things heat up at a fund-raiser for a prestigious preschool, where parents will do practically anything to get their little dumplings enrolled.

This seems to have a little more interest than the other show Gravity amongst the Starz shows, so I will continue to do threads for this.
Old 04-30-10, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Party Down -- "Precious Lights Pre-School Auction" -- 4/30/10

This is the episode that was posted on Netflix and is airing tonight. However, I noticed that an episode called "Steve Guttenberg's Birthday" is already available for On Demand.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.