TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Office -- "Blood Drive" -- 3/5/09

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-09, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Office -- "Blood Drive" -- 3/5/09

Originally Posted by shaun3000
Yeah, that didn't make any sense.

Dwight's bit about his, er, little Dwight was hilarious.
Spoiler:
He can suck his penis up inside itself
Originally Posted by RoyalTea
Spoiler:
I think you meant to say "retract" and not "suck."
Old 03-06-09, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

One of the best episodes of the season for me.

Once again though, this show is all over the place in who it pleases week-to-week.
Old 03-06-09, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously one of my favorites of the season so far, sometimes it's hard to watch Michael, he's so embarassing! Type Ooooocean spray!
Old 03-06-09, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

While it wasn't overly funny, I did enjoy most of the episode.

Michael: "You don't deserve her."
Dwigt: "Thanks Michael."

Jim: "I've got a lot of work to do. Those mines aren't going to sweep themselves."

I also liked typical Dwight going from meeting a nice girl to pushing paper sales on her.

Did I miss the episode where Ryan went to Thailand? I noticed he was gone but never heard where he went or why.
Old 03-06-09, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

He told Kelly he was going to Thailand with some friends earlier this season.
Old 03-06-09, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I thought there were quite a few laugh out loud moments. I have never seen a show have such conflicting opinions from week to week. It really is odd.
Old 03-06-09, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
it was fine, but I don't understand why they didn't air this on V-Day week?
Sweeps are in March this year, so the most likely reason it aired last night was because of that.
Old 03-06-09, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

What I find funny is people rip the show when it isn't realistic, but when the writers give us one of probably the most realistic episodes in a long while... they rip it.

Ahhhh, the Internet.
Old 03-07-09, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Spoiler:
Wasn't the brunette that walked into the party by herself "the girl" from the bloodmobile? Since Michael never saw her face, he wouldn't have known, and when she asked whether this was the "party" she was looking for, and Michael said "no" (to answer all those who were wondering whether she was "the one"), I thought she took that as a rejection and walked out. I thought the writers did that to show how fleeting and elusive finding love can be (at least for Michael). Am I wrong?

Also, I really thought that Holly was going to show up at the party after hearing about Michael showing up at her branch a few weeks back under the guise of giving the training. I mean come on, it was a Valentines Day (lonely hearts) show. Would have made for a nice twist given who Michael was hoping to have show up.

Last edited by Jack Straw; 03-07-09 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-07-09, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^It wasn't her. Michael saw her face when he first arrived.
Old 03-08-09, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That wacky sparrow, heh.

I have no clue if it has been posted, but I just stumbled on this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOCsXFKrxJw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xOCsXFKrxJw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 03-09-09, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mdc3000
^It wasn't her. Michael saw her face when he first arrived.
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that was her.
Old 03-09-09, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I believe the rejected woman had darker hair.
Old 03-09-09, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Can't be a legit Office Musical without Jan dancing to The Hunter.
Old 03-09-09, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
He told Kelly he was going to Thailand with some friends earlier this season.
Yeah, in what was the most abrupt and awkward moments this series has seen. It was the episode where they frame Toby for drugs. So, did he actually go to Thailand (to score drugs perhaps?) or was he just getting out of his job and relationship?

I realize he probably left the show to go film 'Inglourious Basterds', but was it ever actually explained? Perhaps in some online deleted scenes?
Old 03-09-09, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by theflicker
Yeah, in what was the most abrupt and awkward moments this series has seen. It was the episode where they frame Toby for drugs. So, did he actually go to Thailand (to score drugs perhaps?) or was he just getting out of his job and relationship?

I realize he probably left the show to go film 'Inglourious Basterds', but was it ever actually explained? Perhaps in some online deleted scenes?
That was the explanation, Thailand. He went to Thailand. With some kids "from a high school"
Old 03-09-09, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts

Definitely not the same woman...

Originally Posted by conscience
I believe the rejected woman had darker hair.
Yes, she did.
Old 03-09-09, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought this was a nice, "smaller" episode. Good laughs.

But goddamn if the cold open wasn't the funniest thing I've ever seen... Michael's reaction of both confusion and sheer joy at what was happening... like a puppy not understanding gravity or water but wanting to play nonetheless... man I haven't laughed that hard in forever.
Old 03-09-09, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Once again though, this show is all over the place in who it pleases week-to-week.
I thought there were quite a few laugh out loud moments. I have never seen a show have such conflicting opinions from week to week. It really is odd.
So true. At the end of this episode my wife and I turned to each other and commented on how boring the episode was. Yet some episodes I have loved others here have ripped to pieces.
Old 03-09-09, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
Sweeps are in March this year, so the most likely reason it aired last night was because of that.
You can only air a Valentine episode during sweeps? It really wasn't that special to hold until now. Airing it in February would have made more sense.

And poor Jim and Pam still proving that once a couple gets together they become BORING. They are the worst part of this show right now.

They way this show is going downhill, I really only see it lasting another season.

Last edited by Double_Oh_7; 03-09-09 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-09-09, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

This episode wasnt that bad. I love how, no matter how good the ep is, there is always somebody who will post "worst ep ever!!!" The bit with the phone salesman guy was funny. I also thought the stuff at the restaurant was gold, as who hasnt been in that situation before? As well as the bit at the end with Stanley and Phyllis trying to get free cookies, and Creed swiping the blood. One question though, was it his blood he was stealing, or someone elses? He strikes me as the kind of guy that wouldnt want his blood out there "in the open".
Old 03-09-09, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why do people keep posting that Jim and Pam are boring? They had a fun scene at the restaurant, and I enjoyed Jim's little dig at her and Pam dissing him on the kiss. They are barely the focus of the show now as well. I think they are actually used very well.
Old 03-09-09, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Heeeeey!

HEEEEEEY!

Old 03-09-09, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why do people keep posting that Jim and Pam are boring? They had a fun scene at the restaurant, and I enjoyed Jim's little dig at her and Pam dissing him on the kiss. They are barely the focus of the show now as well. I think they are actually used very well.
Because they ARE boring.

They used to have a great "will they or won't they" chemistry. We all wanted them to get together and it was interesting to see them as two people who both had feelings for each other but just never hooked up. When they played their little games it was kind of cute but a little sad at the same time because they were obviously perfect for each other.

Now they're just a couple...and a boring one at that. No couple hijinks. No fights...no nothing. They're just a boring couple that work in the same office together.

I mean at least Jan and Michael, Andy/Dwight and Angela and even Ryan and Kelly were funny and interesting because funny stuff happened to them while they were seeing each other. Nothing funny happens between Jim and Pam anymore.
Old 03-10-09, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Because they ARE boring.

They used to have a great "will they or won't they" chemistry. We all wanted them to get together and it was interesting to see them as two people who both had feelings for each other but just never hooked up. When they played their little games it was kind of cute but a little sad at the same time because they were obviously perfect for each other.

Now they're just a couple...and a boring one at that. No couple hijinks. No fights...no nothing. They're just a boring couple that work in the same office together.

I mean at least Jan and Michael, Andy/Dwight and Angela and even Ryan and Kelly were funny and interesting because funny stuff happened to them while they were seeing each other. Nothing funny happens between Jim and Pam anymore.
I agree with this 100%. And it's too bad, because as you say, the Jim-Pam story used to be the most charming and continually interesting thing about the show.

There is a reason that "and they lived happily ever after" always comes at the end of a story. That's because it's dramatically inert - when there is no conflict or tension in the relationship between two characters, they cease to provide any meaningful reason for the audience to invest any interest in their story.

I think the creative folks involved with The Office have become a little too carried away with the misbegotten notion that the show's fans wanted to see Jim and Pam having some kind of fantasy storybook relationship, utterly devoid of conflict and nuance, as if somehow they can't be tarnished by the difficulties that real life couples encounter. At least that's how the whole Jim/Pam plotline has been operating for the better part of the last two seasons.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.