Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Bachelor (Jason)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who do you want to be the winner of Jason's affections?
Melissa
0%
Molly
0%
Deanna
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

The Bachelor (Jason)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-09, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
The Bachelor (Jason)

I am guessing this show's not getting too many viewers here since it's up against 24/House, CBS comedies and Chuck/Heroes. But... for those that are...

What is up with what the previews showed for week after next? Looks like it will be a first in Bachelor history.
Spoiler:
I hope Jason doesn't dump his final two who've spent all season getting to know him because Deanna (who dumped him in last season's finale!) shows up at the last minute and says she made a mistake.

Any thoughts on this? Do you think it's a set-up by ABC to attract more viewers and controversy? Somehow, I don't think so... other shows, yeah... but it doesn't feel right for The Bachelor...
Old 02-17-09, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Bachelor (Jason)

I'm sorry, I haven't been watching it but is it this Jason you're talking about?

because that's the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the thread title and it took me at least a few minutes to stop laughing at the thought of it.
Old 02-17-09, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
I'm sorry, I haven't been watching it but is it this Jason you're talking about?

because that's the first thing that popped in my head when I saw the thread title and it took me at least a few minutes to stop laughing at the thought of it.
Should have thought of that since it was just Friday the 13th!

I'm sure the rejected contestants think of him that way!
Old 02-17-09, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs

Now see THAT I'd watch. Whoever doesn't get a rose literally gets the axe.
Old 02-17-09, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you watch The Bachelor, you have to read Chris Harrison’s blogs (he is the host. "Jason, girls, this is the final rose" (that guy)). They are great and provide a lot of behind-the-scenes information. Episode 7 was the New Zealand show, Episode 6 was the hometown date show, etc.

Episode 7: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...harriso-2.html
Episode 6: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...-harrison.html
Episode 5: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...harriso-1.html
Episode 4: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...harriso-3.html
Episode 3: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...harriso-2.html
Episode 2: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...harriso-1.html
Episode 1: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...-harrison.html

Personally, I thought it would come down to Melissa and Jillian, with Jillian being proposed to. At this point I would say that my head is saying he should go with Molly, but my “heart” is saying Melissa. Melissa seems like a great girl, but there is a lot of baggage. She is dumped everytime, her parents and brother don't care enough to come onto the show, her friends say that her boyfriends always "use and abuse" her. I'm not sure that she can handle a serious relationship. But she is very attractive (and a former Dallas Cowboy cheerleader). Molly... cute girl but very WASP-ish. Jullian really was the better choice in my opinion.

As far as Deanna goes, I don’t see him going back with her. Whenever they show her talking with him then him running out onto the balcony in despair, notice that he is wearing completely different clothes. I think the scene of him running out onto the balcony is right after he tells either Melissa or Molly that he chose the other.

With regard to spoiler tags - I think we are the only two reading this thread aside from a few Friday the 13th fans so I don’t think spoilers are really needed.

And there are three more shows for this season. Next week is the "women tell all" show followed by the final rose ceremony, followed by a wrapup episode (which I guess tells their current status).

Last edited by Heat; 02-17-09 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-17-09, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Jason is the most bland and boring bachelor ever.
Old 02-17-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Perhaps you should remember the "charismatic" Brad.
Old 02-17-09, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Brad was better than this guy.
Old 02-17-09, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Heat
If you watch The Bachelor, you have to read Chris Harrison’s blogs (he is the host. "Jason, girls, this is the final rose" (that guy)). They are great and provide a lot of behind-the-scenes information. Episode 7 was the New Zealand show, Episode 6 was the hometown date show, etc.

Episode 7: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...harriso-2.html
Episode 6: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...-harrison.html
Episode 5: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...harriso-1.html
Episode 4: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...harriso-3.html
Episode 3: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...harriso-2.html
Episode 2: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...harriso-1.html
Episode 1: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...-harrison.html

Personally, I thought it would come down to Melissa and Jillian, with Jillian being proposed to. At this point I would say that my head is saying he should go with Molly, but my “heart” is saying Melissa. Melissa seems like a great girl, but there is a lot of baggage. She is dumped everytime, her parents and brother don't care enough to come onto the show, her friends say that her boyfriends always "use and abuse" her. I'm not sure that she can handle a serious relationship. But she is very attractive (and a former Dallas Cowboy cheerleader). Molly... cute girl but very WASP-ish. Jullian really was the better choice in my opinion.

As far as Deanna goes, I don’t see him going back with her. Whenever they show her talking with him then him running out onto the balcony in despair, notice that he is wearing completely different clothes. I think the scene of him running out onto the balcony is right after he tells either Melissa or Molly that he chose the other.

With regard to spoiler tags - I think we are the only two reading this thread aside from a few Friday the 13th fans so I don’t think spoilers are really needed.

And there are three more shows for this season. Next week is the "women tell all" show followed by the final rose ceremony, followed by a wrapup episode (which I guess tells their current status).
Thanks for the info and insights. Interesting blogs.

I'm also surprised he didn't pick Jillian. She seemed more his type and they sure heated up the screen in that hot tub scene. He had stated that the only thing he wasn't sure about was her passion...

I don't see him choosing Molly. They don't seem to fit.

Not surprised that he picked Melissa. She even looks like Deanna, but there are lots of unanswered questions with her... It's my guess that this season won't end with an official engagement, but more like a 'promise' ring.
Old 02-17-09, 02:09 PM

I've been watching the show for the first time this season . I must admit I've enjoyed it so far. I dont think I'll watch the next one though .
I like Melissa. Really dont like Molly. I could have lived with Jillian making it to the end.

One blog I've been reading says he has info on how it will end. He says he will be posting it tomorrow.

http://www.realitysteve.com/

Old 02-17-09, 04:21 PM

Really liked Jillian, but I think Jason needs to "take care of someone" and that someone is Melissa. Jillian is to strong a woman for him, and Molly seems really fake to me. Like she is forcing a good time.

I really like Jason as the bachelor, he is def. a DILF. There is no accounting for the chemistry he has with Melissa, and I see her taking the final rose.
Old 02-17-09, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

I only like watching to see how hot and crazy the women are, but this season interfered with too many other shows.
Old 02-18-09, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by draven31
I've been watching the show for the first time this season . I must admit I've enjoyed it so far. I dont think I'll watch the next one though .
I like Melissa. Really dont like Molly. I could have lived with Jillian making it to the end.

One blog I've been reading says he has info on how it will end. He says he will be posting it tomorrow.

http://www.realitysteve.com/

If what he says is true, it's every bit as shocking as ABC has been promising.. if it's true, hopefully it will backfire on everyone involved..
Old 02-18-09, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And with that, I won't read it.

I will comment, but in spoiler tags since I am discussing based on previews:

Spoiler:
I hate Deanna. I have thought she was a bitch ever since she was on Brad's bachelor. I hope she ends up miserable, and I really hope Jason tells her to go fuck herself.
Old 02-18-09, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Jason is the most bland and boring bachelor ever.
Gee, thanks.

Old 02-24-09, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting show, I wonder if Jillian will be the next Bachelorette?

And the previews for next week look good, it will be interesting to see Jason's family interviewing Molly and Melissa, as well as to see Jason's reaction when Deanna comes back.

Jason, you have the same name as the Bachelor. Which one would you choose?
Old 02-24-09, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow, there are some interesting rumors floating around out there.

Rumor #1: Jason picks Melissa but continues to see Molly, then dumps Melissa at the "after the rose ceremony" for Molly.

Rumor #2: Jason doesn't pick Melissa nor Molly but instead gets back together with his ex-wife.
Heat, did you read the 'realitysteve' link? It will be interesting to see if that rumor is true...
Old 02-24-09, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Molly's hot. Enjoyed her goofy family.

Melissa's voice would drive me up the walls. Plus I find her a bit too immature at the moment.

I'd picked Gillian and Molly for my final 2. Wouldn't mind seeing Gillian as the next Bachelorette.

Stephanie looked a little too much like Joan Allen at times.
Old 02-24-09, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The pieces are coming together now with what happened. Pretty heavy stuff so I’ll put it in spoilers:

Edit: Really heavy stuff. If you read this you will probably be less inclined to watch the rest of the show. Read at your own risk.
Spoiler:
Jason picks Melissa next week, which was filmed in mid to late November? Melissa is happy and calls her parents, her parents don't approve of the relationship. Jason is devastated which is when he goes out onto the balcony crying (the scene shown over and over).

In the six or so weeks between that last episode and the After the Rose Ceremony (ATRC) which was filmed in January, he stays in contact with Molly. At the ATRC he breaks up with Melissa and gets together with Molly.

Remember, that was filmed in January. Next week on Tuesday is supposed an ATRC2 episode where it shows that Jason is now engaged to Molly. ATRC2 hasn't been filmed yet because Melissa doesn't want to be a part of it.

Conspiracy theories: Some are saying that the chemistry was always stronger between Jason and Molly and that the producers were downplaying it to build up to a Melissa breakup. This is assuming that Jason picks Melissa of course, so the theory is that the producers "pushed" Jason into picking Melissa so that he could then break up with her and go with Molly. I don't buy it personally, but Chris Harrison (the host) is saying that the ending is not scripted which sounded like an odd statement, but he is saying that the producers didn't tell Jason to pick, then break up, with Melissa.

Really odd ending.

It looks like next week will be a very interesting show!

edited to update the spoiler

Last edited by Heat; 02-25-09 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-24-09, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I kind of wish I didn't read the spoilers.
Old 02-24-09, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I kind of wish I didn't read the spoilers.
uh yeah, me too. I'm done with the show. I've always enjoyed it, but this was the last straw for me.
Old 02-25-09, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've added a new warning for the spoiler, as well as deleted my earlier guesses. I'll be recording it so I can skip through the slow parts / commercials. The After the Rose Ceremony on Tuesday will be worth watching.

Minor spoiler:
Spoiler:
if you like watching somebody's heart get crushed.
Old 02-25-09, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm not reading the spoiler posted by Heat, but I'm really intrigued. I'm still guessing that the Deanna thing is a red herring & that nothing will come out of it.

Any further discussion of Heat's spoilers.... please make sure they are in spoilers as well!
Old 02-25-09, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Jason, you have the same name as the Bachelor. Which one would you choose?
I don't watch it, just looked out of curiosity because of the name.

If there are pics if the girls anywhere. I'd be happy to make a totally shallow decision based solely on physical appearance though
Old 02-25-09, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jason
I don't watch it, just looked out of curiosity because of the name.

If there are pics if the girls anywhere. I'd be happy to make a totally shallow decision based solely on physical appearance though

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.