Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Entourage - "Play'n With Fire" - 11/16/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-08, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Jaime Lynn Sigler looked gorgeous.

Good set up for the finale. It'll be interesting to see how it works out for them back in Queens. I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow land another job before the end of the season.

8 season for this show sounds perfect. It's a huge hit for HBO so I'd be surprised if it ends with anything less than 8 seasons.
Old 11-17-08, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doughboy

And one more thing. Why is Drama going back to Queens with the rest of the group? Doesn't he have a hit TV show he should be back in L.A. working on?
Going to Queens obviously wont be a permanent thing. And I think it was meant to be assumed that Drama is in-between seasons, considering we havent seen him work in a couple episodes.
Old 11-17-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Going to Queens obviously wont be a permanent thing. And I think it was meant to be assumed that Drama is in-between seasons, considering we havent seen him work in a couple episodes.
I suppose. It's definitely a while after the release of Hancock since Ari referenced the box office take of that film. It would have to be the late spring/early summer '09 if his show has the same hiatus as most other network series.
Old 11-17-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Turtle can't act. Vince can't act. Oh, and Jamie Lynn can't act. The director was funny.
Old 11-17-08, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
No one else is getting a little tired of some major drama always interrupting Vince's career? It's getting to be absurd. I just wish the show wasn't so gimmicky.
Old 11-17-08, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Yeah, the show was best when the guys were just having fun with Ari freaking out and the (minimal) drama would come from personal stuff, not professional stuff. But I guess they got bored writing plots like that, so they went for the big career disaster thing. Which makes the show less fun.
Old 11-17-08, 03:04 PM

The show has to evolve. I for one have found this season to be great... I'm sick of Vince just having the greatest life ever, its been nice to see the guys actually struggling.
Old 11-17-08, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Vince can't act.
I'm taking it you've never seen "Drive Me Crazy". No, I've said from the beginning he was the weakest link on the show, and that's saying something when Jerry Ferrara is in your cast.

Oh, and I liked the fact they threw in ANOTHER Kevin Smith joke in there. Do they not know any other directors other than Smith and Michael Bay? Although after seeing "A Threevening" it did make me laugh a little.
Old 11-17-08, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The show has to evolve. I for one have found this season to be great... I'm sick of Vince just having the greatest life ever, its been nice to see the guys actually struggling.
We're obvioulsy watching two different shows. Vince, as evidenced by the season premier, has and will always have a great life based on his limited fame and his minimilistic needs (food and women). The last few seasons have been rough sailing. Since the show's premier (which takes place after Head On has been shot) he's made a small independent, Aquaman, and a direct to DVD bomb. Not exactly sure how that qualifies as "greastest life ever."

The guy is not Will Smith. I am annoyed by the backtracking his career has taken since Aquaman - all due to his and Eric's own egos. Over the last few years I've gone from cheering for the guy to enjoying his fall.

Thank god I don't pay for HBO.
Old 11-17-08, 03:59 PM
wiz

I guess I don't understand why all of them are heading back to NY now. Eric has his own managing company now...is he just going to let it slide? Drama has his TV show...but maybe he is in hiatus right now, or possibly got fired after his interview on "The View"? Too many questions left unanswered, but I don't think they will be back in NY for an extended period of time. What are they going to do there?
Old 11-17-08, 04:19 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by wiz
I guess I don't understand why all of them are heading back to NY now.
Vince is upset, and going back "home" to get away from everything. All of them are going to support him. I don't think they are moving out there for good. Drama still has his place (where they have all been living).

This is nothing more than Vince saying "let's go to Vegas," and them all jumping on a plane. Exept now they fly coach
Old 11-17-08, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Turtle and Jamie lynn aren't acting, they're really banging off set. Show keeps me entertained.
Old 11-17-08, 07:32 PM

I didnt take it as them going back to NY forever just because they are got on that plane... what, they cant visit their hometown ever?
Old 11-17-08, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by madcougar
We're obvioulsy watching two different shows. Vince, as evidenced by the season premier, has and will always have a great life based on his limited fame and his minimilistic needs (food and women). The last few seasons have been rough sailing. Since the show's premier (which takes place after Head On has been shot) he's made a small independent, Aquaman, and a direct to DVD bomb. Not exactly sure how that qualifies as "greastest life ever."

The guy is not Will Smith. I am annoyed by the backtracking his career has taken since Aquaman - all due to his and Eric's own egos. Over the last few years I've gone from cheering for the guy to enjoying his fall.

Thank god I don't pay for HBO.
I know the guy isnt Will Smith... but stuff seemed to always go relatively smoothly. This is the first season where the problem really hasnt gotten better, at all... throughout the course of the season. Who knows though, the season finale could change all that.
Old 11-18-08, 04:58 AM

Get Vince back on the beach with a beard, I say. Make the show about E's managing business and Drama's TV show. Leave Turtle and the Sopranos chick on the beach too...
Old 11-18-08, 09:15 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
I kinda like this season, cause it is exploring the perils of being an actor, as it is definitely a 'what have you done for me lately' industry for the majority. Of course some of the storylines are over the top, but you have to take the show with a grain of salt.

I actually sided with the director, as I bet many directors in Hollywood get frustrated working with actors who are just a pretty face and can't act. He was so right when Ari talked about Vince working with James Cameron, and his response was great as he said without saying he may be a great action hero, but he can't act for shit when it comes to a drama. I think this sorta reflects alot of the problems in movies today as guys like Vince are pumped up in stupid action movies, and then try to move onto some dramatic role and can't pull it off.

BTW, if this is true about Turtle and Meadow Soprano in real life as a couple, maybe she does have a fetish for guys that look like South Park Characters
Old 11-18-08, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the impression that Jason Patrick was the lead and Ed Norton would be like Matt Damon in SPR.
Old 11-18-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by coli
I actually sided with the director, as I bet many directors in Hollywood get frustrated working with actors who are just a pretty face and can't act. He was so right when Ari talked about Vince working with James Cameron, and his response was great as he said without saying he may be a great action hero, but he can't act for shit when it comes to a drama. I think this sorta reflects alot of the problems in movies today as guys like Vince are pumped up in stupid action movies, and then try to move onto some dramatic role and can't pull it off.
While I understand what you mean, this isn't true of Vince, as he's supposedly proven himself to be a strong dramatic actor in the Queen's Blvd. indie, and in this episode both studio heads agreed that his work they saw in the dailies was solid.
Old 11-18-08, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know the guy isnt Will Smith... but stuff seemed to always go relatively smoothly. This is the first season where the problem really hasnt gotten better, at all... throughout the course of the season. Who knows though, the season finale could change all that.
But I don't think that's the case. If you remember the guys had big hopes for Queens Blvd. and it ended up being a small, independent movie. Then the studio goes and colorizes it. Auquaman was a hit. But then the Medillin fiasco where he loses the Auquaman sequel, loses his a-list status, alienates a very powerful studio head, and almost loses his career. How is this "relatively smooth?"

Sure they portray his life to be easy cheesy, but that has more to do with his general attitude than his career being rosy. Even before this season he was showing up at parties for money. His career has been shit since Aquaman, which was in Season 2.
Old 11-18-08, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Another strange thing about the show's continuity/timeline...Drama said that he had around 50 something episodes of Five Towns done. The show should be on it's 2nd season at the maximum, and having over 25 episodes per seems like a lot.