Search this Thread

Old 11-12-08, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Friday Night Lights -- "Keeping Up Apperances" -- 11/12/08

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Eric and Tami try to calm Jamarca's angry parents; Matt plans a surprise for Julie; Billy helps Tim pursue a scholarship; and Jason, Herc and the Riggins brothers receive good news.

Old 11-12-08, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk God

EW.com reports that:

Spoiler:

A certain character will be coming out of the closet in tonight's episode.

Any guesses on who?

I say it's:

Spoiler:

J.D. McCoy

Old 11-12-08, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler:
I'm thinking the same: J.D. ... IMO...this kid, as good as he is.. does not want to play football. Not sure if it's because he is gay or not.. I just think he'd rather be doing anything else. If it is him, his father is going to lie down and die. Jerk that he is.
Old 11-12-08, 04:17 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Living the sheltered life out in the boonies that I've lived, I'm curious
Spoiler:
do people "know" they are gay at age 15? I guess it just always seemed like something that a person wouldn't really know until they were in their late teens at the earliest.
Old 11-12-08, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
I doubt it -
Spoiler:
he was kinda salivating over Lyla in just the last episode, while he was drunk and honest
Old 11-12-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It seems that two people came out tonight:

Jamacras to his parents about being a Panther

And...

Devon.. the bass player! Poor Landry!

JD's father is a freak. A complete freak. I hope Coach takes him down
a bunch of notches.
Old 11-12-08, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
JD's father is a freak. A complete freak. I hope Coach takes him down a bunch of notches.
SERIOUSLY. At the dinner they made him seem somewhat normal, but at practice and the game he was nuts. And then he leaves when JD does well? Come on, Dad...
Old 11-13-08, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Poor Landry - you just can't win. Buddy had it rough for a while too. 'Vegan' must be a 4-letter work in Texas.

Weird to have an episode w/o Matt but the preview next week confirms something I had been anticipating:
Spoiler:
a position change (to WR) to keep him on the field
Old 11-13-08, 08:54 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Weird to have an episode w/o Matt but the preview next week confirms something I had been anticipating:
Spoiler:
a position change (to WR) to keep him on the field
Is this the first episode where there was a game and Matt wasn't seen at all?

The Landry stuff is now the worst on the show, IMO. Street's stuff this season was much better, and now it seems he'll be gone.
Old 11-13-08, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hah, poor Landry, seriously, that boy can't catch a break.

It was weird not to see Saracen or Julie for the matter in an episode as Buddy's family subplot was dragging down the episode for me.

Street is still money, has a future in promoting talent, too.

JD's dad is a punk who happens to have money, but is too myopic in his son's development on the football field and has to micro-manage everything to its detriment.
Old 11-13-08, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Street is still money, has a future in promoting talent, too.

That was a bit weird to me - not the Riggins part, but that they are setting him up to be a sports agent, which you'd think at a major agency, would require a law degree.

I'm also wondering what the fuck that ex-Panther, presumably still in college and playing that fall, was doing walking around with a sports agent.
Old 11-13-08, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That was a bit weird to me - not the Riggins part, but that they are setting him up to be a sports agent, which you'd think at a major agency, would require a law degree.

I'm also wondering what the fuck that ex-Panther, presumably still in college and playing that fall, was doing walking around with a sports agent.
Just a quick, easy way for the sports agent angle to be dropped into Street's lap. I'm sure the writers didn't expect the average viewer to know (or care) about the logistics of it.
Old 11-13-08, 11:55 AM

Not correct. The major agencies would have legal/business affairs departments should odd contractual questions come up. It's the same way with major talent agencies - very, very few have law degrees. Also a sports agent hanging around with a college star is not that far fetched if he's trying to sign them, which they indicated he was.
Old 11-13-08, 12:10 PM
Suspended

Well, I'm not sure how it works in the football world, but I've had experience with hockey agents and college players - "family advisors" is the term they like to use...they aren't being paid at all, but as soon as their amateur eligibility is up, they sign a contract.
Old 11-13-08, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I miss Smash.
Old 11-13-08, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts
I love this show. Every episode is gold.
Old 11-14-08, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
NO , not gold they had julie in a swimsuit in a lake and we got no good shots, christ not even a peak. Someone needs FIRED asap.

What was that damn song Landry new band memeber was singing, it's driving me nuts that I can't remember.
Old 11-14-08, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by hdtv00
NO , not gold they had julie in a swimsuit in a lake and we got no good shots, christ not even a peak. Someone needs FIRED asap.

What was that damn song Landry new band memeber was singing, it's driving me nuts that I can't remember.
She dont use jelly
Or any of these
She uses vaseline
Vaseline
Vaseline
Old 11-14-08, 08:32 PM
Suspended

Good point. That was ridiculous. She's over 18, so that's no excuse. BS.
Old 11-14-08, 09:20 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

"She Don't Use Jelly" by The Flaming Lips
Old 11-15-08, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by uteotw
SERIOUSLY. At the dinner they made him seem somewhat normal, but at practice and the game he was nuts. And then he leaves when JD does well? Come on, Dad...
His dad reminds me of Todd Marinovich's dad and the things he did.

He has never eaten a Big Mac or an Oreo or a Ding Dong. When he went to birthday parties as a kid, he would take his own cake and ice cream to avoid sugar and refined white flour. He would eat homemade catsup, prepared with honey. He did consume beef but not the kind injected with hormones. He ate only unprocessed dairy products. He teethed on frozen kidney. When Todd was one month old, Marv was already working on his son's physical conditioning. He stretched his hamstrings. Pushups were next. Marv invented a game in which Todd would try to lift a medicine ball onto a kitchen counter. Marv also put him on a balance beam. Both activites grew easier when Todd learned to walk. There was a football in Todd's crib from day one. "Not a real NFL ball," says Marv. "That would be sick; it was a stuffed ball."

Because of his strict upbringing and almost mechanical lifestyle under his father, some nicknamed him the "Robo QB."
Old 11-16-08, 12:02 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
where was Saracen in this episode ?
Old 02-27-09, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Friday Night Lights -- "Keeping Up Apperances" -- 11/12/08

Bump

This episode airs tonight.
Old 02-27-09, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 419 Likes on 303 Posts

I was kind of wondering the same thing after watching last week, anyway will tune in tonight.
Old 02-27-09, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

No Saracen no sale. No Julie either? What were they thinking this week? Surprising (or not) I still really liked this episode. I liked the feel good story with the fullback and his family.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.