TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Bang Theory -- The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem -- 11/03/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-08, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Big Bang Theory -- The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem -- 11/03/08

Spoiler:
Sheldon and the gang are confused when a young grad student is attracted to him.

Sounds awesome. BTW, my solo band in Rock Band 2 is named The Big Bang Theory .
Old 11-03-08, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Great episode. This show has really hit its stride and is the highlight of my TV-watching week.
Old 11-04-08, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed, I think they have realized that Sheldon is just as big a star as any of them, if not better. His episodes are just hysterical and this was no disappointment. Really enjoyed it.
Old 11-04-08, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Funny episode. The show is finding its stride. Sheldon has indeed become the show's star, but I could see a spin-off with Wolowitz living in his mother's basement. His lines are nearly always golden.
Old 11-04-08, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I loved Wolowitz trying to impress the girl by mentioning the space station liquid waste disposal system he helped create. "Ew."

Sara Gilbert is being used wisely thus far. Just a few zingers and done. Too much of her would ruin the show.
Old 11-04-08, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I loved Wolowitz trying to impress the girl by mentioning the space station liquid waste disposal system he helped create. "Ew."

Sara Gilbert is being used wisely thus far. Just a few zingers and done. Too much of her would ruin the show.
Agree about Wolowitz, I think he could use a little more screen time though. Don't like Sara Gilbert's character at all and would be pleased if she just didn't come back.
Old 11-04-08, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Another great episode - love this show!
Old 11-04-08, 09:15 AM

Yes, it's clear that Sheldon is the star. I think I recognized this last week during last week's episode when he is getting his learner's permit. I love how the cast confirmed he's asexual when Penny asked what his deal was. I saw the dream sequence coming a mile away!

I was surprised by how good an actress grad student Ramona Nowitzi was. The only reason I recognized her was because someone in the Otter forum was crushing on her from a Domino's commercial when her boyfriend is hinting at a quick roll in the hay and she wonders what will they do for the other 29 minutes.
Old 11-04-08, 06:25 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Barings
I was surprised by how good an actress grad student Ramona Nowitzi was. The only reason I recognized her was because someone in the Otter forum was crushing on her from a Domino's commercial when her boyfriend is hinting at a quick roll in the hay and she wonders what will they do for the other 29 minutes.
I like that actress too (she's pops up from time to time in character actor roles, beyond just commercials). I never knew what her name was; thanks for the link.

I just started watching BBT at the start of this season; I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. It's a lot better than I expected it to be.
Old 11-04-08, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm actually disappointed they took what feels like such a big turn from the Penny/Leonard stuff to mostly Sheldon centric episodes this year.
Old 11-04-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm actually disappointed they took what feels like such a big turn from the Penny/Leonard stuff to mostly Sheldon centric episodes this year.
I'm really enjoying the Sheldon episodes but I do worry about overkill. They need to keep mixing in the Penny/Leonard stories as well.
Old 11-04-08, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by WallyOPD
I'm really enjoying the Sheldon episodes but I do worry about overkill. They need to keep mixing in the Penny/Leonard stories as well.
Agreed. It's like everyone is becoming a supporting player to Sheldon. Hey producers, "spread the wealth"!
Old 11-05-08, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Leonard is the weakest character on the show. It wouldn't bother me if they shift the show's focus to Sheldon, though they need to flesh out the other supporting characters. I wouldn't mind them bringing back the grad student for a future episode or even as a recurring character.