TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes Exec-Producers Leave Over "Creative Differences"

Old 11-03-08, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
Heroes Exec-Producers Leave Over "Creative Differences"

This show is sliding fast.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...1e6d7b3bc3f31a

Last edited by Double_Oh_7; 11-03-08 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-03-08, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
This is being discussed in this weeks Heroes thread as well but my thoughts are that this is a good thing regardless of what happens:

1- The remaining producers figure shit out and the shows go back to season one quality.

2- The show's quality takes an even bigger nosedive and either gets cancelled or I can stop watching.

This show has been 50/50 for me since season 2. I watch every week and I'm always a little disappointed but for some reason I always come back next week. This move will hopefully put an end to that.
Old 11-03-08, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Goat3001

This show has been 50/50 for me since season 2. I watch every week and I'm always a little disappointed but for some reason I always come back next week.
Same here.
Old 11-03-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I still have the last two eps on the DVR with no desire to watch them. I noticed there isn't a new thread for today, so is there no episode on tonight?

Anyway, I will echo the previous comments in that I wouldn't mind if it decided to get its shit together or wave the white flag so I can commit either way.
Old 11-03-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

TVG says "fired": http://www.tvguide.com/News/Heroes-P...red-35149.aspx
Old 11-03-08, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
I noticed there isn't a new thread for today, so is there no episode on tonight?
You are correct sir.
Old 11-03-08, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,020 Likes on 811 Posts
Could be a good thing, Heroes continues to be a "Great concept, poor execution" series, though unlike most, I felt that way during Season 1 as well.
Old 11-03-08, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe they shouldn't create 5 new heroes every episode and tarantino the fuck out of the show by jumping all around time-wise?
Old 11-03-08, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts
My wife and I just got caught up on the series this weekend. We'd missed the entire thing, so far.

I'm kind of wondering though, what's so bad about this season in particular? Maybe I just don't remember the first (best?) season, but the show seems to have maintained the same quality from the get-go.
Old 11-03-08, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RichC2
Could be a good thing, Heroes continues to be a "Great concept, poor execution" series, though unlike most, I felt that way during Season 1 as well.
I felt that way too. I've also stopped watching.
Old 11-03-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Goat3001
This is being discussed in this weeks Heroes thread as well but my thoughts are that this is a good thing regardless of what happens:
I know. I figured a separate thread would be good for people who don't actively follow the show, or the weekly threads.

What happened to the "Ordinary people with extraordinary abilities" concept? They're not so ordinary anymore -- and thus far less relatable as season one.
Old 11-03-08, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1- The remaining producers figure shit out and the shows go back to season one quality.
This show will never get back to S1 quality, too late for that, those days are long gone.

2- The show's quality takes an even bigger nosedive and either gets cancelled or I can stop watching.
Works for me.

The series has also been dealing with hefty budget overruns going beyond the already large $4 million per-episode pricetag.

Holy shit, I knew this show was expensive to produce, but damn $4 million + an episode damn.
Old 11-03-08, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by lopper
My wife and I just got caught up on the series this weekend. We'd missed the entire thing, so far.

I'm kind of wondering though, what's so bad about this season in particular? Maybe I just don't remember the first (best?) season, but the show seems to have maintained the same quality from the get-go.
Simply put, I think the plot isn't anywhere where it was the first season. It seems that they're adding in aspects of a simple story to accomodate the evergrowing amount of Heroes on the show. If they got rid of everyone BUT Claire, HRG (and their family minus the biological mom), the Petrellis, non-hero Mohinder and Sylar and kept the volumes to 8-10 episodes (and two volumes a season) the show would be much better IMO. Maybe throwing in another villain to compliment Sylar wouln't hurt either.

Also it wouldn't kill them to have a few small side stories to keep the pacing good and give them some room for filler stories to keep the main story from dragging. But you don't have to necessarily have it all come together at the end with all the Heroes. Having completely seperate stories with similar themes isn't a bad idea.
Old 11-03-08, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy shit, I knew this show was expensive to produce, but damn $4 million + an episode damn.
Yes, which is why I said in the last thread this series will be VERY lucky to have another full season.
Old 11-03-08, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What is the 4 Million going towards?? Salaries?
Cut the cast.
Old 11-03-08, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
Cut the cast.
Probably special effects and cast salaries along with the large production crew.
Old 11-03-08, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
I know. I figured a separate thread would be good for people who don't actively follow the show, or the weekly threads.
Why would anyone who doesn't actively watch the show or read the weekly threads give a crap about 2 writers from this show getting fired?
Old 11-03-08, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Why would anyone who doesn't actively watch the show or read the weekly threads give a crap about 2 writers from this show getting fired?
Wow, Exec-Producers and two writers gone?

I don't mind the extra thread since I won't visit the episode thread becuse I've stopped watching and don't care about what's happening on the show itself.

News is news.
Old 11-03-08, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Oh, please. It's news. Why bury it in a weekly thread?
Old 11-03-08, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Oh, please. It's news. Why bury it in a weekly thread?
Point taken. You are right. I've started threads about shows getting renewed/axed and it's the same deal. Sorry didn't mean to be a jerk.
Old 11-03-08, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm not too broken up about these departures... Loeb has a pretty tired writing style and only sometimes do his episodes/comics really 'hit'. Alexander was a contributing force to the destruction of Alias IMO... I really hope that Pushing Daisies gets a miracle back end pick up, but if not, they should get Bryan Fuller back ASAP for the last bit of the season, to try and pick up the pieces.
Old 11-03-08, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Cut the cast.
The big problem with Heroes is exactly that. They added to many characters, especially on Season 2. Add the cheap One Tree Hill plot that writers stuck Claire with and you'll see how things went south.
Old 11-03-08, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I'm not too broken up about these departures... Loeb has a pretty tired writing style and only sometimes do his episodes/comics really 'hit'.
So true. His current comic book projects are just dreadful. Maybe it's a case of spreading himself too thin. Now hopefully he'll concentrate more on quality and not quantity.
Old 11-03-08, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think this show is circling the drain.

I think the best hope of salvaging something is to grab 2-3 writers who get 2-3 of the better characters and spin the sucker off into something that will cost the right amount of money and give us solid story week in and week out.
Old 11-03-08, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I think this show is circling the drain.

I think the best hope of salvaging something is to grab 2-3 writers who get 2-3 of the better characters and spin the sucker off into something that will cost the right amount of money and give us solid story week in and week out.
I agree. I always thought they would make it into a X-men of sorts and have the characters all join together to defeat a great nemesis instead we have all these little plots that dont make any sense and too many damn characters that don' t seem to be contributing to the over all story.
Matt and Suresh (sp?) have outlived their usefulness. Get rid of them.
Sylar, they are keeping because he was so popular during season 1. He is just going through the motions and isn't nearly as scary anymore. Pass the buton to someone else.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.