Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Eris Quod Sum" -- 10.27.2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-08, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next episode should be interesting.

I want to know more about Pa Petrelly and all his plans.
Old 10-28-08, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So i know that they've kinda distanced themselves from season 2 but its starting to get ridiculous. Not a single mention of monica, nothing on west, Mya's going to be gone for awhile i believe, Simone hasn't been mentioned, Papa Parkman is done, they wasted Adam Monroe, and i believe they will waste Elle as well.

I've got no problem with most of those except for Adam and Elle. They were some of the best parts of season 2. Not only did they ignore them but when they do use them its just to tie things up for no reason.
Old 10-28-08, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
When did they show this again? What time slot?

Oh, that's right, not even the fans knew. This show was, I believe, watched by a huge chunk of viewership online. I heard that towards the end there was about 6-7 million watching per night, but another estimated 2-3 million watching via downloads, streaming or DVR. I never saw a single episode on 'live' Television.

Journeyman played after the god-awful Heroes Season 2...I'm sure 'My Own Worst Enemy' is doing infinitely better, what with their Oct. 14 rating of 7.3 million. Come ON!! Not only that, but MOWE has name recognition for the lead and promos out the ASS. Something Journeyman never had. Oh, but JM did have a few things that were better: Storyline, acting, script, direction....

This show was Foxified if I've ever seen one...just as bad if not worse than Firefly.
Yeah, I get that you loved the show, but at least bother to check the ratings before you declare that it got "Foxed". There's this thing called Google that allows you to do this.
Old 10-28-08, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Just when I was getting used to, and enjoying, Sylar as a good guy they flip the coin again. Bah. Pick a side already. When he went in and saved Peter I was thinking, wow, this turn could actually work. Of course he did save Peter from the fall, so who knows how 'evil' he really is at this point.

bingo. I still think sylar is kind of good, But it seems like many on the show are in that grey area..there is no good/bad..just shades of it.
Old 10-28-08, 02:16 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Kocheese99
So i know that they've kinda distanced themselves from season 2 but its starting to get ridiculous. Not a single mention of monica, nothing on west, Mya's going to be gone for awhile i believe, Simone hasn't been mentioned, Papa Parkman is done, they wasted Adam Monroe, and i believe they will waste Elle as well.

I've got no problem with most of those except for Adam and Elle. They were some of the best parts of season 2. Not only did they ignore them but when they do use them its just to tie things up for no reason.
So they dumped all that was wrong of Season Two and your pissed?

And Elle is not going anywhere.
Old 10-28-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pretty decent episode, which means the next one will probably be awful, since 3 solid episodes in a row seems like it's too much to ask from this show.

Monica disappearing makes sense because Micah's not even a part of the show anymore (nor are Nikki or DL). I was one of the few that liked her character, but I'm glad they aren't shoe-horning her into a cast that's already too big.

The same applies to West; Claire kicked him to the curb iirc and his character served its purpose, so there's no reason to keep him around and only make the cast more bloated.

And why did you bring up Simone? She's dead.
Old 10-28-08, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Simone hasn't been mentioned
Why would she ever be mentioned again? Isaac shot her dead in Volume 1's "Unexpected", and now that he's dead too, why would she come up again?

I'd be more interested to find out how Senator Nathan is running around with another blonde instead of his no-longer-wheelchair-bound wife Heidi (Rena Sofer)?
Old 10-28-08, 04:34 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I'd be more interested to find out how Senator Nathan is running around with another blonde instead of his no-longer-wheelchair-bound wife Heidi (Rena Sofer)?
I thought he turned down the position (or forced out of it) sometime in Season Two? Or was it after he got shot and recovered in Season Three? I'm lost.
Old 10-28-08, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I thought he turned down the position (or forced out of it) sometime in Season Two? Or was it after he got shot and recovered in Season Three? I'm lost.
I thought Tracy Strauss (Ali Larter) is the Senator's PA, no? On that whole deal, I'm confused too because didn't we see Nathan in Washington picking out a desk?

On another note, now we have a better idea how future Peter gets a scar since right now he has no abilities.

Has Kring explained how many volumes he'd intended/hoped the show to go? Certainly not indefinitely...

Last edited by rfduncan; 10-28-08 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-28-08, 04:53 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I thought Tracy Strauss (Ali Larter) is the Senator's PA, no? On that whole deal, I'm confused too because didn't we see Nathan in Washington picking out a desk?

On another note, now we have a better idea how future Peter gets a scar since right now he has no abilities.

Has Kring explained how many volumes he'd intended/hoped the show to go? Certainly not indefinitely...
Ahhh, yes, you are right. That was a few episodes ago and I already forgot. I guess I would think a Senator would have, you know, work to do instead of running around solving mysteries.
Old 10-28-08, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ahhh, yes, you are right. That was a few episodes ago and I already forgot. I guess I would think a Senator would have, you know, work to do instead of running around solving mysteries.
As a Senator, he probably has extra time to kill since he isn't campaigning for President.

I know he was appointed a few episodes back, but has he actually taken office yet? And what did happen to his wife?
Old 10-28-08, 05:02 PM

His wife left him last season when he was a drunk. My question is why she didn't at least bring the kids to see their dad after he was shot.
Old 10-28-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I'm confused as well. Wasn't he elected Senator in season one? That didn't work out and now he's appointed Senator again?
Old 10-28-08, 05:23 PM
Suspended

Yeah...I don't remember and I watched all of Season One and Two when they hit Blu-ray in early August.
Old 10-28-08, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
You guys are pissing all over each other as if you're TV Critics or TV Execs.

Anyway, I liked the ep and I especially liked Pa Petrellii and his one liners:

"...you're grounded".
"you didn't know their mother"
----
Hardly any Hiro
No Hiro headsmack/knockout
Old 10-28-08, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Timber
I'm confused as well. Wasn't he elected Senator in season one? That didn't work out and now he's appointed Senator again?
I think in the first season he was running for Congress?
Old 10-28-08, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
No Hiro headsmack/knockout
Mr. African-Ebert gives Hiro 2 thumbs down.
Old 10-28-08, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Claire and Elle get on a plane knowing that Elle's powers are going crazy? That and the "solution" seemed really lame.

I've been liking the Pa Petrelli stuff, but why didn't he recapture Peter instead of trying to kill him? Didn't he want him as a test subject for whatever Suresh was going to do to him?
Old 10-28-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
I loved the show as much as you did but it wasn't getting 6-7 million viewers. I remember at one point the numbers dipped 5 million. They almost cancelled it without showing all the episodes they had already shot. You can't really blame NBC on this one I partially blame the fans that didn't watch on TV.
It never dipped below 5 million, but I was wrong about the consistent 6+:

9/24 9.16m
10/1 8.23m
10/8 6.94m
10/15 6.75m
10/22 5.72m
10/29 5.75m
11/5 5.13m
11/12 6.09m
11/19 5.61m
11/26 6.05m
12/10 5.28m

Again, I blame the people who didn't watch it on TV, as well, but in my case, I got in with about 2-3 weeks left in the series and I was playing catch-up until the series ended...didn't want to skip ahead in the storyline at all.

In this show's case, I think it's kinda bullshit that these other viewing methods aren't factored in, especially when one considers that even CURRENTLY 20% of shows are watched online...that demographic is obviously going to swing pretty heavily in the favor a certain show versus another. The system should be changed, and soon, as I think I read somewhere that in 5-10 years it's estimated to be almost 50%.

Sadly, I haven't changed at all and have yet to watch a Sarah Connor Chronicle on my TV set.
Old 10-28-08, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Pa Petrelli is going to end up being a good guy. That's only because the fans will end up loving him and they'll make him one. *coughSylar*cough
Old 10-28-08, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
I loved the show as much as you did but it wasn't getting 6-7 million viewers. I remember at one point the numbers dipped 5 million. They almost cancelled it without showing all the episodes they had already shot. You can't really blame NBC on this one I partially blame the fans that didn't watch on TV.
Next to heroes JM was the best show on TV at the time, I honestly beleive the time slot killed it and I thought that NBC did not show all the episodes shot.
Old 10-28-08, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I think Pa Petrelli is going to end up being a good guy. That's only because the fans will end up loving him and they'll make him one. *coughSylar*cough
I can't wait for his long lost daughter Karen Sisco to show up.
Old 10-28-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
I just watched S1 and S2 over the summer with a buddy. So I'm a bit fresher on this.

Nathan won the election to the House as a congressman, but he spent a bunch of time being a drunk and resigned the office (during the same period his wife left him).

Now he's got a Senate seat instead.
Old 10-28-08, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can someone please remind me when Claire met Niki? I can't remember why she'd recognize Tracy.
Old 10-28-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey
I just watched S1 and S2 over the summer with a buddy. So I'm a bit fresher on this.

Nathan won the election to the House as a congressman, but he spent a bunch of time being a drunk and resigned the office (during the same period his wife left him).

Now he's got a Senate seat instead.
Ah, cool... I haven't had time to rewatch seasons 1 and 2, but I was curious about one thing:

in season 1, wasn't ma patrelli very against the corporation, even going so far as to use the Haitian to keep Claire safe, etc.? Did they ever explain this?

Also, the minute Parkman Jr. said that it was an ability his dad had, I thought for sure they gave themselves an out to have Parkman Sr. still be alive. They were even killed in much the same way, both times with me screaming at the TV "why the heck are you standing so close to a guy that can kill you???"

What was the point of using Linderman to talk to the speedster if they were going to reveal Pa Patrelli as the mastermind anyway? Besides to fool the audience, of course. And if Daddy Parkman is really dead, then is that whole "Linderman influences Nathan" thing over?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.