Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Dying Of the Light" -- 10.20.2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-08, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forgot to point out another sloppy writing. Before yesterday's episode, when Hiro freezes time, Duffy can still move and see what Hiro is doing. Why the hell when Hiro freezes time yesterday at the bar, Duffy was frozen.
Old 10-21-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
I forgot to point out another sloppy writing. Before yesterday's episode, when Hiro freezes time, Duffy can still move and see what Hiro is doing. Why the hell when Hiro freezes time yesterday at the bar, Duffy was frozen.

good point !

-let's face it the writers just do what ever is convenient for them to move the story along.
Old 10-21-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
I more or less liked this one, but the last part of the effect of Adam crumbling looked horrible in HD, way too CG.
Yeah, I thought the CGI there was pretty bad (and I wasn't watching it in HD). I'd expect that level from a Sci-Fi Original, but not this show. Usually the effects are done well.

Still, it was an interesting way for Adam to go. Right afterwards my roommate said, "He chose...poorly."
Old 10-21-08, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I mentioned that too to my wife when it happened. Best I can guess is that she has to be in the middle of using her power to beat Hiro's time freeze. Otherwise she's stuck at the same speed as everyone else.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 10-21-08 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-21-08, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just realized I called Daphne Duffy.
Old 10-21-08, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Yeah, I mentioned that too to my wife when it happened. Best I can guess is that she also has to be in the middle of using her power to beat Hiro's time freeze. Otherwise she's stuck at the same speed as everyone else.

Great posts. I'd buy that theory Snowmaker. If she's not using her abilities then she's not outside of time and space.
Old 10-21-08, 10:14 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
In the wall painting of the villians, who was in the top right? IIRC the other three were (clockwise): Father Petrelli, Unknown, Fire Guy from Sleeper Cell, and Knox.

I more or less liked this one, but the last part of the effect of Adam crumbling looked horrible in HD, way too CG.
Didn't fire guy die in Season One? Or am I thinking of the exploding man?
Old 10-21-08, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Didn't fire guy die in Season One? Or am I thinking of the exploding man?
Bad Guy Painting. I'm not sure who the upper right side guy is dvd182.

http://heroeswiki.com/Image:Usutu_Villains.jpg

More of the latest paintings ("Dying of the Light") are on the bottom.

http://heroeswiki.com/Usutu%27s_paintings

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-21-08 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-21-08, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
He's talking about the bald guy with the blue flame.
Old 10-21-08, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Season 1 is Ted, the exploding man. This fire guy is the German I think.
Old 10-21-08, 11:09 AM

Just chiming in that I thought this was the best episode of the season by far. Up until this episode I thought the season was on a downward spiral, but most of the story was interesting this time.
Enough with Suresh, though. Kill him now and let's all move on.
Old 10-21-08, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Didn't he actually jump in time though vs. freezing it?
Old 10-21-08, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This episode really held my interest and I was pleasantly surprised it didn't suck.

Now I am waiting for NBC's new ad campaign:
"We know last season sucked, and we promised this season would be better, but now we REALLY mean it!"
Old 10-21-08, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Didn't he actually jump in time though vs. freezing it?
He did all 3, froze time, teleported to the fake sword shop, teleported back but earlier in the day to setup Ando, returned to his original time, and then unfroze time.
Old 10-21-08, 02:49 PM

Do we know what has happened to Claire's brother? He hasn't been on lately, and I don't remember if they addressed it or not.
Old 10-21-08, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

so how did Pa Petrelli got his powers? his initial power at least. According to the comics he didn't have any powers. Or that's the way I remember it.
Old 10-21-08, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by Palaver
Do we know what has happened to Claire's brother? He hasn't been on lately, and I don't remember if they addressed it or not.
Maybe he got Chuck Cunninghamed.
Old 10-21-08, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Raul3
so how did Pa Petrelli got his powers? his initial power at least. According to the comics he didn't have any powers. Or that's the way I remember it.
Most likely injection of the formula. That is how Nathan, probably Peter, Nikki/Tracy/Barbara/Jessica, Suresh got their power.
Old 10-21-08, 07:00 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Sad to see Adam go when there are so many others that should go first.
I am sad to see him gone as well. So many others could have bit the dust before him. David was great.

Stupid to bring him back from the dead in S2, to kill him so quickly in S3. He was hardly on!

In some ways I hope they bring him back.
Old 10-21-08, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So I figure Pa Petrelli wants to release the formula into the wild and then steal everyone's powers.
Old 10-21-08, 07:13 PM

This was easily the best episode of Season 3. For the guy in the top right of the image, I thought it was Peter myself.

I find the episode finally gave a clearer view of who is good and who is evil but too many are still questionable... they have so many characters now!

I hope Gabriel remains good, I think his is probably the one who's development has been the best so far.
Old 10-21-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
He did all 3, froze time, teleported to the fake sword shop, teleported back but earlier in the day to setup Ando, returned to his original time, and then unfroze time.
I figured that she could perceive him moving during a "time freeze" whether she's using her power or not. But let's say this happened:

11:00:00 Hiro teleports to sword shop
11:00:05 Hiro finishes gathering materials and props (she, the bad guy, and Ando all freak out cause Hiro has vanished). Hiro times jumps and teleports.
06:00:00 Hiro puts the stage props on the wall before anybody ever gets to the bar. Hiro time jumps.
11:00:01 Hiro arrives back to the bar in current time. The future where she, the bad guy, and Ando have all freaked out now never happens. From their perspective, he's been standing there all along.
Old 10-22-08, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
I was wondering who the hell "Duffy" was.

I think that she can only move when Hiro freezes time by being "frozen" mid-super speed. Sort of makes sense, when you think about it.

Seemed like a huge waste to kill off Adam so soon. He seemed like a fairly important clue to everything... he's 400 years old, the name "Adam" implies he was the first "hero," he had a banner with the gene logo. Seemed like he was somewhat crucial to the mythology.

Hopefully we'll see him again in some flashbacks. They really need to go back to the 1970s so we can see what the previous generation was up to.

Still, this was the best episode of this season. Hope they can keep the momentum up.
Old 10-22-08, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
I liked that Ando pointed out the hypocrisy of Hiro refusing to go back in time anymore, when he just did it earlier in the day for his convoluted plot to fake-kill Ando. Of course, it didn't make their plan any less stupid... if the guy is a precog, why would NOT using your powers allow you to sneak up on him? Of course he was "testing" them, but still.

The other big leap in logic was the entire situation with Claire going to rescue fire-mom. I'm assuming that the profile had what his powers were. Even if it didn't, firemom was dumb to go in and get caught. And then Claire and mom go with the stupid taser gun as their only weapon. Of course, it was fairly obvious what was going to happen once they started the spin the gun game, which took all the tension out of it.

I can't tell if the whole Parkman thing is bad plotting, or if it's just in-character with the dorkiness of his character. I guess it moved the plot along quickly, but you'd think he'd be a little smoother in revealing how much he knew about the speedster.
Old 10-22-08, 07:18 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
wow thread much shorter than usual, people are turning off this show

I also liked this ep better, no time travelling and it's time to clearly define the heroes and villians and let them go at it

If Clair wants to become a hunter, she needs to get some serious firepower

I would arm myself to the teeth and shoot first, ask questions later. You never know what the powers of this villians is.

Liked the puppet master power, boy i could make use of that power backstage at a Victoria's Secret show

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.