Reload this Page >

Heroes -- "Dying Of the Light" -- 10.20.2008

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Dying Of the Light" -- 10.20.2008

Old 10-24-08, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
Yesterday, I went ahead and read chapter 65 - 108 of the online novels. They did a back story of the 2 agents that tried to capture Sylar on the day he took Claire's power.
Spoiler:
What was so dumb is that the husband told Sylar is he's the one with power so Sylar killed the girl. Sylar open the guy's head and find out he has no power. Then he just left, didn't bother to take her power. Since when is a dead person no longer useful for Sylar to take the power? In season 1, he was killing all the characters and take their power. Frigging writers with their inconsistency.
Dude, just stick with the TV show. All that other outside tie-in shit ranges from contradictory to downright disappointing. I'm still waiting to see what happened to the Mailman with the big forehead, "Black Canary Scream" powers, and with the hot ass GF.
Old 10-24-08, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
graphic novels just confuse, I stopped reading them last season
Old 10-24-08, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Took me forever to watch this one because the last few have been almost hard to watch...but this was a pretty good episode! They FINALLY made a more linear storyline, got rid of a character or two and made some movement in the overall story. Hopefully this trend continues.
Old 10-24-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Dude, just stick with the TV show. All that other outside tie-in shit ranges from contradictory to downright disappointing. I'm still waiting to see what happened to the Mailman with the big forehead, "Black Canary Scream" powers, and with the hot ass GF.
I assumed that the Screaming mailman was the Tattoo'd pudgy fellow who's body peter was trapped inside. He had the exact same power. They seem to play fast and loose with continuity anyway so they probably just cast another actor in that role.
Old 10-25-08, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Gonna pick up that EW today...I should just buy a damn subscription for $15.
Or be on the lookout for a free subscription. I haven't paid for EW in years.
Old 10-25-08, 02:24 AM

Hey bronze dragon, feel free to send me a message on how to do that!
Old 10-25-08, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by hitmanjules
Hey bronze dragon, feel free to send me a message on how to do that!

http://forums.slickdeals.net/forumdi...uid=92017&f=13
Old 10-25-08, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Are the new episodes re-shown anywhere but online?
You'll have to check your TV listings because you know every area is different. My area reshows it on the G4 channel I think on Thursday maybe Tuesday and some HD channel that I don't get so I didn't pay attention. So yes but you'll have to work for it. Online is much easier. NBC or Hulu.com
Old 10-25-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I just got my newest EW in the mail and Heroes is on the cover. They have a 3-4 page article on how the show is "broken" and their fixes. The amazing thing is that everything they mentioned has been posted here at some point. So none of it will come as a surprise to anyone here. It's almost as if the author is a regular here.

Their points included:

- weeding out the giant cast and killing off some characters so that we actually care about them. There's little tension as it is now. A lot of the characters seem pointless at this point like Parkman and his African jaunt and Suresh's Fly ripoff. Hiro and Ando are largely stale at this point as well.

- Dump time travel because of all the swiss cheese plot holes it creates not to mention it's hard to keep track of at this point.

- making characters do dumb 'out-of-character' things just to advance the story (Suresh injecting himself says hello, and Hiro says konnichiha)

- get the show grounded back in reality. No one has a normal life anymore. Point being, what made season 1 shine was that they were normal folks coping with abilities. Peter was a nurse, Claire a high schooler/cheerleader, Nikki/Jessica stripping to pay debts, Parkman a cop, etc.

Plus a bunch of others I'm forgetting. One thing they really hated was Vortex man. I thought he was one of the coolest additions since the first season and hope he returns.

Mild spoiler about a returning cast member:
Spoiler:
Kristen Bell will return in a couple of weeks for a Sylar flashback and it alludes to her being the reason he is the way he is
There is a link to the article above your post.
It does have some good points.
Old 10-26-08, 01:43 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
It seems Pa Patrelli has similar powers to Rogue from the X-Men. Let us all pray that he doesn't also have her "Getting Naked on True Blood" powers.
Old 10-26-08, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
There is a link to the article above your post.
It does have some good points.
Wow. Totally missed that one.
Old 10-27-08, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
It seems Pa Patrelli has similar powers to Rogue from the X-Men. Let us all pray that he doesn't also have her "Getting Naked on True Blood" powers.
not so, rogue could not control killing the people she touched as arthur petrelli can, also rogue could not take away their powers.
Old 10-27-08, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Originally Posted by kiddk1
not so, rogue could not control killing the people she touched as arthur petrelli can, also rogue could not take away their powers.
Dude, that was just Groucho's way of saying he wants to see Robert Forester nude. The comment was never really about Rogue.
Old 10-27-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by kiddk1
I'm not so sure Petrelli has control over killing anyone when he touches them. I don't think he has the ability to kill anyone at all, actually. It appeared to me that Adam Monroe died because Petrelli took his power, which instantly aged Monroe and turned him to dust.
Old 10-27-08, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts
Originally Posted by Thrush
If losing his powers let his age catch up with Adam why didnt the Haitian have the same effect on Adam when he was near him?
For that matter, in season 1, when HRG and the Haitian confronted Nathan in his PJ's in the parking lot, how was Nathan able to fly away from them?
Old 10-27-08, 09:14 PM

The writers chalked it up to residual energy so somesuch, I'm sure.

I admit, some of their mistakes or contradictions DO move the story along, but as the brains behind the successful superhero movie franchises can attest, you need consistency with your ground rules for the audience to buy into the fantastic element.