Reload this Page >

Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- CGI animated series -- Discussion Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- CGI animated series -- Discussion Thread

Old 09-16-12, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars -- Season 4

So apparently when the show goes into syndication, the episodes will be re-arranged to be in the proper chronology. I wonder if this means we'll be seeing a complete series boxset at some point that does the same thing.

Order of the first four episodes:
- Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
- “Cat and Mouse” (S216)
- “Hidden Enemy” (S116)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008 theatrical release)
- “Clone Cadets” (S301)
- “Supply Lines” (S303)
Old 09-16-12, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Well, at least that's one less program to record on Fridays. I got nuthin' on Saturday mornings except the occasional Young Justice.
Old 09-16-12, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 784 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
Bullshit for moving this show to Saturday mornings after being on Friday nights for four years.
A smart move as the adult viewers were all DVRing the program anyway, which means less conflicts on a Saturday morning. Friday night has become a horrible night to broadcast any new content for the networks. It's why cheap reality dreck has taken it over.
Old 09-16-12, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So apparently when the show goes into syndication, the episodes will be re-arranged to be in the proper chronology. I wonder if this means we'll be seeing a complete series boxset at some point that does the same thing.

Order of the first four episodes:
I hope not. People bitch enough about minor changes in SW that ordering shows not in broadcast order on a DVD shouldn't be a new bitch-point. I say just include info on chronilogical order in the pamplet.
Old 09-28-12, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
A smart move as the adult viewers were all DVRing the program anyway, which means less conflicts on a Saturday morning. Friday night has become a horrible night to broadcast any new content for the networks. It's why cheap reality dreck has taken it over.
Not really a smart move. The episodes were premiering on Friday nights, and the reruns were already the next morning. They're just eliminating one time slot altogether.

Anyway, this starts tomorrow.
Old 09-29-12, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Good episode, was kinda hoping the Maul and Savage storyline would wrap up... Loved the pirates, though.
Old 01-19-13, 01:28 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

man, sometimes this show, like the last episode, is really pretty awesome. it's too bad it's so hit or miss.
Old 01-20-13, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
man, sometimes this show, like the last episode, is really pretty awesome. it's too bad it's so hit or miss.
I'm still waiting for a full Ewoks-centric episode or more government meetings.
Old 02-02-13, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn, once it got back to the Death Watch stuff, it's epic. And tomorrow is the last Maul episode of the season wtf
Old 02-03-13, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Seeing Palpatine duel lightsabers with Maul was possibly the best moment in the history of The Clone Wars.
Old 02-03-13, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, once it got back to the Death Watch stuff, it's epic. And tomorrow is the last Maul episode of the season wtf
There is only 4 more of this season. I'd think he'd be back for next season. Sidious did say he had plans for him.
Old 02-03-13, 04:20 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

Palpatine vs Maul, and an army of Boba Fett's fighting... dayummm... this was awesome.
Old 02-03-13, 05:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Was a really good episode. I'll throw in the scene where the doors open and Obi-Wan, with lightsaber lit, sees this epic battle in front of him.
Old 02-03-13, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

I don't really watch this show but I saw the one this morning where Palps battled Maul and his brother and the Mandilorian fighting. Damn that was so good tv. I own season one and two but season one just didn't capture me 4 or so episodes in so I gave up. I'm going to have to watch them just to get up to season 4 so I can see what's going on.
Old 02-03-13, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
I don't really watch this show but I saw the one this morning where Palps battled Maul and his brother and the Mandilorian fighting. Damn that was so good tv. I own season one and two but season one just didn't capture me 4 or so episodes in so I gave up. I'm going to have to watch them just to get up to season 4 so I can see what's going on.
Yeah, definitely do. When this show delivers, it delivers hard. After some of the awesome stuff that has been in The Clone Wars, Episode VII is going to have a hard time amazing me.

On another note, two of my favorite characters died in back to back episodes. That sucks
Old 02-03-13, 08:07 PM

Yeah, definitely do. When this show delivers, it delivers hard. After some of the awesome stuff that has been in The Clone Wars, Episode VII is going to have a hard time amazing me.

On another note, two of my favorite characters died in back to back episodes. That sucks
I completely agree. Episode VII will have to be pretty awesome to eclipse some of the best moments in this series. This show has renewed my interest in Star Wars as well as a bit of my faith. When this show is good, it's damn good. I love the fact that they not only brought back maul but also changed him from a mindless dog into an intelligent and engaging character. He has been the highlight of the entire season.

I only wish the prequels could have been as fun and entertaining.
Old 02-03-13, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by nmr1723
He (Maul) has been the highlight of the entire season.
Not the little worm guy that commanded droids for four episodes?
Old 02-04-13, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Timber
The show, even with its cool moments, has long stretches of mediocrity. Someone should really put together a guide giving advice on which episodes are completely skippable.
Old 02-28-13, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Tim Curry is the new Palpatine and makes his debut on the season finale.
Old 02-28-13, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The show, even with its cool moments, has long stretches of mediocrity. Someone should really put together a guide giving advice on which episodes are completely skippable.
IMDB. Just skip any episode with the droids or Jar-Jar as the main players since those are usually cutsey-played-for-laughs episodes. Then, make sure you watch every episode where the clone troopers are the main players as those episodes are typically the darkest in theme and have the highest death count.

Last year there was a fantastic series where the troopers had to take on a rogue Jedi. It was brutal action with troopers getting killed left and right.
Old 03-03-13, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I watched the Ahsoka arc back-to-back and it made a great movie. It's too bad that the traitor was so obvious to figure out in the third episode. But having them step out of the shadows and hovering above Asajj, with that cool music playing, was a neat moment.
Old 03-03-13, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Damn, that was so good and Anakin v. Baris both with duel sabers was just awesome. So sad it took me til the last 4 episodes to get into this show.
Old 03-04-13, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I liked the call back to the jedi kids. I thought Baris was going to attack them for minute there.
Old 03-05-13, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

OK, that is some bull shit. I enjoyed the whole Ahsoka arc up until the last episode. It was great to see her on her own and how much she's grown since the beginning of the series. But the whole thing with her leaving the Order felt terribly contrived. And I hated, HATED what they did to Barriss Offee. A compassionate healer brutally murdering innocents?
Old 03-05-13, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Maybe jedi are prone to massive mood swings.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.