Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Worst Week

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-08, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I laughed my ass off but I was pretty baked. I enjoyed Meet the parents and this is right up its alley.
Old 09-23-08, 09:24 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
My year long boycott of CBS is working out just fine for me. From the reviews here, looks like I missed nothing.
Old 09-23-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually thought it was pretty good, there were a few chuckles here and there but the commercials showed all the funny lines.
Old 09-24-08, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was a bit much, a bit too forced, etc. I'll give it a 2nd chance but that's it. Not even a cute female lead and Kurtwood Smith could save this episode. If he had only called the guy a Dumbass then it might possibly have been redeemed...
Old 09-24-08, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
meh show, but the "punch you in the face" line had me rofling... my wife and I say stuff like that to each other all of the time.....
Ditto. I laughed at that as well.

Originally Posted by fernsita
They do have a wedding to plan, a baby on the way, and we know about an overly affectionate coworker to play off of.
Are we going to see that chick again, given she threw him out naked in the street and thought that he was trying to essentially rape her?
Old 09-24-08, 06:55 AM

I eally enjoyed the show. Not understanding all the hate. My wife and I were laughing the whole time.

Laughed my ass off at the "5 second rule" line as he was going to clean his urine off the goose.
Old 09-24-08, 02:12 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
CBS and ABC just started their new fall seasons Monday night and already we have a strong candidate for the new season's first cancellation: Worst Week, a CBS sitcom unwisely swiped from the BBC. Given a prime spot in the CBS lineup, right after Two And A Half Men, Worst Week squandered 28 percent of its inherited audience. That's the kind of thing that makes a network executive's blood run cold, or colder. Worst Week's worst week could be coming soon.
Old 09-24-08, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
The show held a very commendable 11m+ viewers, to Two and a Half Mens nearly 15m. Not really a surprise.

It is the weak spot in their nine to eleven though, as the horrendous (sorry, I have to be specific everytime I mention it) Two and a Half Men and even worse CSI Miami (Everytime I saw the spoofs in Forgetting Sarah Marshall about corny crime scene shows, this was the first to jump to mind) pulled around 15 and 17m viewers a piece. I think future weeks will determine if it stays or goes better than its commendable opening.

Last edited by RichC2; 09-24-08 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-24-08, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the premise of this show is terrible but I did chuckle out loud at two points.

One, the line "I left my wallet in my other diaper" cracked me up. I think it was the delivery or just the way he went with it, instead of explaining his predicament.

The other part that really made me laugh hard was when he was yelling in to the phone "YOUR DAD IS DEAD" and you could keep hearing the mother wail loudly in the background every time he yelled it. I was at her muffled wails.
Old 09-24-08, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Flipped on to this show and watched it for a while. Horrible.
Old 09-25-08, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched it for a bit then canceled my season pass. Appreciated the fact that there was no laugh track though.
Old 09-25-08, 12:16 PM

This was an extremely funny first episode. Thank God it didn't have a laugh track. It kind of reminded me of British sitcoms and their type of humor.

Those who didn't think it was funny I guess are use to the 90% of sitcoms that have been on the air for the last decade or so, which are not funny.

At least this is something different than the other CBS sitcoms.

Come on, the part where he brings the (dead) dad back in the house and the confrontation with the mother had me crying from laughing.

I for one, hope it keeps up this level of humor and doesn't become standard sitcom fare.

Chris
Old 09-25-08, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kilcher
I watched it for a bit then canceled my season pass. Appreciated the fact that there was no laugh track though.
It did have a laugh track, there was just nowhere to make it audible.
Old 09-29-08, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
meh show, but the "punch you in the face" line had me rofling... my wife and I say stuff like that to each other all of the time.....
ha ha, my wife and i do the same thing!

very forced situations, some not that funny. but i'll give it another episode.
Old 09-29-08, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You don't want that avacado to be too soggy. 'Cause then no one's gonna want to take a motherf**ing bite. But we're going to have a fun time... Like a U2 concert.

I have to agree. It feels a bit like a British sitcom. Very quiet and relaxed type of humor. Not for everyone, granted, but something that I feel is a welcome addition to the Monday night family. I just hope they are able to move a bit beyond the "future son-in-law" screws up on a regular basis.
Old 09-30-08, 11:02 AM

Come on people, the bird in his pocket moving around while his fiance's sister is breast feeding had me crying again last night.

Though, last nights episode wasn't as good as the first one.

Chris
Old 09-30-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I laughed at the bird in the pocket/erection misunderstanding as well. I guess I can see how they can extend this series, as it just seems like they are going day to day.
Old 09-30-08, 11:47 AM

Unfortunately, it looks like the ratings could kill this show. It only retained approx 65% of it's lead in audience.

So most everyone here will get their wish!

Chris
Old 09-30-08, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
I have to agree. It feels a bit like a British sitcom.
I'm 99% sure it's based on 'Worst Week of My Life' which was a British sitcom. I love British humor and thought the first episode was too stupid and too far out there. My British friend watched it and agreed with me that it was pretty lame. We are giving it last night's ep before we quit. Haven't watched it yet but will.
Old 09-30-08, 05:25 PM

I don't get all the hatred for this show. Okay, it's not sophisticated and it telegraphs the jokes a mile away (I knew it was the brother "breaking in" to the house), but I laugh at it the same way as I laugh at Michael on The Office. The slapstick humor arises from the awkward situations that the character constantly puts himself in. Oh, and how can you go wrong with having a commentator from Best Week Ever as a cast member (the future sister-in-law)!
Old 10-01-08, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Come on people, the bird in his pocket moving around while his fiance's sister is breast feeding had me crying again last night.

Though, last nights episode wasn't as good as the first one.

Chris
I actually disagree. I laughed harder at the second than the first. I felt like the show just clicked during this episode. "Hit its stride" if you will.

When he said the line of, "I punched it in the face and killed it", I was in tears. Absolutely hysterical. And the wife is really growing on me too. I like that she was part of the breast pump incident, too. Nice for him not to be alone!
Old 10-08-08, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
One less show to watch on my list.

Bornheimer is likable, but the supporting cast incl. Kurtwood Smith are wasted... the last two outings were horrendous, unfunny - the attack on a popular beloved children's figure at the mall was done better on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Old 10-08-08, 05:47 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
while hardly groundbreaking, I find myself enjoying this show... especially when tivo'd and I can blast through it in 20 minutes
Old 10-08-08, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like it. It makes me laugh a couple of times an episode (even though everything is extremely telegraphed), which is more than most sitcoms.
Old 10-09-08, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts
isnt the mother a mother on another show?
Earl?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.