Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"At The Movies" - news hosts announced

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-10, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: "At The Movies" - news hosts announced

My God, these two tools gave a "see it" to "New Moon" but on this week's show, barely gave a recommendation to "Inglorious Basterds" for new films on DVD. A.O. Scott said he's slowing warming up to the movie. But barely. And Michael Phillips said he only liked certain segments. Scott also gave a "see it" to the new Brendan Fraiser/Harrison Ford new film "Extraordinary Measures". I think I've seen enough.
Old 01-23-10, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
My God, these two tools gave a "see it" to "New Moon" but on this week's show, barely gave a recommendation to "Inglorious Basterds" for new films on DVD. A.O. Scott said he's slowing warming up to the movie. But barely. And Michael Phillips said he only liked certain segments. Scott also gave a "see it" to the new Brendan Fraiser/Harrison Ford new film "Extraordinary Measures". I think I've seen enough.
well it is just there opinion, I cant say I agree with New Moon, but I understand Inglorious Basterds, its a decent movie, the first 15 minutes are amazing, but the movie is a little overrated
Old 01-24-10, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I tend to agree more with Philips than Scott. That being said, I also feel same about IB as both of them. IB is a rather uneven and long film.
Old 01-24-10, 05:26 AM
Banned

I was just going to warn DVDTALK members about a movie these goofs recommended. i was going to open a thread on the movie. But here goes. As you know DD had a Criterion Collection 40% a few days ago so I bought the dvd GOMORRAH. This movie sucks!
I even lent the movie to a coworker who likes foreign films and he said the same thing.
It's a gangster film about 2 punk kids that find some of the mob's gun supplies.
That right there should have had an ending like THE KILLER or SCARFACE, but nothing even close.
The movie is a bore.
Old 01-24-10, 09:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wm lopez
I was just going to warn DVDTALK members about a movie these goofs recommended. i was going to open a thread on the movie. But here goes. As you know DD had a Criterion Collection 40% a few days ago so I bought the dvd GOMORRAH. This movie sucks!
I even lent the movie to a coworker who likes foreign films and he said the same thing.
It's a gangster film about 2 punk kids that find some of the mob's gun supplies.
That right there should have had an ending like THE KILLER or SCARFACE, but nothing even close.
The movie is a bore.
Yes, all the movies need to end like Scarface.

I'm not falling anymore for the resident troll. I'm sure wm lopez is playing us here with these obnoxious persona he has created for the forum.
Old 01-24-10, 11:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dx23
Yes, all the movies need to end like Scarface.

I'm not falling anymore for the resident troll. I'm sure wm lopez is playing us here with these obnoxious persona he has created for the forum.
In this gangster movie yes it should have end like SCARFACE.
Spoiler:
The 2 young punks are hired by the mob to go to a phony hit job . At this point in the movie they still have all these guns and one the guns launches bombs just like in SCARFACE. So the punks showup at this out door meeting and are shot dead by 4 mob men.
That's it no gun battle. End of movie.

Last edited by wm lopez; 01-24-10 at 11:17 PM.