Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

So You Think You Can Dance - "Top 18" (6/18-19/08)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which couple do you think deserves to be in the bottom three?
Susie Garcia & Marquis Cunningham
42.86%
Kourtni Lind & Matt Doram
21.43%
Chelsea Traille & Thayne Jasperson
7.14%
Chelsie Hightower & Mark Kanemura
0%
Kherington Payne & Twitch Boss
0%
Comfort Fedoke & Chris Jarosz
28.57%
Katee Shean & Joshua Allen
0%
Jessica King & William Wingfield
0%
Courtney Galiano & Gev Manoukian
0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

So You Think You Can Dance - "Top 18" (6/18-19/08)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-08, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am glad Susie was eliminated. She did not like she was at the level of the other dancers. She seemed more like a stripper than a real dancer.

I would have sent the last guy home (forget his name) over Marquis. I wonder if they just didn't want to split up the couples yet.

This is going to sound awful, but does anyone else think Marquis sort of looks like he is blind?
Old 06-20-08, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alert- if you want to experience Nigel's choreography, The Apple is on TCM tonight.
Old 06-20-08, 07:26 AM

Received 809 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
Bottom 3 SHOULD be:
Susie and Marquis
Comfort and Chris
Thayne and Chelsea.
You called it!
Old 06-20-08, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Chris reminds me of the guy from Little Miss Sunshine who hosted the kid's beauty pagent. He's got a weird stare and creepy smile. I don't much care for him. He does have the personality of a tree.

I'm thinking that Mia Micheals pushed hard to keep him since she really likes him. I would've kept Marquis over him.
Old 06-20-08, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I love how Nigel telling many dancers you didn't dance like you wanted so bad in the dance for your life routine yet Marquis did really well imo. Instead, Nigel said you're all tricks. WTF?
Old 06-20-08, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
You called it!
Ha, magiccmom called it first. Was just agreeing. I did think Kourtni-Matt and Jessica-Will were going to be in trouble.

Top 16 next week. Note that four couples haven't been in the bottom 3, I think those people will all make it to the top 10. I think Kourtni's the best of the bottom 4 girls and Will's the best of the bottom 4 boys.
Old 06-20-08, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i was just as shocked as marquis was about him getting voted off. i, too, thought chris should go...

btw, does anyone have a list of the songs played? i though the music was insane!!!
Old 06-20-08, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
This is a good source for checking up the music.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_You_...8_June_2008.29

I do hear a lot of folks saying Chris should have been gone. I think it's a given that Chris-Comfort will be in the bottom 3 next week and will be sent home.
Old 06-20-08, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 756 Likes on 492 Posts
Yeah, I was also underwhelmed with Chris' solo. I really didn't feel like he did all that much. And while Marquis may have done more tricks than "dance," you really felt like he completely left everything out there after he got done. Can't say the same thing for the last guy, who seemed to just run around a lot during his solo.

And can I just say how stupid I think it is when dancers run around during their routines? I'm not trying to diminish anyone's dancing talents or choreography when I say this, but they really look ridiculous when they do that run. And come on, we all know that run -- because they all do it the same way!
Old 06-20-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Happy with the eliminations mostly. Susie was terrible and Marquis just wasn't bringing it...however I think that Chris should have gone... he is brutal... also, I can't stand him because he looks just like that douchebag Stephen from Laguna Beach...they've got to be related.
http://www.celebrityroyale.com/wp-co...tti_092107.jpg
Old 06-20-08, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was pretty surprised about the eliminations. Marquis did a lot of tricks but I thought they were flawless, whereas I found Chris' solo pretty empty.

So if Matt every gets eliminated how in the world is 6 ft Kortni going to dance with some of those guys? Can you imagine her with Gev?
Old 06-20-08, 05:46 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
So Shane Sparks did the Chorrey, so he is stilll part of the show, ! woot
Old 06-20-08, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mnementh
Alert- if you want to experience Nigel's choreography, The Apple is on TCM tonight.
Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea Nigel worked on The Apple. I've seen it once before when first released on DVD, but its rarely on TV. Might have to stay up late tonite to catch this again.

Susie was my pick to go. Joshua is my personal favorite dancer.
Old 06-21-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Joshua is an excellent dancer, but for me, Twitch is a more entertaining dancer. My wife and I have been fans of his since the first time he auditioned. We were very excited to see him make it through this year.

Oh, and as for Mia's comments and backpedaling, that is a perfect example of why I can't stand her. She not only has issues with "pretty" girls, she also has issues with people who are upbeat and happy. I thought Nigel was spot on for putting her in her place, and her huffiness about respecting her "opinion" was just childish.
Old 06-21-08, 05:40 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Tyce Diorio is now a judge on another dance show Master of Dance hosted by Joey Lawrence. What is it with washed up 80s teen stars hosting dance shows

Seems like every dance show is trying to poach names from So you think you can dance
Old 06-23-08, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Tyce Diorio is now a judge on another dance show Master of Dance hosted by Joey Lawrence. What is it with washed up 80s teen stars hosting dance shows

Seems like every dance show is trying to poach names from So you think you can dance

Gosh, did you get a chance to see that show. I feel like Mia Michaels should be a judge over there with how biased they are.