Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica - Revelations

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-08, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mnementh
I found it strange that all the main characters were together in one location. And stranger that they'd assemble at a radioactive location.
Yeah and that they weren't really in a huge hurry to get out of there was also a bit odd to me. Who knows.
Old 06-21-08, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,655 Likes on 2,624 Posts
Has there been any article that mentioned the ratings for season 4? I recall reading that season 3 struggled on Sunday's with roughly 1.5M viewers.

Well, I thought it was a very good episode and I was quite surprised to see the destruction of earth and the disappointment of everyone's faces.

A 6 month wait until the back 12 is nothing compared to the 20+ month wait for 24.
Old 06-21-08, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by necros
Ever since they first introduced the "final 4" I never once and still don't believe that they're cylons at all.

Back in the original series there were these angel type light people that helped guide the fleet to earth... I'm thinking thats what these final 4 are... like a 3rd race ... and the real final 5 are yet to be revealed.

The whole thing popped in my head more because I saw moore in an interview saying something like "These are who we're calling the final 4".. I think it was that What the frack is up with BSG special...
i think moore said that they are really cylons
Old 06-23-08, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FWIW, I doubt very much that they're on Earth.

You notice how the orbital shots of the planet had a LOT of cloud cover? You couldn't make out any of the continents. I highly doubt this is by accident.

Also, isn't there a prophecy that Roslin will never make it to Earth?

When I saw the bridge shot, I immediately thought of the Brooklyn bridge too. But I believe that's what the writers wanted you to think -- it's a big red herring. This planet is just another stop along the way methinks. But wherever they are, they're close to Earth. As we saw a few eps ago, the constellations are right.
Old 06-23-08, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts
So, there are 12 colonies. Earth is the 13th colony. Colonies of what? Have they ever mentioned the original planet the humans that settled the 13 colonies came from? Just wondering, if this isn't Earth, is it the original home of the humans.
Old 06-23-08, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 242 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Flave
FWIW, I doubt very much that they're on Earth.

You notice how the orbital shots of the planet had a LOT of cloud cover? You couldn't make out any of the continents. I highly doubt this is by accident.

Also, isn't there a prophecy that Roslin will never make it to Earth?

When I saw the bridge shot, I immediately thought of the Brooklyn bridge too. But I believe that's what the writers wanted you to think -- it's a big red herring. This planet is just another stop along the way methinks. But wherever they are, they're close to Earth. As we saw a few eps ago, the constellations are right.
Oh no, it's Terra! Bring on the Eastern Alliance! Is Randolph Mantooth still alive?

With only 12 episodes left, I hope they're not going to screw around trying to reinvent that lame storyline.
Old 06-23-08, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rw2516
So, there are 12 colonies. Earth is the 13th colony. Colonies of what? Have they ever mentioned the original planet the humans that settled the 13 colonies came from? Just wondering, if this isn't Earth, is it the original home of the humans.
wasn't that cobol?
Old 06-23-08, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dan30oly
wasn't that cobol?
Sorry, I'm too geeky to let this go. More offense to me than you

CobolKobol
Old 06-23-08, 11:05 PM

Nuclear winter?

Last edited by bee_01; 06-23-08 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-24-08, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great article about last episode.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....star-ga-1.html
Old 06-24-08, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bee_01
Well, they didn't look very cold. Also, if a nuclear winter was in effect, everything would still be quite radioactive and they're all fried.

But, now that I think about it, maybe you're right. That geiger-counter device scanning the soil after they landed was clicking pretty fast so the planet probably is radioactive.
Old 06-24-08, 02:52 PM
Banned

Well, they didn't look very cold.
Maybe it was Nuclear Summer.

Spoiler:

Wow, that's a real thing? I was just being a smart ass
Old 06-24-08, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Has there been any article that mentioned the ratings for season 4? I recall reading that season 3 struggled on Sunday's with roughly 1.5M viewers.
Be interesting to see since it was on Fridays. win new Doctor Who programming.

Originally Posted by al_bundy
i think moore said that they are really cylons
But what genuinely separates Cylon from human except that the are manufactured? I mean they are just that now that their lives are technically "organic" and finite right?
Old 07-01-08, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Caught up? Yes

Confused? Yes

Overwhelmed. Not so much.

Some co-workers told me that the season picked up and after the mid-season finale there were still a lot of questions that needed to be answered. I guess that was enough to get my hopes up. I certainly didn't think this was as rewarding or shocking as: Adam getting shot, the jump to the future or the cylon fleet landing on New Earth. Also throw me into the camp that felt this episode was rushed. There was 5 minutes left and I kept looking at the counter every 10 seconds thinking, "Okay, what's the big shocker that's going to stop them?", followed by, "This must be it, they won't go down. Come to think of it I thought I read this could act as a seudo finale."

I do agree that a lot of the questions left remaining are interesting, and I'll be happy to see how they play out. However, this show isn't grabbing me (not sure it ever has) as much as Lost. I certainly don't have the answers for either show, but I still feel that I at least have a clue on where Lost is going. I can't say the same for BSG and frankly that should excite me. I doesn't.
Old 07-15-09, 10:57 AM

Re: Battlestar Galactica - Revelations

I've been watching this series on dvd. So I've only seen through first 10 eps of season 4. For those who thought "Revelations" was anti-climactic and maybe a bit lame, how satisfying was the remainder of the series for you? Just curious. No spoilers please.
Old 07-16-09, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by taa455
I've been watching this series on dvd. So I've only seen through first 10 eps of season 4. For those who thought "Revelations" was anti-climactic and maybe a bit lame, how satisfying was the remainder of the series for you? Just curious. No spoilers please.
I watched the show from beginning to end. Loved Seasons 1 & 2. Season 3 was okay. Season 4 bored me, and I hated how they wrapped things up. It's got me wondering if I really want to spend $200+ on the BD set when it comes out this month.
Old 07-16-09, 10:12 PM

As far as I'm concerned, this show is amazing. Probably one of the best stories i've ever come across. I thought it was especially good.
Old 07-16-09, 10:20 PM

I enjoyed the season finale, but still felt a little disappointed in the way some things were wrapped up or in some cases left unfinished.

At least it wasn't Galactica 1980 all over again.
Old 07-17-09, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by DaveCole
I enjoyed the season finale, but still felt a little disappointed in the way some things were wrapped up or in some cases left unfinished.
Maybe the DVD version will change your mind a bit. A recent review said that all three parts of "Daybreak" have been edited together, along with an extra 30 minutes of more footage that were cut for time; that sucker is going to run well over three hours.

So, essentially, the DVD will have Moore's complete vision of what his finale was on paper. He's already stated that "Daybreak Part I" was not intended to be split from "Daybreak Parts 2 & 3," and I've always thought the finale would have been better received if it had aired as one long piece.