Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica - Revelations

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-08, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe the fifth Cylon is Kara's mysterious Viper!

No, that would be a stupid twist, and M. Night Shyamalan isn't producing "Galactica."
Old 06-16-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Maybe the fifth Cylon is Kara's mysterious Viper!

No, that would be a stupid twist, and M. Night Shyamalan isn't producing "Galactica."
"What a twist!"
Old 06-16-08, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
How about: 5th cylon is baby Hera? (I suppose toddler-Hera now. No longer a unique hybrid, they've still got some explaining to do about why she matters at all, with the healing blood and the temple visions, etc.)
Old 06-16-08, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read someone's theory (can't remember if it was here or elsewhere so I apologize if it was covered here already and for not giving credit to the specific poster) about who the 5th is:
Tigh and the 6's unborn child. Humans are imperfect, Cylons are imperfect. What if their child (the first pure cylon born via conception) is some sort of perfect being "savior" and is the one to lead them to salvation? Even if it turns out not to be true, seems like a cool theory.

Also, what if the people of Earth didn't nuke each other, what if the other cylons somehow found it first and did it? Far fetched I know but just throwing it out there.

Last edited by Cardiff Giant11; 06-16-08 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-16-08, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by al_bundy
there are bits in the Bible that suggest that Lucifer isn't evil and just doesn't agree with God all the time. With all the Biblical connections i'm guessing the Final 5 are like the fallen angels who were expelled from Heaven.

the attack on the colonies is the expulsion from Eden, the apple was the making of the cyclon by making new life and coming to Earth is when it says in Genesis that Adam had to till the hard earth and so forth after settling down with Eve.
I mentioned that I thought the Cylons were angels (good and bad) over six weeks ago.
Old 06-17-08, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 256 Likes on 179 Posts
I'm thinking Earth is the original home of the twelve colonies. That destruction looks pretty old, a few thousand years anyway. Given how long the colonies have been established, the show may take place at least 10,000 years in the future according to our calendar. I don't think the show is going to throw actual Earth history to the wayside. If there was a temple on Earth, the religion of the colonies may have been born on Earth in the future before the destruction. The destruction would also have to be far enough into the future for us to develop the technology to travel and settle other planets. Maybe the colonists were forced to leave because of their religion. Or maybe it was a mass EXODUS from Earth. I wouldn't be suprised if an "exodus" fits into the picture. However, the fleeing of the colonies to find Earth could be considered an exodus also. Adama a kind of Moses.
If the colonies were settled by humans from Earth, and if there was a thirteenth colony, it is still out there.
The talk of Tigh being a different model of cylon, not seen before, because of the aging and balding, could he be an ancient cylon? One of the first? Maybe the final cylon was the very first cylon. Maybe he/she is thousands of years old, from Earth before the apocalypse. Maybe all five are that old.
The colonies' religion could be the story of humans leaving Earth to found the 12(or 13) colonies.
Has it been said why the cyclons were created in the first place. Slaves? After nearly nuking themselves into extinction, could humans have created cylons for the purpose of a common threat to unite behind, so they don't turn against each other and repeat what almost happened to the human race on Earth. Did it backfire and the cylons nearly accomplished what the humans were trying to prevent by creating them in the first place.
Just ideas pinballing around in my head after the last episode. Probably all wrong.
Old 06-17-08, 11:24 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Still wondering if this is the real earth and there are no inhabitants, why is Kara's Viper brand new and able to give coordinates to earth? Why does she have no recollection of the earth which you would have think she landed on, looking post nuclear apocalypse?

Also, there is the issue of the lost 2 months Kara can't account for when she was missing. What is the time loss significance? Did she possibly visit earth in the past (relative to the present day that everyone is in at the end of the episode), or perhaps even the far future?

The last 12 episodes will be interesting....

Thos.
Old 06-17-08, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope we haven't put more thought into this than the show-runners have.
Old 06-17-08, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Didn't Kara give a description of Earth when she came back? She said it was green and covered with water. I'm guessing this one isn't the real Earth.
Old 06-17-08, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i think it is

in the 15 second promo you see them ripping the old religious books and a big bonfire. my guess is they lose the old faith and burn it away and then try to figure out what happened.

Moore's last blog post is from last year and he loved the Soprano's ending. To me this means he won't take the easy path and make BSG a copy where the ending answers everything and cleans everything up. or does what ST used to do and use time travel to fix everything
Old 06-17-08, 12:02 PM

I don't know if I said this here, but with the reveal of the final four Cyclons, I have always thought that ship, Battlestar Galactica, is the last Cyclon. Heed my words!
Old 06-17-08, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,927 Posts
"All of this has happened before, and it will happen again."

Some time, in Earth's future, we create robotic servants: Cylons. The Cylons turn against us, and wipe us out.

The Cylons then leave Earth and establish twelve colonies. They forget they are Cylons and believe themselves to be humans. As time passes, they end up creating their own Cylons, who then turn on them as they once turned on their creators. (Note that they are unable to make an effective Cylon detector. Why? Because they're ALL Cylons.)

The "final five" Cylons -- Tigh, Tory, Sam, and Tyrol -- are actually four of the original Cylons who were created on Earth by humans. (Note the implied connection between the "final five" and Earth on the series.)

I also suspect that the offspring of the "humans" and "Cylons" (Hera, Nicholas, and maybe Tigh and Six's child) are the beginning of a new "human" race. And that a number of the characters currently on the series might end up being that human race's version of the "finale five." I would guess it would be some combination of Helo, Bill Adama, Apollo, Starbuck, Baltar, Dee, and Felix. Whoever survives the series.

So maybe the planet they've found is really Earth, after they destroyed it thousands of years ago.

Or maybe it's another world ("Terra"?), where Cylons wiped out their creators and abandoned it for a place called "Earth." Which would mean that we're all just somebody else's Cylons.

At this point, I think the latter is more likely since all signs on the series indicate that that isn't Earth. No identifiable continents from space. Roslin is still alive. The Fifth Cylon is supposed to lead them to Earth. (Maybe the Fifth Cylon is on "Terra" and will then take them to Earth and reveal all of these secrets?)

Remember -- "All of this has happened before, and it will happen again."
Old 06-17-08, 01:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ThePrimeDreamer
I don't know if I said this here, but with the reveal of the final four Cyclons, I have always thought that ship, Battlestar Galactica, is the last Cyclon. Heed my words!
That would have been hard to hide underneath a cloak in that temple that Diana visited.
Old 06-17-08, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Which would mean that we're all just somebody else's Cylons.
Old 06-17-08, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
This is worse than being Rick Roll'ed.
Old 06-17-08, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh boy. Is this what the theories have already devolved to less than 4 days after the episode has aired? It is going to be a LONG ASS wait for these back 12.
Old 06-17-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
This is worse than being Rick Roll'ed.
You, sir, are quite welcome.
Old 06-17-08, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Noah Hathaway's actually a really cool guy. It's a shame his acting career is limited to Atreyu and Boxey. That's tough to live down.

das
Old 06-18-08, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't get all the doom and gloom from the cast. They found a less suitable planet a few seasons ago and were acting like they won the lottery. Now this Earth, while a bit fucked up, is probably in better shape. Even if Miami is blown to smitherins, the temperature should still be good. If they did land in NY, maybe it's just on a nasty fall day? Unless it's a nuclear winter type deal or something.

I get why people still enjoy this show, but I'm finding I care less and less about this show as each episode ends. If it weren't ending soon I would drop it, but I've come this far...I'm still curious enough to see how it plays out.

As a mid season finale, I found this to be really anti-climactic.
Old 06-18-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
New Caprica's soil didn't set off geiger counters though
Old 06-18-08, 10:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikehunt
New Caprica's soil didn't set off geiger counters though
Whether Earth's would depends on the amount of time since the blasts.
Old 06-18-08, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I don't get all the doom and gloom from the cast. They found a less suitable planet a few seasons ago and were acting like they won the lottery. Now this Earth, while a bit fucked up, is probably in better shape. Even if Miami is blown to smitherins, the temperature should still be good. If they did land in NY, maybe it's just on a nasty fall day? Unless it's a nuclear winter type deal or something.
The Geiger Counter going off when they landed and the scenes of everything destroyed makes it pretty clear that the planet was nuked and still has high levels of radioactive fallout. Not exactly what I'd call hospitable.
Old 06-20-08, 03:44 PM
Suspended

Ever since they first introduced the "final 4" I never once and still don't believe that they're cylons at all.

Back in the original series there were these angel type light people that helped guide the fleet to earth... I'm thinking thats what these final 4 are... like a 3rd race ... and the real final 5 are yet to be revealed.

The whole thing popped in my head more because I saw moore in an interview saying something like "These are who we're calling the final 4".. I think it was that What the frack is up with BSG special...
Old 06-20-08, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
The Geiger Counter going off when they landed and the scenes of everything destroyed makes it pretty clear that the planet was nuked and still has high levels of radioactive fallout. Not exactly what I'd call hospitable.
I found it strange that all the main characters were together in one location. And stranger that they'd assemble at a radioactive location.
Old 06-20-08, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why isnt this episode viewable at scifi.com?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.