Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

C.S.I. **Season Finale** - "For Gedda" -- May 15, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-08, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
So does this move DNA girl up into the field?
I'd LOVE to see Liz Vassey get a permanent spot as a CSI.
Old 05-19-08, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vipper II
Based on the show's consistently strong ratings, I don't think Bruck should be in any hurry to get new writers. And, save for Holly Gribbs, who wasn't even really a main character, Warrick was the only one in CSI's eight-season run time to go out this way.
I think the OP was referring to characters going out in gunfire in the entire CSI universe.

CSI: LV - Holly Gribbs and Warrick Brown
CSI: Miami - Tim Speedle and almost Eric Delko
CSI: NY - Aiden Burn

-jason
Old 05-19-08, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Well I was shocked to see him shot dead

I didn't know he was going to leave the show - so I was caught off guard.

I knew something was going to happen as soon as the under sheriff taped on his window and the car was parked in an alley.
Old 05-19-08, 11:18 AM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzbox
I think the OP was referring to characters going out in gunfire in the entire CSI universe.

Aiden didn't go out via gunfire, but I understand the point.
Old 05-19-08, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Well I was shocked to see him shot dead
There's always a chance that Nick finds him right away and Warrick spends a season in a coma.

Of course, after tempting us with an episode where we thought for sure that Sara was going to die of a heat stroke out in the desert (not to mention the "Nick in a coffin" show), it would seem silly if yet another CSI survived a near-death event.
Old 05-19-08, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You all seem to be forgetting that Gary Dourdan was charged with 3 felonies for drug possession.

He may not be available for a cameo!

Chris
Old 05-19-08, 01:58 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
There's always a chance that Nick finds him right away and Warrick spends a season in a coma. .
I hope not - you would think that at least 2 shots - one to the head at point blank range by a veteran cop would leave a man dead.
Old 05-19-08, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
You all seem to be forgetting that Gary Dourdan was charged with 3 felonies for drug possession.

He may not be available for a cameo!

Chris
First time...Hollywood star...he'll get probation. Assuming he gets Robert Downey, Jr.'s legal team.
Old 05-19-08, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's always a chance that Nick finds him right away and Warrick spends a season in a coma.
Anything is possible, but wow, would that be pushing it. He was shot twice in the spinal cord area and head at point-blank range by an expert marksman. Survival has to be less than 2%. I realize that Bruckheimer may want to keep the door open for Dourdan's recovery and possible return, but the odds just aren't in favor of that.
Old 05-19-08, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzbox

CSI: LV - Holly Gribbs and Warrick Brown
CSI: Miami - Tim Speedle and almost Eric Delko

-jason
My bad. Should have been more specific, you are right about what I meant.

But the trend is not just CSI. It seems a lot of other dramatic shows are taking the tack of just killing a character rather than let them walk away.

I suspect though the trend has more to do with "politics" than story, and is really about the way producers have of treating an actor who wants to leave. I'm pretty sure most actors would prefer not to "burn bridges," so to speak.

As for Warrick being dead, I guess we won't know for certain until the next season starts... or if someone reveals it before then.

To be honest, story and plot-wise, I thought it was a really stupid thing for them to have the UnderSheriff to do. This guy has been pretty clever up till now. If he was concerned that Warrick wouldn't give up trying to find out who framed him, what does he think Grissom is going to do. Before Warrick is let out of jail, they know there is a high ranking mole in the LVPD.

And, FWIW, for more ammunition that I think killing characters is an overused cliche in the CSI universe.
Spoiler:
It has already been revealed in a TV Guide interview of David Curuso what is going to happen to Horatio Caine by the series end of CSI: Miami.
Old 05-19-08, 11:39 PM

^^Regarding Jon2's spoiler ^^

Does that mean tonight's Miami was the series finale and not the season finale?

Old 05-20-08, 04:50 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
I always thought they should have setup a long standing serial killer storyline, something like the miniature killer, but started way back in S1... about an elusive serial killer that they simply were never able to catch.... dedicate 1-2 episodes a season to this particular storyline... always set it up to be the CSI teams "great white whale"... then for CSI's big finale, you find out that it was Grissom!!! Of course fans of the show would probably throw a shitfit, but if it was done right, it would have been the best finale in TV history. but alas... a pipe dream.
Old 05-20-08, 08:54 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
they've done a few serial killer runs (the bathtub guy, the blue paint killer) that have spanned a few seasons. but nothing that's gone the entire run.
Old 05-20-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by Jon2
If he was concerned that Warrick wouldn't give up trying to find out who framed him, what does he think Grissom is going to do.
I was thinking the same thing. By killing Warrick, now he's got like 5 people (Warrick's friends) who will work hard to find the killer. If he had let Warrick alone, he could've just played it by ear because I hightly doubt Grissom and his team would've been pursuing to find the mole as vigorously but with Warrick's murder...
Old 05-20-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Burgundy LaRue
Anything is possible, but wow, would that be pushing it. He was shot twice in the spinal cord area and head at point-blank range by an expert marksman. Survival has to be less than 2%. I realize that Bruckheimer may want to keep the door open for Dourdan's recovery and possible return, but the odds just aren't in favor of that.
Well there's always the chance that next year's season finale will have Catherine waking up and seeing Warrick in the shower.
Old 05-20-08, 01:56 PM

Well there's always the chance that next year's season finale will have Catherine waking up and seeing Warrick in the shower.
Ha! In that case, Warrick had better have some water skis strapped on and the shark repellent ready.

By killing Warrick, now he's got like 5 people (Warrick's friends) who will work hard to find the killer.
Exactly. And the undersheriff has to realize that if anyone can connect the dots back to him, it's Grissom.
Old 05-20-08, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I haven't watched CSI for a couple of seasons save a few episodes, but I did enjoy this episode. Between this storyline and Jorja Fox being gone, and hopefully Liz Vassey getting bumped up to a series regular, I might have to tune back in next season. I'll probably try to catch some of this season's episodes over the summer in reruns as well.

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
I was thinking the same thing. By killing Warrick, now he's got like 5 people (Warrick's friends) who will work hard to find the killer. If he had let Warrick alone, he could've just played it by ear because I hightly doubt Grissom and his team would've been pursuing to find the mole as vigorously but with Warrick's murder...

That was the one problem I had. I didn't know if Warrick had some extra knowledge about this mole that his best friends didn't because, otherwise, killing Warrick doesn't make much sense.

Did they ever hook up? When I stopped watching a few seasons ago, it looked like they were on that road.
Old 05-20-08, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They squashed the Warrick-Catherine thang by marrying off Warrick in the off-season a few years ago.
Old 05-21-08, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I caught this last season and I thought it was a really solid season finale.

Again, as some of you have mentioned, I think Warrick is as good as dead. They cannot do three straight near-death season finales with Brass getting shot, Sara being left for dead by the minature killer and now Warrick.

I think Gary Dourdan will probably do at least a guest spot for the season premiere either as a corpse or in a hospital bed ready to die.
Old 05-24-08, 05:48 PM

It's actually been 4 straight season finales:

5th: Nick (buried alive)
6th: Brass (shot)
7th: Sara (Miniature Killer)
8th: Warrick (shot)
Old 05-25-08, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not sure but that could be due to the fact they need to grab the viewer's attention since it started competing against Grey's Anatomy. Can't recall when GA moved to Thursdays, though but it has been at least 3 years I think.
Old 05-25-08, 03:24 AM

Jorja Fox will be in the season premiere.

We all know what that means :

Spoiler:
showing up for Warrick's funeral no doubt.
Old 05-25-08, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Jorja Fox will be in the season premiere.

We all know what that means :

Spoiler:
showing up for Warrick's funeral no doubt.
That makes sense. It would seem odd for her not to be there, at least they didn't just have her send flowers and one of the CSIs reads the card that its from Sara, lol.
Old 05-25-08, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by nateman
It wouldn't surprise me if she just had some appearances in flashbacks or something. I suspect Grissom would have something to say to her if she came back.
This was reported on the TV Guide site that she is guest starring in the premiere, not appearing through archival stuff.
Old 05-26-08, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nateman
I really thought they might've threw a curveball and made Grissom the miniature serial killer.

They didn't, but it would've been neat. I see what you mean on doing a huge storyline that goes on throughout the whole shows run. Not the best example, but kind of do a Steve McGarrett-Wo Fat type thing where during the shows run McGarrett would chase him.
Last year, when the CSI's determined the miniature killer had spent time in a foster home, someone here at DVDTalk pointed out that early in the show's run it was mentioned that Sarah had been in a foster home at one point. I thought it would have been kind of cool if they had made her the killer (obviously this was before the episodes were the MK was revealed), and that these murders were her twisted way of showing her love for Grissom. She sees he's "burning out", so she gives him the biggest mystery/case of his career to re-energize him.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.