DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   C.S.I. **Season Finale** - "For Gedda" -- May 15, 2008 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/531649-c-s-i-%2A%2Aseason-finale%2A%2A-gedda-may-15-2008-a.html)

bigsoos 05-15-08 11:35 PM

C.S.I. **Season Finale** - "For Gedda" -- May 15, 2008

Surprised no there were no threads on this yet. Loved the season finale.

Spoiler:
We all knew that Gary Dourdan was leaving after this season, what a way to go out there. Had a bad feeling once I saw the Under Sheriff tapping at Warrick's window.

TheMovieman 05-16-08 12:02 AM

Pretty good. The entire episode did seem rushed, though I understand why...

But in this shorten season of CSI, probably the best episode and a great finale.

shanester 05-16-08 06:05 AM

I guess there's NO chance of Warrick ever come back :lol:

abanytime 05-16-08 07:53 AM

As the undersheriff kept talking at Warrick's window I figured he must be the rat, but I have to say I wasn't expecting what followed.

Good episode, it was nice to Jay Karnes on the show. I hope he gets more work.

TheMovieman 05-16-08 09:11 AM

When they mentioned the rat earlier, I suspected the undersheriff.

Thing is, plotwise, he kills Warrick because Warrick won't give up finding the mole. Um... by killing Warrick won't his friends work hard at finding the rat now? So he kills one person only to have 4 others hunt him down?

Well, at least they'll have a season-long story next year that could be interesting.

Burgundy LaRue 05-16-08 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Pretty good. The entire episode did seem rushed, though I understand why...

I was thinking the same thing. I kept looking at my clock and thought they're going to have at least 5 minutes left. What are they going to do? And then I figured it out. Not to mention that Warrick took his demotion far too well. After that, his demise was written in stone. It gives S9 a strong story to work with, however.

One thing bugged me about the ep: why did Warrick park in that empty alley? I know WHY in the story's arc, but didn't the diner have a parking lot? Why would a guy who's just been cleared of killing a high-level mobster park in such a secluded area? That didn't make much sense. But a good episode, nonetheless.

kvrdave 05-16-08 01:09 PM

Agree on it feeling rushed. Agree that I thought it was obvious that it was the undersheriff But, it could make for some interesting stuff next year.

TheMovieman 05-16-08 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by kvrdave
Agree on it feeling rushed. Agree that I thought it was obvious that it was the undersheriff But, it could make for some interesting stuff next year.

And that's something this series really needs.

They've got some casting to do, though. Read in TV Guide that they almost cast Katee Sackhoff but Bruckheimer overruled them because he wasn't impressed with the audition tape.

So, you've got the replacement for Warrick, Sara and for a few (6, I believe) episodes Grissom.

Nick Martin 05-16-08 02:05 PM

"The L Word" actress Lauren Lee Smith has been cast in the role Sackhoff was up for. They apparently gave up on a Warrick replacement for the time being.

The producers made it clear that Warrick would make appearances here and there, and while he was shot twice, there's still a chance he'll make it long enough to be in at least the season 9 premiere. So he's not dead....yet.

girlnextdoor 05-16-08 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
"
The producers made it clear that Warrick would make appearances here and there, and while he was shot twice, there's still a chance he'll make it long enough to be in at least the season 9 premiere. So he's not dead....yet.

I thought the same thing, he is not dead yet, but will start out in the beginning of the next season. Maybe not though.

Jon2 05-16-08 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by bigsoos
Surprised no there were no threads on this yet. Loved the season finale.

Spoiler:
We all knew that Gary Dourdan was leaving after this season, what a way to go out there. Had a bad feeling once I saw the Under Sheriff tapping at Warrick's window.

About the spoiler info... I had never heard that.

I have to say that this way they (producers) have of handling cast changes has really become a cliche, especially on the CSI shows.

Wouldn't it be more realistic (regardless of the series) if a character just moved on... like people do in real life.. without getting killed, raped, suffering some sort of mental collapse, etc., when they leave a job or relationship?

Bruckheimer needs some new writers.

IdgIe49 05-16-08 05:18 PM

"The L Word" actress Lauren Lee Smith has been cast in the role Sackhoff was up for. They apparently gave up on a Warrick replacement for the time being.

awww the Sous Chef who hooked up with Dana :D :)

TGM 05-16-08 08:15 PM

Dutch! The fuckin' Dutchman! Get him to join the cast! ohhowImissTheShield.

mikehunt 05-16-08 08:32 PM

his hair went really gray

Vipper II 05-16-08 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jon2

Based on the show's consistently strong ratings, I don't think Bruck should be in any hurry to get new writers. And, save for Holly Gribbs, who wasn't even really a main character, Warrick was the only one in CSI's eight-season run time to go out this way.

TheMovieman 05-17-08 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jon2
About the spoiler info... I had never heard that.

I have to say that this way they (producers) have of handling cast changes has really become a cliche, especially on the CSI shows.

Wouldn't it be more realistic (regardless of the series) if a character just moved on... like people do in real life.. without getting killed, raped, suffering some sort of mental collapse, etc., when they leave a job or relationship?

Um, didn't Sara (Jorja Fox) do that? Her last shot was in a taxi (presumably) leaving town...

Nick Martin 05-17-08 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Um, didn't Sara (Jorja Fox) do that? Her last shot was in a taxi (presumably) leaving town...

Yes, after suffering a breakdown as Jon2 mentioned.

Vipper II 05-17-08 11:59 AM

Yes, after suffering a breakdown as Jon2 mentioned.

But a breakdown, especially for CSIs, is pretty damn plausible.

Nick Martin 05-17-08 03:07 PM

I know, but it does prove Jon2's point about never having someone leave the show for a positive reason like 'trying other things' or retiring, or anything that isn't overly dramatic.

When Grissom left to take that temporary teaching position, he was feeling burned out - a dramatic reason. However, it would be easy to have him just say, 'I'm leaving Vegas to teach this course for a time. I realize how much I miss it and I don't want to lose this opportunity'

Vipper II 05-17-08 09:02 PM

I know, but it does prove Jon2's point about never having someone leave the show for a positive reason like 'trying other things' or retiring, or anything that isn't overly dramatic.

When Grissom left to take that temporary teaching position, he was feeling burned out - a dramatic reason. However, it would be easy to have him just say, 'I'm leaving Vegas to teach this course for a time. I realize how much I miss it and I don't want to lose this opportunity'

But again, if you think about it, only two people in the cast have "left" the show in its eight seasons on the air. Perhaps if the turnaround were more like that of Law & Order, the "argument" would have a little more merit.

DarkestPhoenix 05-17-08 09:06 PM

Wasn't her last name Baudit?

Shouldn't the title read, "For Gedda Baudit?"

Nick Martin 05-17-08 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
Wasn't her last name Baudit?

Shouldn't the title read, "For Gedda Baudit?"

Her?

The name refers to the mobster, whose name is Lou Gedda.

Originally Posted by Vipper II
But again, if you think about it, only two people in the cast have "left" the show in its eight seasons on the air. Perhaps if the turnaround were more like that of Law & Order, the "argument" would have a little more merit.

I wasn't in agreement, I just understood the point. I completely disagree about the idea that the show needs new writers to come up with something more creative. Matter of fact, it seems as though every single time CSI has done something unique or unconventional to break up the formula, there are complaints abound about how they (the viewers) want the same old-same old, despite complaining that they want something new. Guess the writers are damned either way.

DarkestPhoenix 05-18-08 08:31 AM

Her?

The name refers to the mobster, whose name is Lou Gedda.

:lol:

Read it again...let me know if it's too 'out there'...hahaa....

Big Boy Laroux 05-18-08 10:34 AM

This is definitely shaping up for a pretty good season next year.

I actually like Warrick. Sad to see him go. But it was PAINFULLY obvious something was going to happen when everyone was so happy and lovey-dovey in the diner. I was expecting him to be shot as soon as he left the building. But what a twist with the undersherriff (who has always had something kind of sneaky about his personality).

So does this move DNA girl up into the field?

Nick Martin 05-18-08 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
:lol:

Read it again...let me know if it's too 'out there'...hahaa....

Oh I get it. It's not funny because it doesn't make sense for the episode, but I get it.