Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

30 Rock -- "Cooter" -- 5/8/2008

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-08, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How sad the finale is already here, but it was a great episode.

All the "3 months later" gags were hilarious, especially the gay bomb.
Old 05-09-08, 03:10 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
By the way, any Mandarin speakers about who want to translate the last few lines of dialogue?
Old 05-09-08, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Alec Vows No More Mean Voice Mails

Alec Baldwin
Gina Serpe, eonline
1 day ago

Say what you want about Alec Baldwin, but the man clearly learns from his (very public) mistakes. Sort of.

"If you go through the things I have gone through with the media, like this thing with my daughter, there's only one thing that comes to mind initially: That is how my daughter must have felt to have this played out in public," he tells 60 Minutes of that voice mail in an interview to air Sunday.

"The second thing I realize is, you can pretty much bet all you own that I would never leave another voice-mail message for my daughter that wasn't just like something out of a Rogers and Hammerstein score."

But while the 30 Rock star may refrain from calling his daughter a "thoughtless little pig" on a recorded medium again, he, much to the enjoyment of the public, apparently won't be exercising similar restraint with regard to those on his ex-wife's payroll.

When asked by Morley Safer whether it was appropriate to call Kim Basinger's divorce lawyer "a 300-pound homunculus with a face like a clenched fist," Baldwin replies, "I was being kind, Morley."

Jack Donaghy couldn't have said it better himself.
Old 05-09-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
My favorite moment: Dennis takes a moment to break the fourth wall and smirks at the camera.

That had me on the floor!

Many many great lines and we got lotsa "Jenna" being "Jenna" and we even got some "CC".
Old 05-09-08, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Brilliant episode. The single best comedy on TV ... period.
Old 05-09-08, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's official for me...Tina Fey gets more and more attractive as the episodes go by!
Old 05-09-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Da Thrilla
It's official for me...Tina Fey gets more and more attractive as the episodes go by!
I think Tina Fey is hot too, but sometimes HD is not her friend.
Old 05-10-08, 01:41 PM

Has the gay bomb been referenced before in this or any other show? It seemed really familiar, and I'm hoping it's not from some crazy mixed up dream I had.
Old 05-10-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by Tanaraq
Has the gay bomb been referenced before in this or any other show? It seemed really familiar, and I'm hoping it's not from some crazy mixed up dream I had.
It was an actual military proposal!
Old 05-10-08, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's probably my own bias, but I don't think the homeland security stuff worked very well until the payoff at the end with the "gay bomb", which was great.

Speaking of which, I think the "gay bomb" proposal has gotten a bum rap. First of all, it wasn't designed to make a bomb that would "turn soldier's gay". The idea was to make a powerful aphrodisiac. On so strong that it could produce homosexual behavior in single-sex units. As someone who grew up, at least from ages 13-15, hearing the wonders of Funky Cold Medina and Spanish Fly, only to later learn the cruel truth of the world, I can think of nothing I would rather have the DOD spend my tax dollars on.
Old 05-10-08, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
By the way, any Mandarin speakers about who want to translate the last few lines of dialogue?
Literal translation would be, "Really didn't think of it." "Who'd have thought" would work as well.
Old 05-10-08, 08:31 PM

I thought the way Kenneth said "XXIX" when talking about the XXIX Olympics was hilarious.
Old 05-10-08, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"Cooter..."

"That's not my name. My name is James Riley. 'Cooter Burger'? What do you think I am, a cartoon dog? The president named me that."

"He gave you two nicknames?"

"'Cooter' because I look like a turtle. And 'Burger' because he saw me eating a hamburger—one time! ...Wasn't even a hamburger. It was a sandwich."

Old 05-11-08, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by wmansir
It's probably my own bias, but I don't think the homeland security stuff worked very well until the payoff at the end with the "gay bomb", which was great.

Speaking of which, I think the "gay bomb" proposal has gotten a bum rap. First of all, it wasn't designed to make a bomb that would "turn soldier's gay". The idea was to make a powerful aphrodisiac. On so strong that it could produce homosexual behavior in single-sex units. As someone who grew up, at least from ages 13-15, hearing the wonders of Funky Cold Medina and Spanish Fly, only to later learn the cruel truth of the world, I can think of nothing I would rather have the DOD spend my tax dollars on.
That doesn't make it any less fucking ridiculous
Old 05-12-08, 09:51 AM
Suspended

"Its time for my freedom search"
Old 05-12-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
When asked by Morley Safer whether it was appropriate to call Kim Basinger's divorce lawyer "a 300-pound homunculus with a face like a clenched fist," Baldwin replies, "I was being kind, Morley."
Old 05-13-08, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hilarious episode. This show continues to be my favorite comedy.