Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Office - "Job Fair" (5/8, 9:00/8:00c)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-08-08, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"JOB FAIR"
9/8c TV-PG

Spoiler:
Jim (John Krasinski) hits the links with Andy (Ed Helms) and Kevin (Brian Baumgartner) to try and land his biggest client ever. Meanwhile, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) sets up a booth at a local job fair, which happens to be at Pam's (Jenna Fischer) alma mater, to find "the best and the brightest" for Dunder Mifflin's summer internship. Rainn Wilson, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Angela Kinsey, Creed Bratton, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Paul Lieberstein, Phyllis Smith and Craig Robinson also star.

Reminder: One more week until the hour-long season finale!
Old 05-08-08, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Very excited.

Apparently
Spoiler:
someone is going to be pregnant by the end of this season
Old 05-08-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't forget that Jenna is on Jay Leno tonight as the lead guest! Woohoo!
Old 05-08-08, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by orangecrush18
Very excited.

Apparently
Spoiler:
someone is going to be pregnant by the end of this season
Spoiler:

The actress who plays Angela recently gave birth I believe, so I would guess it would be her?

Old 05-08-08, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Spoiler:

The actress who plays Angela recently gave birth I believe, so I would guess it would be her?

Spoiler:
I read that because of the Writer's Strike, her pregnancy didn't have to be included in the show.

Michael:
Spoiler:
She's The Office hottie. She will totally do you. I would never say this to her face, but she's a great person and a talented artist.

lol @ Jim
Old 05-08-08, 09:30 PM

My spinoff prediction:

Spoiler:

Jim gets Ryan's job in New York. Pam moves with him to go to Graphic Design school
Old 05-08-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by monkey42
My spinoff prediction:

Spoiler:

Jim gets Ryan's job in New York. Pam moves with him to go to Graphic Design school
Spoiler:
Would anybody actually watch a show centered around Jim and Pam?
Old 05-08-08, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Spoiler:
Would anybody actually watch a show centered around Jim and Pam?
Yes. But I'm not one of them. I think my idea would be terrible
Old 05-08-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read somewhere that...
Spoiler:
... next week's episode deals with a "Good-Bye Party" for Toby.
Old 05-08-08, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Great episode, Hopefully the spinoff Idea Monkey42 mentioned doesn't happen, this show works because of the whole cast together.

One of my favorites this season.
Old 05-08-08, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great episode, the golf scenes were hysterical.

I think the scene with her and the application and all of those programs kind of shows that she is very far behind in a modern graphic design world, and I don't think she can succeed in that type of job career, despite her being a great artist. Art is more than paper these days.

And I can't figure out the spoiler tags, so I will just say that monkey42's idea would be possibly, but I don't that would be a logical idea from their stand point. That is a big chunk of what people have grown to love about the office and would really take away from it.

Just my .02
Old 05-08-08, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the end, if anything, showed that Jim and Pam will be in the Office for a long time to come. Jim is on the fence with Ryan and instead of saying fuck it and moving on he decided to try to a land a big client. Michael's words at the end just go on to prove that Jim is going to be there for a long time. Also, Pam realizes that she's out of date on graphic design and knows she has to move away to get what she wants but can't do it.

As for the spinoff prediction (no need for spoilers since its just a theory)... You can't have The Office (original) without Jim and Pam and you can't have The Office (spin-off) with only Jim and Pam.

"Hey Pumpkin, its Creed. We're serving to ditch this bitch, you in?" -Creed
Old 05-08-08, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It looks like tornado concerns knocked out the entirety of MNIE and Scrubs, about the first 20 minutes of The Office, and at least the first 2 minutes of 30 Rock for me. At least it was serious weather concerns and not some idiotic college basketball game, but I'm still fairly bummed.

I guess I'll be looking for each of these shows online. At least my ABC station went for a scroll across the top that has just been kind of annoying on my recording of LOST.
Old 05-08-08, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If Pam is out of date, what program did she use to design the logo for Dunder Mifflinfinity?

That seemed to need some kind of experience with a program that probably wouldn't be on your standard office PC.
Old 05-08-08, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just to update: WSLS out of Roanoke, Virginia will be airing The Ofice at 4:30 AM. Scrubs will be on at 4 AM. I have no idea why they chose those two but not MNIE or 30 Rock, but I'll take what I can get.
Old 05-08-08, 11:58 PM

Fantastic episode. One of the best of the series. I was really starting to dislike The Office after the last few episodes, but this one really pulled me back in, and I'm excited for next week.

Great job juggling all the stories this episode. Each one felt like it got equal, and enough time. Creed, "I finished my work months ago!".
Old 05-09-08, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, I thought this episode was the worst of the season. Just seemed off-kilter, like a set-up for next week.

Still, bad Office is still good.
Old 05-09-08, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm glad the show doesn't go for the easy "feel good" moments like it so easily could. Like when Pam went to her old art room, they could have had her see her old picture and get inspired by that, but they knew better. Same for the kid at the end, looking at Michael while he was on the microphone. They could have had him get inspired and decide to join Dunder Mifflin, but again they focused on Michael's desperation and his reaction to being rejected.

I like how the show balances the uplifting with the depressing. Worked well tonight.
Old 05-09-08, 12:51 AM

One of the best episodes ever. It really sucks this season was cut short. Oh well, should be an interesting finale next Thursday.
Old 05-09-08, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought this one was just so-so. Not bad, as I liked the overall tone and storylines, but just not many LOL moments. And thankfully, no WTH moments either - which I was in fear of when Michael grabbed the PA mike at the job fair. Thankfully, that scene didn't get out of hand.

I did think that the final scene of tonight's episode is clearly a setup for a possible future Pam exit from DM, which intrigued me. It will be interesting to see where that goes.

Did I use enough abbreviations in this post or what?
Old 05-09-08, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

LOL moments:

1.) Creed claiming he finished his work months ago.
2.) Stanley being the first one out the door.
3.) Creed calling Angela.
4.) Michael not knowing what 'H&R Block' was.
5.) Andy biffing it in the golf cart.
6.) Michael's use of the word "youth-a-nize"
Old 05-09-08, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
^^ Yeah, that was about it for me too.

So-so ep.
Old 05-09-08, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty good episode. The golf stuff was gold. I kept waiting for Dwight to make some comment to stanley about the last episode when he was leaving.

I felt bad for Pam in the outro, but it looks like she's setting up to leave. Also I loved Michael's line about never telling her she's a great artist (Oscar: Why wouldn't you tell her that?).

I think Ryan is going to make a move to get Jim fired in the finale, but Jim has literally everyone else on his side: Michael, David, etc. I think some turn of events will have Ryan getting fired or demoted and Jim taking his place.
Old 05-09-08, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I vote for "so-so" too.

This show isn't where it used to be and I'm starting to get concerned it'll slip even more if a few characters are spun off.
Old 05-09-08, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not great, but not awful. I am hoping that Andy is the one to leave for a spinoff. If so, that means the branch integration was all for naught, as there would be no remaining people from the other branch left.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.