Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

LOST -- "Cabin Fever" -- 05.08.2008

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-08-08, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Cabin Fever"

Locke finds out where Jacob's cabin is; life on the freighter becomes dangerous.
Old 05-08-08, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can't wait!
Old 05-08-08, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

a little bit less than 24 hours to go!
Old 05-08-08, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now just 23 hours for me until it starts. OMG
Old 05-08-08, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:
I heard this was a Locke episode. So, by the end of the season only Claire and Sawyer won't have had episodes centering on their characters? I wonder if these were the two from the 16 that were cut as a result of the strike.
Old 05-08-08, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How many episodes left til the season finale?
Old 05-08-08, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

episode after this is part one of the finale. then a week break. then the 2 hour finale.
Old 05-08-08, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hardercore
Spoiler:
I heard this was a Locke episode. So, by the end of the season only Claire and Sawyer won't have had episodes centering on their characters? I wonder if these were the two from the 16 that were cut as a result of the strike.
You are wrong about one of those (I'm fairly certain).
Old 05-08-08, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by redrum
episode after this is part one of the finale. then a week break. then the 2 hour finale.

(ABC? I BETTER be seeing this season on HDM by Christmas - with the "enhanced" episode option included please! )
Old 05-08-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rfduncan

(with the "enhanced" episode option included please! )
I sure hope it's on there as well. I wonder if they have any plans to release S1 & S2 on Blu yet?
Old 05-08-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Biggest spoiler about tonight's focus character:

Spoiler:
It's a flashBACK, not a flashforward

The rest

Spoiler:

Episode 4.11: Cabin Fever (Locke-centric)
Airdate: May 8, 2008

* 04/21 - Locke is enlightened as to the whereabouts of Jacob's cabin, and life aboard the freighter becomes perilous. Guest starring are Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Lance Reddick as Matthew Abaddon, Marc Vann as doctor, Kevin Durand as Keamy, Anthony Azizi as Omar, Grant Bowler as Captain Gault, John Terry as Christian Shephard, Holland Roden as Emily, Rebecca Tilney as Emily's mother, Amanda Carlin as ER nurse, Patrick Torres as ER doctor, Doug Hutchison as Horace Goodspeed, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Matthew Pedersen as physical therapist, Mandy June Turpin as Florence, Sarah Duval as Melissa, Charles Henry Wyson as John Locke (age 5), Phil Abrams as Gellert and Caleb Steinmeyer as John Locke (age 16). Source: ABC
* 04/06 - The Lost production team is working double-time to deliver the last five episodes of Season 4. Thursday found them working all over the island for Episode 4.11, a Locke-centric outing. In the morning, they finished up at Waimano Home in Pearl City, with Terry O'Quinn and Lance Reddick on the scene. At the same time, a second unit was at work at Manoa Falls Trail, filming an on-island scene. Emilie DeRavin, Josh Holloway, Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim, Rebecca Mader and Jeremy Davies trekked through the jungle past a simple wooden Dharma door. After lunch, the action moved to Leilehua High School in Wahiawa. Students and cheerleaders in 1960s garb brought us to Cowan Heights (near Tustin, CA) to witness Locke's struggles at sixteen. It looks like our "Man of Faith" has had issues with science for a long, long time. [...] Late word from Wahiawa United Methodist Church, reporting several "gorgeous" 1950s or 1960s cars. And one of them was apparently enlisted to film a dramatic scene in which a little girl (perhaps five years of age) runs out of a house and gets struck in the street. Source: The Transmission
* 04/06 - They filmed at Leilehua High School today (04/03/08). There was a high school logo that said "Cowin Heights Knights." [They filmed] some kid coming out of a locker. Source: Lost Spoilers
* 04/03 - Waimano Home is a former mental institution turned government office and laboratory hidden high in the mountains above Pearl City in Leeward O'ahu. Its drab, concrete walls and stark halls made it the perfect location to shoot a hospital scene. The wardrobe suggests that we'll be visiting the 1950s, and possibly another decade in the past. The where and the when, though, is nowhere near as interesting as the who. The flashback revolves around John Locke (Terry O'Quinn), and it's a flashback to the very beginning of his story: his birth. We'll also see Emily, his mother, in her younger days (presumably before her time in Santa Rosa, and before she betrays John Locke for his father's kidney hunt). But someone else is wandering the hospital: the ageless and eerie Richard Alpert, looking quite dapper in a suit. Source: The Transmission
* 03/30 - Mother - Caucasian, late 30s, with red hair and blue or green eyes, Frazzled, annoyed, trying to keep her daughter under control and tired of dealing with her when she seems to only make one bad decision after the other. Gellert - Any ethnicity, 30s-40s. High school chemistry teacher, intelligent and understanding, he offers a bright student the chance of a lifetime but becomes resentful when the offer is refused. Florence - Any ethnicity, late 30s. A foster mother who is worn out and overwhelmed. She is charmed by an unexpected visitor she anxiously hopes might help her situation, but she turns punitive when it doesn't go well. Susie - Any ethnicity, 30s to 40s. A nurse working the late shift who unexpectedly has to help deliver a baby. Professional and compassionate, she tries to help the mother adjust to her new reality. Source: Lost Spoilers
* 03/17 - Five-year-old Boy - Caucasian, green eyes, sweet, shy, tentative and smart. Has to take a test and becomes nervous about passing. Teenage Boy - Plays as 16 or 17, Caucasian, green eyes. Angry, a little nerdy, defiant and rebellious. There's a lot more to this kid than meets the eye. Tries to fight back against older, stronger boys but is pushed into a locker. Teenage Girl - Plays as 16, Caucasian, red hair (or willing to dye hair red). Emotional, prone to dramatic gestures, passionately in love and fights with her Mom about it. Source: Lost Spoilers
Old 05-08-08, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan

(ABC? I BETTER be seeing this season on HDM by Christmas - with the "enhanced" episode option included please! )
December 9th on Blu-ray:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Los...rt-Extras/9534

The list price is out of control, though.
Old 05-08-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dvd182
December 9th on Blu-ray:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Los...rt-Extras/9534

The list price is out of control, though.
I think the list price for S3 on BRD was like $120.
Old 05-08-08, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
The original list was around $120, but a few months before release Buena Vista dropped it to $96.99, the same price they're starting S4 at. I guess it's possible that they could lower the price before release like last time, as we're getting significantly less episodes compared to S3, but we'll have to see.

At any rate, my complaints are neither here nor there, considering this a thread on tonight's ep. Can't wait!
Old 05-08-08, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Best Buy was selling S3 for $65 on release week. Amazon was under $70 too. Considering the DVD's go for $40 to $45 regularly I don't think that's too unreasonable.
Old 05-08-08, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Best Buy was selling S3 for $65 on release week. Amazon was under $70 too. Considering the DVD's go for $40 to $45 regularly I don't think that's too unreasonable.
Oh I agree completely, and picked it up at BB on release. Just funny how much higher the list price always is.

Good point about the fewer episodes, hopefully it'll end up being closer to $50 or so at release.

Tonight's episode...can't wait! I wonder what it could be about? The title doesn't really say much.
Old 05-08-08, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cabin Fever could either relate to the "heightened case of Cabin Fever" (read: that results in suicide attempts) that the captain of the freighter described his crew as having, or something to do with Jacob's cabin. If the rumours are true,
Spoiler:
and this is a Locke episode
, I'm betting on the latter.
Old 05-08-08, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I have a feeling this episode will be disappointing just from looking at the writers of it. One of them is probably my least favorite Lost writer and the other hasn't written any episodes of the series before. I guess we'll find out later tonight if its good or not.
Old 05-08-08, 08:08 PM
Banned

I really hope they dont kill off Locke this season. That would be like losing Mulder from X-files to me....
Old 05-08-08, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Once again, "Can't wait."

Doug
Old 05-08-08, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The doctor was alive and on the freighter.
Old 05-08-08, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh crap..so how old is Richard?
Old 05-08-08, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

wtf man...
Old 05-08-08, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
trippiness on this show is fun.
Old 05-08-08, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

great to see Richard back!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.