Old 05-06-08, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No More Sex Talk on Oxygen

Story Here

Sue Johanson ending `Talk Sex' on Oxygen after six seasons
By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer
30 minutes ago
NEW YORK - Sunday night is getting less steamy.

Oxygen's "Talk Sex" call-in show with colorful septugenarian educator Sue Johanson is ending its run after six seasons, the network announced Tuesday.

The final show airs at midnight Sunday.

"I'm going to miss it terribly," Johanson told The Associated Press. "It's been part of my life and I just love it. I'm going to miss writing scripts. I'm going to miss having to read books. I'm going to miss playing with sex toys."

Her final show will count down the year's top 10 sex toys.

Her show, derived from a Canadian radio program that began in 1984, offered practical advice and the latest information on sexually transmitted diseases. It was all the more colorful hearing it from a Toronto-based nurse who looked and sounded like your grandmother.

Now 77, Johanson said she had to recognize that 1 a.m. (when her shows ended) was not her finest hour. Since it's a call-in show, taping the show earlier didn't make sense.

"I have been on television for 32 years," she said. "I think it's time. I figured if we haven't got it by now, we're not going to get it. We've got to make room for somebody else."

She said she enjoyed working with Oxygen and wasn't pushed out. The only editing Oxygen ever did was to urge her not to use a particular slang for penis.

"Talk Sex" is Oxygen's most-popular late-night show, and its ratings among young viewers this season were the best ever, the network said.

Material from the show will continue to be available on Oxygen's Web site and on demand.

Johanson said she isn't retiring and will continue to give lectures. "I'm a ham," she said. "I love a large audience."
Old 05-06-08, 06:02 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
thank christ!!
Old 05-06-08, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As long as they keep the late night sex toy-home shopping network, then I'm good. Who doesn't like watching a couple of young honeys talking about their personal experiences with dildos?
Old 05-06-08, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
As long as they keep the late night sex toy-home shopping network, then I'm good. Who doesn't like watching a couple of young honeys talking about their personal experiences with dildos?

What channel is that on??

I only caught it a couple of times and I thought she was funny... the people who called in were hysterical.
Old 05-06-08, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sue Johanson has been on the radio here in Canada for years, and I can remember listening to her shows a long time ago, and not believing the kind of stuff they had on the radio, especially since it was mainstream radio.
Old 05-06-08, 08:09 PM

Aw man! He was a staple in late night T.V. Man, that lady was so crazy.
Old 05-07-08, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She's great when she's on Conan. I remember her putting a strap on dildo on her chin, or something weird like that.
Old 05-07-08, 09:32 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

All I'll say is there goes the last watchable show on that network.
Old 05-07-08, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My buddy tried calling in once with some rediculous question as a joke, I forgot what it was. But he never got through.

That sucks, it's the only show I found enjoyable on that channel. Miles over "Tory & Dean: Inn Love".
Old 05-07-08, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mcfly
That sucks, it's the only show I found enjoyable on that channel. Miles over "Tory & Dean: Inn Love".
That's not saying much.