Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 4/24/08

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-08, 12:47 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Kelkee
Its game over for anyone not on board with the 'girls'. If they all stick together and dont flip on each other.
The problem with that strategy is that there are five girls and only two guys left. One of the girls has to realize that once the guys are gone, she is going out at 5th (most likely Amanda). If I were James and Erik, I'd tell Amanda and Cirie: "Look, the four of us would be guaranteed final four. With the girls alliance you're only guaranteed fifth." Of course, there's the "how can I beat James in the finale" factor, but if you don't even make the finale then that's about as foolish a strategy as 'saving' a hidden immunity idol people know you have.
Old 04-25-08, 01:03 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Natalie's line about flossing her teeth with Jason's juggler was down right evil, but the dope should have seen it coming. Out of all the women left I hope Amanda wins it.
Old 04-25-08, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
I caught the end to see who was voted off, I was happy to see Jason voted out.
Old 04-25-08, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Even after throwing away his vote , James is finally off the hook for "Dumbest in Survivor History".

at the people who wanted to see more Natalie. I stand by my opinion from Day 1 that it's physically repulsive, but now we get to see how obnoxiously trashy it is as a person too. Enjoy those fantasies!
Spoiler:
Cue TwineTime telling us how awesome it is!

at Teeth trying to play James with her schoolgirl tricks. Save that stuff for Erik.

I too was hoping James and Erik would ally with Jason. If their bitching about how "lucky" Jason was didn't reveal how arrogant and stupid the women are, letting everyone in the tribe know their not-as-genius-as-they-think plan was unbelievably foolish. James and Erik could have gone to Jason (they don't even need Amanda, whose loyalty would be suspect), earn his trust by telling him where the idol is and what Natalie told everyone from their private conversation, get him to play the immunity and all vote for one of the bitches. The bitches split their votes, the idol is played, and one of them goes home. Unfortunately, even if James had thought of the plan, he'd have to fear Jason being shortsighted and playing the idol to allow James (his competition) to go home.

So much stupidity in this game this season. Sending Jason to Exile in the first place, when he's already proven he can find an idol, was just monumentally stupid. Now Natalie has put someone one the jury who hates it, and the idol is replanted (accomplishing nothing), when they could have just voted Jason or James off anyway (they can't both win immunity).

das
I honestly thought this is how it would play out, and it would have behooved the guys to play it this way, because how James and Erik are just sitting ducks. I dont mind girl power, but I cant get over how arrogant Natalie is, and for not hearing her say one word, obviously due to editing, to this rant of bitchiness, I wish she had her ass handed to her.
Old 04-25-08, 07:53 PM

I found a deleted scene of Natalie, it's pretty telling of her personality:

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...e-Survivor.flv
Old 04-25-08, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
When a "Land of the Lost" creature was first mentioned, I thought they were talking about a Sleestack:

Old 04-25-08, 10:44 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Aegean2007
I found a deleted scene of Natalie, it's pretty telling of her personality:

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...e-Survivor.flv
Nice.
Old 04-26-08, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Holy crap Jason is 100x dumber than James ever was. How do trust these women that blind sided the guy with the immunity idol just 3 day before? And how do you think that it was her strategy to get him to have the idol? In what world does that make sense?

You're a self-proclaimed huge fan of the game and you're dumb enough not to see this coming? Unbelievable.

I think Amanda made a poor move by sticking with the women. This way she doesn't know exactly where she stands. It seems that Parvati is pulling the strings but apparently it really is all the girls (minus Amanda) doing this together. I can see her getting the boot after Erik and James because they may feel that they can't trust her either.

If she had attempted to make an alliance with James, Erik and Jason she would definitely make the final 3. She would also have a good shot to win as her only competition in jury votes would be James.

I hate this little girl thing that is going on and hope it can get flipped somehow but I doubt it. The only chance of that happening is if James goes on an immunity idol tear. The guy is a beast and is the most athletic one there and it may just happen. If the girl power does remain intact I am curious to see how things go in the final 5.

I have to give credit where credit is due though. Parvati seems to have the game sealed air tight. Every one of those girls wants to be in the final 3 with her. If I were on that jury I would probably vote for her over the other girls too, including Amanda. Parvati played the power game and IMO that is respectable. Not to mention they were smart enough to know that they all didn't need to vote for Jason to get him out. It was a smart move getting Alexis to vote for James in case Erik flipped.

I love James bringing up the apple again

I hope Natalie gets the ax. I would hate to see her in the final 3.
Old 04-26-08, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Goat3001
If Amanda had attempted to make an alliance with James, Erik and Jason she would definitely make the final 3.
Problem is Jason is dumb as a rock. Had Amanda told him exactly what was going down, halfwit fucktard Jason would've ran back to the grinch lookalike and told her, since she was his sworn alliance partner, and Amanda gets booted. Plus there was little chance nobody would see Amanda trying to unify those dumbfucks. And she would've lost all the girls' votes had she miraculously pulled off the impossible.

Far easier just to coast to the final five and try to dump Grinch and Alexis. Not to mention Amanda will have minimal competition for immunities plus the jury will be stacked in her favor.

Last edited by Finisher; 04-26-08 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-26-08, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
^I disagree.

Yes, it would have been a risk trying to get Jason involved because he has shit for brains but she could have easily put enough doubt in his head to have him play the immunity idol. Of course there is the risk in telling Jason but at the same time the reward would have been an easy run to the final 3.

Erik, on the other hand, would have probably taken the opportunity to be with James and Amanda knowing that would give him a better chance to go far.

If Amanda and James had banded this together it would have been them two and Erik voting for Parvati, Jason and Alexis voting for James and Parvati, Cirie and Natalie voting for Jason. If Jason plays the immunity idol he's safe and Parvarti it out. If he doesn't he would go one on one with her in a challenge and the winner of that would have decided the game.

I'm also not sure if Amanda can coast to the final 5. I don't see where she stands in this alliance. She is pretty sure that Parv and Cirie have her back but at the same time they did leave her out of the last vote against Ozzie so I don't think she really knows where she stands with them. If one of the guys wins immunity when there are 6 left she may be the odd woman out.
Old 04-26-08, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
At this point, I think I'm rooting for another guy winning over the hordes of women, like when Chris won (Ami and Eliza's initial season). This pretty much means Erik or James goes on and wins a bunch of immunities to get to the final 3. If the HII gets back into the hands of James or Erik (and the other of them wins immunity), then a culling of the women can happen. The odds of a guy ending up in the final 3 are probably 1/3 depending on gameplay.

For Parvati to win, she has to bring Amanda and James to the final 3 with her because those 2 would not vote for her on the jury, and she's pretty much lost Ozzy's vote, and Erik would be the one to give her the money at that point. I just think she made her move too soon (Cirie's plotting didn't help Parvati in the long run).

Last edited by Patman; 04-26-08 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-26-08, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
For Parvati to win, she has to bring Amanda and James to the final 3 with her because those 2 would not vote for her on the jury
Yikes. I think that's the last thing she should do. You try to bring people you can win against to the finals, not underdogs from the alliance you betrayed. See Steph in Guatemala.
Old 04-26-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I'm mystified at

1) how they thought Jason previously lucky?
2) I realize that Natalie thinks so highly of herself but what the fuck was she initially thinking that sending someone outside your alliance (the most physically fit person no less) to get a free crack at an Immunity Idol. Surely she didn't have this plan in her head when she made that boneheaded move.
3) Why they thought this plan was a good idea considering that the Idol will be replanted. Now they might have to go through this all over again and should James or Eric get it and the other win Immunity, then the girls will have to cannibalize one of their own, presumably Amanda.
4) Why James voted for Parvati instead of Jason after being told of the plan? That's certainly one bitter voter that in no way will be having a change of heart if Parv is in the Final.

I know these girls think they're greatest thing since sliced bread, but for all their talk about luck, they should thank their lucky stars that they are playing with the dumbest group of guys I've ever seen in this game.

One final question - there are now 3 on the jury and 7 people left, so are they going to have a F2 with an even number of jurors or a F3 with an odd number of jurors? Either way, there is a potential for a tie vote. How would they break that tie?

Last edited by Red Dog; 04-26-08 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-26-08, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Patman
For Parvati to win, she has to bring Amanda and James to the final 3 with her because those 2 would not vote for her on the jury, and she's pretty much lost Ozzy's vote, and Erik would be the one to give her the money at that point. I just think she made her move too soon (Cirie's plotting didn't help Parvati in the long run).

I don't think she can win period. Even if she did that, that means she will have pissed off the other girls.
Old 04-26-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk God

I'm also mystified about Amanda - she has to know she is 5th in pecking order right now so why not go to James, Eric, and Jason and tell them all of the plan - get Jason to play his Idol, and they all vote for Parv? Then she's turned it into 4 on 3, and at worst she's 4th instead of 5th.
Old 04-26-08, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Goat3001
I hate this little girl thing that is going on and hope it can get flipped somehow but I doubt it.
If there's a clue that I see for this happening, it's maybe with the production edit. The game is finished in real-life by the time they start editing together the episodes for tv. And they usually are pretty smart in trying to create stories and character arcs that generate the most interest.

So how has the show portrayed the "girl power" alliance? Massive villain edit. Natalie and Parv got it the worst, but none of them look good - with all the shots of them gloating, giggling, and scheming. You've even got all those shots of spiders around when the women are talking The producers seem to want us to hate them. And ... well, from my feelings and many others that I've read, it worked. We hate them, and don't want them to win. So it can't possibly end up with a Natalie/Alexis/Parvati F3, can it?

I don't know ... maybe I'm just overthinking it, and trying to fool myself that there's reason for hope in this season.
Old 04-26-08, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I hate all these ****s and I knew Natalie was just hideous. Amanda is a moron but James is still stupid as shit cause the fucker let it go down when he was told by Shit face that she was going to finals all girls.... retards.

I hate this season and dont want to see it anymore. I got better stuff to do.
Old 04-26-08, 09:24 PM

I've always liked James, but I was really annoyed by his lack of strategy this episode. I hate it when players have the opportunity to make a move, but just sit there like they have no control and let others dictate the game. That is exactly what James did.

Erik, if it was his butt on the block, would at least try something. However, Erik has no ability to think ahead beyond surviving the next TC. I was HOPING Erik and Jason would see the obvious girl alliance that needed to be split RIGHT NOW. Come on guys.

Natilie made it so easy to see the group in power, the ones with cake all over their hands! Erik was too busy licking Cirie's fingers (wtf was that anyway?!) to make a simple observation about the direction of the game.
Old 04-27-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by taa455

Natilie made it so easy to see the group in power.

That was another fact that should have made things obvious to Amanda that she would be 5th at best in the chick-alliance, thus making a counter-move with the guys seemingly a no-brainer.
Old 04-27-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
One final question - there are now 3 on the jury and 7 people left, so are they going to have a F2 with an even number of jurors or a F3 with an odd number of jurors? Either way, there is a potential for a tie vote. How would they break that tie?
Recent seasons have had a F3 instead of F2. That's good because usually a couple of good players make it to the final TC instead of one good player and one lame one. Yul and Ozzy might not have squared off in the final if not for this change.
Old 04-27-08, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by davidh777
Recent seasons have had a F3 instead of F2. That's good because usually a couple of good players make it to the final TC instead of one good player and one lame one. Yul and Ozzy might not have squared off in the final if not for this change.
Yeah - I watched the Yul/Ozzy season. I bailed on last season - just wasn't getting into it, so I'll assume they did a F3.

So what do they do if it is 3-3-1 in the final vote? A runoff?
Old 04-27-08, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by taa455
I've always liked James, but I was really annoyed by his lack of strategy this episode. I hate it when players have the opportunity to make a move, but just sit there like they have no control and let others dictate the game. That is exactly what James did.
James was thinking the immunity thingy would be played. He was shocked when it wasn't. So his only hope was to vote for someone other than jason otherwise he would have been booted if the idol was played.
Old 04-27-08, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
James was thinking the immunity thingy would be played. He was shocked when it wasn't. So his only hope was to vote for someone other than jason otherwise he would have been booted if the idol was played.

It was his only hope (of only advancing one round) after not getting off his idiot ass and trying to forge an alliance with the 2 other guys and Amanda, none of whom have any chance of making of the F4 save for winning multiple ICs.
Old 04-27-08, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
It was his only hope (of only advancing one round) after not getting off his idiot ass and trying to forge an alliance with the 2 other guys and Amanda, none of whom have any chance of making of the F4 save for winning multiple ICs.
Do you honestly think any good could have come from talking to that moron Jason? James had "betrayed" Jason in the last tribal council. Natalie had not. He would have run back to Natalie and told her everything. The only thing that would have happened is that James would have been voted off.

Even if Jason would have believed him and kept his mouth shut (which I seriously doubt) he still would have had to convince Erik and Amanda (I don't think you get Erik w/o her).

I do think you can blame James for not cultivating a better relationship with Jason to begin with. For the second straight time he tied himself to one alliance and watched it turn on him.

One wonders how the game would have turned out if Penner hadn't left. He had his ducks lined up at the other beach, and he wanted to work with James too (after he got Parvati out).
Old 04-27-08, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah - I watched the Yul/Ozzy season. I bailed on last season - just wasn't getting into it, so I'll assume they did a F3.

So what do they do if it is 3-3-1 in the final vote? A runoff?
Cue dramatic music: Fire-building!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.