DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 4/24/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/530193-survivor-micronesia-fans-vs-favorites-4-24-08-a.html)

auto 04-23-08 06:24 PM

Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 4/24/08

Episode Description:
Spoiler:
Flirtation between Parvati and James devolves into bitter tension after Parvati gave into temptation by "eating the apple" and voting out Ozzy. Devastation turns into elation as one Castaway views being sent to Exile as a blessing in disguise. A self-proclaimed Black Widow emerges and plots to spin a web and devour her first victim.

girlnextdoor 04-23-08 10:41 PM

I picked Parv, just because I don't like her. Not sure what will happen since she voted against Ozzy last week.

LiquidSky 04-24-08 07:33 AM

I have a feeling if James doesn't win immunity he will be next. If he does win immunity it will be either Erik :drool: or Jason.

mosquitobite 04-24-08 01:39 PM

I think it will be James if he doesn't win immunity. I think Eric will be safe this week just becuase he doesn't have any alliance to threaten the girls. They'll get rid of the 2 stronger guys to keep them from winning immunity on down the road.

It would be fun for James, Amanda, Eric, and Jason to try force something big to happen, but I doubt it would happen. Amanda does have Cirie's trust though, so if Amanda can play her cards right maybe one of the girl fans (or Parv!) will go home. :shrug: I doubt Amanda would want to send Alexis to the jury with Ozzy at this point though :lol:

Patman 04-24-08 02:39 PM

Well, it could be that the faves will be sent home one-by-one because of Cirie's shortsightedness in ousting Ozzie. The faves will find themselves outnumbered if another fave goes home tonight.

LiquidSky 04-24-08 07:28 PM

Natalie really does look like that creature from "Land of the Lost" :lol: Plus, she's an asshole.

Finisher 04-24-08 07:57 PM

Natalie's face and megalomania are so off-putting.

aktick 04-24-08 08:04 PM

Has anybody ever gone from completely irrelevant and unknown background character to total bitch faster than Natalie? Wow.

The women this season could make a guy wish he was gay, damn. That or deaf...

If Eric or James somehow make it to the final 3, they will win it I think.

Good to see Ozzie hasn't forgotten about what happened yet. :lol: :thumbsup:

Merkin Muffley 04-24-08 08:15 PM

Natalie is a first class ****.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know her name. Now she thinks she's Don Corleone.

LiquidSky 04-24-08 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
The women this season could make a guy wish he was gay, damn. That or deaf...

:lol: Trust me. There are plenty of gay dudes who are just as bad as these gals.

Patman 04-24-08 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Natalie is a first class ****.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know her name. Now she thinks she's Don Corleone.

Make that "Dawn" Corleone.

I can't believe that plan actually worked. I was sure Amanda was going to flip it so that they took out Natalie or Alexis.

Also, was Alexis supposed to vote for James to keep it close? Weird.

Nat, Amanda, Parv, Cirie voted for Jason.
Erik, Alexis, Jason votes for James.
James voted for Parv

Sticky Bomb 04-24-08 08:26 PM

I have been asking for pics of natalie every week and now I think she is a bitch like everyone else. Do you think they havent been able to show any comentary from her because she has been a bitch all along, and they didnt want to spoil the editting now?
If you havent seen this, check it out. it is pretty cool.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...lay=true&cc=13

aktick 04-24-08 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Make that "Dawn" Corleone.

I can't believe that plan actually worked. I was sure Amanda was going to flip it so that they took out Natalie or Alexis.

Also, was Alexis supposed to vote for James to keep it close? Weird.

Nat, Amanda, Parv, Cirie voted for Jason.
Erik, Alexis, Jason votes for James.
James voted for Parv

I can't believe it actually worked either. They've gotten some really stupid guys these last couple seasons. James, Jason, Eric's not real bright (at the game, at least...but he's still there, so props for that I guess).

It would've been hilarious if James had the 4 votes, and would've been tied if he voted Jason, but instead voted Teeth. Glad it worked out for him though.

aktick 04-24-08 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
:lol: Trust me. There are plenty of gay dudes who are just as bad as these gals.

lol, I suppose, they've just compiled one hell of a group of bitches on that island this season.

SunMonkey 04-24-08 09:03 PM

I was hoping against hope that James, Amanda, and Eric would try something with Jason. They could have worked with the two immunity idols they had between the four of them to at least try a play at staying around.

cdollaz 04-24-08 09:10 PM

James was right, that guy is the dumbest ass ever on Survivor.

cdollaz 04-24-08 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Natalie really does look like that creature from "Land of the Lost" :lol:

http://www.pheistyblog.com/wp-conten...7/05/chaka.jpg

cdollaz 04-24-08 09:14 PM

She kinda looks like the Grinch also.

Cellar Door 04-24-08 10:17 PM

I think a better strategy for the girls would have been this:
Natalie "confides" in Jason just before Tribal Council that he isn't safe and he needs to play the hidden immunity idol. He trusts her advice and plays the idol, but the girls actually vote out James. This way they get the idol out of play and they get rid of James (who is the biggest threat to winning a string of immunity challenges) while they have the chance.

That said, I hate Natalie and I was really hoping that Amanda and James would have somehow wrangled Erik and Jason into voting with them to get rid of Natalie. I need to watch this episode again and count how many times they showed a snake or a spider while Parvati and Natalie were monologuing.

I felt sorry for Jason. He was way too trusting. And stupid.

brainee 04-24-08 10:23 PM

Damn, I hate all of these bitches (maybe except for Amanda). Maybe James or Erik will sneak through - but the women are just going to be unbearably obnoxious for the rest of the season. They better hope all the challenges have food rewards, because they seem incapable of fending for themselves. Unless I hear something dramatic happens, I don't think I want to watch any more of this season. It's off the DVR program.

cdollaz 04-24-08 10:31 PM

I'm not sure where Amanda stands at this point. I assume she is with the bitches. If not, she is stupid.

mwbmis 04-24-08 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
I was hoping against hope that James, Amanda, and Eric would try something with Jason. They could have worked with the two immunity idols they had between the four of them to at least try a play at staying around.

I thought of that and I think it would have been a great idea if Jason wasn't an idiot. Unfortunately...

All that would have happened if they tried to do that would be Jason blabbing to Natalie, playing the idol just in case, and James going home.

I think Amanda walking a fine line. She clearly doesn't like what's going on, but she has no choice but to go with it. Ironic that this is what she did to James last season, but she seems to be the only one left that he trusts.

Nice that James outed Parvati at tribal. I think she's probably ruined her real life friendship with Ozzy.

SlingshotBandit 04-24-08 11:23 PM

I'm watching this on DVR, so I don't know the outcome and I haven't read other people's responses....

Why on earth did James NOT vote for Jason? He knew that it was going to be split between them. Any vote NOT for Jason, will hurt him.

cdollaz 04-24-08 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
I'm watching this on DVR, so I don't know the outcome and I haven't read other people's responses....

Why on earth did James NOT vote for Jason? He knew that it was going to be split between them. Any vote NOT for Jason, will hurt him.

How did he know it was going to be split?

SlingshotBandit 04-24-08 11:27 PM

....and Jason gets blind-sided as well.

The women on this island are ruthless, especially Natalie. Wow!

I don't know whether it was funny that Natalie kept referring to Jason as her little bitch, or plan crass. But I guess at the end he was, in fact, her little bitch. heh.

I like how James outed Parvati to Ozzie, and then Ozzie reaction right after.

You have to hand it to the girls, though. They're playing a dirty game. I've only watched one other season (and half of another) of Survivor. I guess this is the object of the game.

Any regular Survivor watchers know if there were any winners who won playing a clean, honest game? (Or is there no such thing on this show?)