DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 4/10/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/529210-survivor-micronesia-fans-vs-favorites-4-10-08-a.html)

MrE 04-11-08 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Agreed. Not sure why Jason was such an asshat about it.

Especially since Ozzy literally got the last laugh at the elimination.

taa455 04-11-08 09:38 AM

Where the hell did Alexsis come from? I've barely heard her speak before this ep.

Jason :up: that was an amazing challenge performance to beat Ozzy. Ozzy looked like he had swallowed a good bit of water.

That took hours to make :lol: Several great Survivor moments this episode!

orderandlaw 04-11-08 10:06 AM

I still can't believe Jason thought he had the immunity idol.

Apparently, this "fan" has missed the point that the idols are a bit more crafted, and that Yao-man already did this. Hello?

But, now I think they should make the idol a stick in the next season, and see if someone throws it away thinking it was a fake one.

zuffy 04-11-08 10:09 AM

What was James reaction? I missed it. I only remember Ozzy laughing.

DRG 04-11-08 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by orderandlaw
But, now I think they should make the idol a stick in the next season, and see if someone throws it away thinking it was a fake one.

That would be amazing.

Wolf359 04-11-08 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
A little more screen time for
http://homepage.mac.com/nigelstewart...edia/chaka.jpg
this episode.

rotfl

And maybe Jason was kind of cocky about winning, but didn't anybody notice the look on Ozzy's face when he realized he lost? What an ego.

BDLOU 04-11-08 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Wolf359
rotfl

And maybe Jason was kind of cocky about winning, but didn't anybody notice the look on Ozzy's face when he realized he lost? What an ego.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2...p479350ft7.jpg

das Monkey 04-11-08 12:37 PM

Ozzy may have an ego, but the "look" on his face seemed inspired by his desperate search for Oxygen and the few pints of sea water he was hurling up.

das

cdollaz 04-11-08 12:45 PM

Yeah, I didn't think Ozzy had a pissed-off look at the end of the challenge.

Patman 04-11-08 01:16 PM

All that stuff coming out of Ozzy's nose and mouth after he gave up was some gnarly looking snot.

BTW, now it looks like it'll be another final 3 tribal council to decide the money because Eliza was the first of the jury, and with 10 in the mix, no way they have a jury of 8 (too dicey to get a tie, though it's still possible to have 2 people tie with 3 people and 7 votes).

SpaceBoy 04-11-08 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Ozzy may have an ego, but the "look" on his face seemed inspired by his desperate search for Oxygen and the few pints of sea water he was hurling up.

das

Yeah I was amazed, that dude that won seemed to be totally fine right away Vs Ozzy who I thought was going to puke.

The challenge itself was really cool, but it didn't seem as controlled as it could have been. I'm thinking based upon your position in the cage, one person's cage could be more under water then another.

That's the only reason I could imagine that dude was so fresh.. Maybe it was weighted more on the sides, thus the middle was a little more above water and the dude was able to outlast James/Ozzy on the sides. (then again I thought james would be out in 5 seconds)

Patman 04-11-08 02:35 PM

Anyone else notice that Eliza didn't get one vote in the poll this week?

das Monkey 04-11-08 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
Yeah I was amazed, that dude that won seemed to be totally fine right away Vs Ozzy who I thought was going to puke.

The challenge itself was really cool, but it didn't seem as controlled as it could have been. I'm thinking based upon your position in the cage, one person's cage could be more under water then another.

That's the only reason I could imagine that dude was so fresh.. Maybe it was weighted more on the sides, thus the middle was a little more above water and the dude was able to outlast James/Ozzy on the sides. (then again I thought james would be out in 5 seconds)

Jason simply made a better breathing straw with his hands than Ozzy. It looked like he connected two fists like a snorkel, while Ozzy cupped his hands together. Ozzy's method seemed to take on water first, which is why it was so much more of a struggle for him.

And that's something that annoyed me about Jason's douchebaggery after winning. Clearly he had the better method, and more power to him for it -- he deserves high praise for his methodology; but his comment about being able to go another 10 minutes, as if Ozzy somehow pussied out when the going got rough was off the mark. Ozzy pushed himself to the point of drowning and was visibly fucked up for the effort. That final effort Ozzy made before ultimately giving up scared me. He clearly had no air and was going back for more anyway. Maybe Jason would have gone that far if he were taking on water like Ozzy, maybe not, but the idea that he somehow beat the crap out of Ozzy with his unbelievable heart is pretty ridiculous.

That's what I've come to respect about Ozzy too. He didn't need to win that challenge. There was zero chance of him going home, and he knew it. Yet he literally gave his last breath to try and win. Sure, he lost, but no one gave more effort in that challenge, not even close. Some may view that incredible drive to do his best as arrogance, wanting to always win so he can receive praise for it, but I don't really care <i>why</i> he does it. All I know is he gives his absolute best every single time, regardless of whether it's strategically smart or not, and I respect the hell out of that.

das

cdollaz 04-11-08 02:59 PM

Anyone stupid enough to fall for that stick with a couple of holes dug into it has zero reason to be cocky about anything regarding the game.

cdollaz 04-11-08 03:00 PM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/4/863...32888f.jpg?v=0

Claytonian 04-11-08 03:13 PM

My wife and I laughed more and harder during this episode than any other season! It was a great episode.

"because it's a fucking stick"

"then that's a bummer"

"Jeff, that took me hours to make"

Ozzy's and James' reactions to Eliza playing the idol.

Eliza's bug-eyed stares from across camp.

Funny, funny stuff!

Sticky Bomb 04-11-08 03:46 PM

Second week in a row Natalie shows up with that tank top and no bra/bathing suit top(when she went to the podium to vote). This chick is super hot. If anyone can grab a pic and post it, it would be appreciated.

Merkin Muffley 04-11-08 04:54 PM

Kudos to Benicio Del Toro for his performance as "Drowned Ozzy."

davidh777 04-11-08 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sticky Bomb
Second week in a row Natalie shows up with that tank top and no bra/bathing suit top(when she went to the podium to vote). This chick is super hot. If anyone can grab a pic and post it, it would be appreciated.

Problem is, she's hot in a Parvati way, from the chin down

cdollaz 04-11-08 09:33 PM

I posted a pic of Natalie. Check the first page.

TwineTime 04-11-08 10:05 PM

Yeah, Ozzy sorta looks like Chet's Mexican nephew in that picture.

nazz 04-12-08 07:20 PM

http://www.peakmodels.com/images/sto..._bolton-03.jpg

Finisher 04-12-08 07:30 PM

Natalie is a classic butterface. And she brings absolutely nothing to the table as far as game play goes.

Goat3001 04-12-08 10:26 PM

I'm probably in the vast minority here but I didn't want to see Eliza go. Yeah, cutting her out now seemed like the logical idea but at the same time she is a pretty good player and was entertaining, at least compared to some of the duds they have this season. I think she had a shot at going deep if Ozzy and co didn't off Ami and if Penner was still in the game as he should be.

Natalie is great to look at from the neck down but has added absolutely nothing as far as entertainment. She doesn't even have enough screen time for me to check out her knockers. I have nothing to say about Alexis either. She just sucks.

Jason is an idiot for thinking that was the idol, but I can't blame Eliza for playing it. It's better for her to play it and look like an idiot because its fake than not play it and have it be the real thing.

The shout out about Ozzy having it was great. I hope that comes back to bit him in the ass because his arrogance is really off the charts. Jason and Erik (figuratively) blowing him and Alexis and Amanda (literally) blowing him every chance they get isn't helping much on that front.

I gotta say that Pavarti is playing a pretty damn good game right now. She's got James wrapped around her fingers. She's in tight with Amanda and Ozzy. She also has the other group of favorites that think she's on their side. I can't see anyone voting for her in the foreseeable future unless she somehow gets outed for having one too many alliances.

My money is on Jason getting the boot next week. If he gets immunity, it will be Erik.

TwineTime 04-13-08 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Goat3001
I gotta say that Pavarti is playing a pretty damn good game right now. She's got James wrapped around her fingers.

I thought it was the other way around?