DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 4/10/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/529210-survivor-micronesia-fans-vs-favorites-4-10-08-a.html)

auto 04-09-08 05:51 PM

Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - 4/10/08

Episode Title:
Spoiler:
I'm in Such a Hot Pickle!

Episode Description:
Spoiler:
The promise of the Hidden Immunity Idol dramatically raises one person's hope for survival...until she sees what it actually looks like! The tribes merge, and the Fans are outnumbered by the Favorites. Will the Fans be able to turn things around to save one of their own? A usually cool Castaway sets her sight on a new target when she spies on this target flirting with her man.

auto 04-09-08 05:53 PM

By the way, I started this thread a day early so we could have the poll close before the episode starts. We can use an individual poll now that we are down to 10 contestants.

aktick 04-09-08 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by auto
By the way, I started this thread a day early so we could have the poll close before the episode starts. We can use an individual poll now that we are down to 10 contestants.

How dare you spoil that they are going to merge! :mad: :p

Voted Alexis. Seems like the fans are much worse off than 4 to the favorite's 6.

Bluelitespecial 04-09-08 09:14 PM

I just can't wait to see Jason think he can try and take down Ozzy and fail miserably.

girlnextdoor 04-10-08 12:08 AM

I picked Alexis and even removed her from my fantasy team on CBS.

Merkin Muffley 04-10-08 02:05 PM

Can't wait for the Eliza/Jason scene from the promo...might have to rewind and replay that one a couple times.

davidh777 04-10-08 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
How dare you spoil that they are going to merge! :mad: :p

:lol: Yeah, they're big on the "they're going to change the tribes!" "they're going to merge!" promos this year.

LiquidSky 04-10-08 02:52 PM

I wish "Teeth" would get the boot.

cdollaz 04-10-08 03:07 PM

Yeah, send "Teeth" home. She is annoying.

zuffy 04-10-08 09:00 PM

Loved the conversation between Eliza and Jason regarding the HII. :lol:

Patman 04-10-08 09:04 PM

The last 20 minutes of the episode were gold. I got some good laughs after the immunity challenge.

mosquitobite 04-10-08 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
The last 20 minutes of the episode were gold. I got some good laughs after the immunity challenge.

rotfl the "immunity idol" reveal will have to be one of the best survivor moments ever. It was pretty smart of Eliza though to risk embarrassment to out that Ozzy has the idol. As soon as I saw Cirie's face I told my husband... "she's going to be pissed she didn't know. Look for her to use it as an opportunity to get rid of him" and then they showed the previews from next week :lol: Cirie's so predictable.

TwineTime 04-10-08 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
I wish "Teeth" would get the boot.

If only. Her edit tells me she's the winner. Plus you have to remember, it's always the one person you're scratching your head as to why they're there who ends up winning "All Stars" editions of reality shows.

Bigsierra 04-10-08 10:00 PM

Why did Jeff throw the fake idol in the fire? How many memorable "Survivor" things do they get that can be auctioned for charity?

Patman 04-10-08 10:08 PM

The music was excellent.

das Monkey 04-10-08 10:31 PM

Best episode ever! rotfl

Eliza: THAT'S NOT THE IDOL!!!
Jason: :shrug: Then that's a bummer.

Ozzy: Come on, Jeff. That took hours to make. :sad:

Loved the challenge. Pushing people to the breaking point to fight for individual immunity is how they should do it every week. Kudos to Jason for beating Ozzy, but it's disappointing that he had to be such a douche about it. :lol: at Not-Amber targeting no-screen-time Alexis as a ginormous threat because Ozzy smiles at her. :lol: at Teeth taking credit for Gollum's departure, as if "messing with" her is the reason Eliza's universally disliked by everyone. The shot of Not-Amber and Teeth laughing and gossiping like the pretty cool kids while Gollum sulked in the distance perfectly captured the personalities of all three of them.

das

Bluelitespecial 04-10-08 10:37 PM

Why do they even bother with these hidden immunity idols in Survivor, its like a death sentence for those who actually find it.

mwbmis 04-10-08 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Why do they even bother with these hidden immunity idols in Survivor, its like a death sentence for those who actually find it.

Yul parlayed it to victory. It got Terry to the final 3 when he definitely would have been voted off when he didn't win immunity. It saved Yau when they blind sided him (before Dreamz blew it for his no chance at a million). It even saved Gary for a tribal council, and sometimes all you need is three days (like Chris in Vanuatu).

cdollaz 04-10-08 11:43 PM

A little more screen time for
http://homepage.mac.com/nigelstewart...edia/chaka.jpg
this episode.

brainee 04-11-08 01:04 AM

I wonder if "Dabu" means anything in Micronesian? Though "Fresizzle" would've been an awesome name.

davidh777 04-11-08 03:08 AM

The "it's just a stick" was funnier when it wasn't Eliza's neck on the block

Red Dog 04-11-08 08:35 AM

Great episode. The only way it would have been better is if Eliza had no doubt that it was the hidden idol. I also loved Amanda's cattiness. That's going to be fun to watch in the next few weeks.

Great challenge.

mphtrilogy 04-11-08 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bigsierra
Why did Jeff throw the fake idol in the fire? How many memorable "Survivor" things do they get that can be auctioned for charity?

Ditto, I thought the same exact thing!

Fun Ep though

LiquidSky 04-11-08 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Kudos to Jason for beating Ozzy, but it's disappointing that he had to be such a douche about it. :lol: at Not-Amber targeting no-screen-time Alexis as a ginormous threat because Ozzy smiles at her. :lol: at Teeth taking credit for Gollum's departure, as if "messing with" her is the reason Eliza's universally disliked by everyone. The shot of Not-Amber and Teeth laughing and gossiping like the pretty cool kids while Gollum sulked in the distance perfectly captured the personalities of all three of them.

Agreed. Not sure why Jason was such an asshat about it. :lol: to Teeth thinking she's so important and Gollum's eyes were bugging out of her head as she snuck around eavesdropping. :lol:

Schloob1 04-11-08 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bigsierra

He did the same exact thing in Survivor China when a "non-idol" was played. Personally I was disappointed that they showed in the previous week the interaction about the fake idol, I knew then when they got to that challenge Jason was going to win since the scene we saw in the preview had not happened and why else would he be showing Eliza the "idol" and more obviously that it would be Eliza going home. Loved Jame's reaction to the fake idol, priceless.