Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Battlestar Galatica Season 4 Premiere, April 4 - He Believeth in Me

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: On a scale of 1 to 5, how would you rate the Season Premiere of BSG?
Ugh, horrible stuff.
2.40%
Eh. I didn’t care for it.
1.60%
It was OK.
12.80%
I enjoyed it.
55.20%
Fantastic episode!
28.00%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Battlestar Galatica Season 4 Premiere, April 4 - He Believeth in Me

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-08, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I greatly enjoyed the premiere whenever Baltar wasn't featured. However, whenever he was onscreen alongside those "devotees" of his, it was nothing but unbearable to sit through. All of his stuff was so poorly written and executed in this episode, not to mention downright idiotic. (I'm also still pissed that no one has discovered that he gave Gina the nuclear warhead; if they had known that at the trial, he would've been tossed out the airlock.)

Anyone else notice how much of a hard-ass Roslin was in this episode? I loved it. Hopefully they'll utilize her more than they did last season.

Originally Posted by al_bundy
baltar, roslin

take your pick
I believe Moore said in the Season Three Companion that the two characters who will absolutely never be revealed as Cylons are President Roslin and Admiral Adama.

Last edited by golden_rod; 04-05-08 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-06-08, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The final Cylon is Muffit.
Old 04-06-08, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
The opening battle was great, but why/how was Anders allowed/able to fly with a bum leg? (In the Season 3 Finale, he was limping a lot.) When Starbuck injured her knee a few years back, Adama was adamant that she not fly that mission where the fleet attacked the Cylon tillium refinery because he said she wouldn't be able to handle the G forces.

All the stuff with Baltar was boring. His beard and locks, the robe, "healing" the boy with prayer--it's all a bit forced (like someone else pointed out). Baltar is The Messiah? Really?

Is Starbuck's hair long because it's supposed to prove she was gone for 2 months?

Like someone else said, I found it hard to believe that a whole compartment aboard Galatica was not being used. Didn't they have refugees set up in the hangar in "The Woman King"? Why weren't they set up in this compartment if it wasn't being used?

I would expect Adama to treat Starbuck like a Cylon in this epsiode because he's military, but I was surprised that Roslin didn't even consider Starbuck's story as being possible. Afterall, Roslin believes in the Scriptures, and she sent Starbuck to retrieve the Arrow of Apollo. And her visions of the Opera House convinced her that Kobol and all the religious legends were real. What happened to her faith? It's like her part was written by someone not familiar with the show.

Watching Starbuck easily take down 3 people at the end was laughable. There were 2 people with guns who proved they're lousy soldiers, and Starbuck's treatment of her husband just gets worse and worse. It's getting harder and harder to like her because she's such a bitch to him (and Lee). And would she really shoot Anders if she found out he was a Cylon? I don't think so because she learned to live and work with Athena. And when KC was lying in the hospital bed, Kara took Leoben's hand on her own. No one forced her to do that, so I've always assumed that was meant to be a sign that her prejudice toward Cylons was beginning to diminish.

If humans hadn't heard from Cylons in 40 years prior to the Attack on the Colonies, and Tigh and Adama have known each other for 40 years, how is it possible that Tigh is a Cylon? Cylons looked like chrome toasters 40 years prior to the attack. They didn't evolve until years later, right? Can someone please shed some light on this? Thanks.

Last edited by Joe Schmoe; 04-06-08 at 01:56 AM.
Old 04-06-08, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see this episode as one of those that moves the plot along - not great, not bad, but just OK.

And the 5th Cylon... can't be Starbuck. Impossible. They've pointed too many clues at her being the 5th Cylon that it would be way too obvious if it were her. It could be Baltar I guess.
Old 04-06-08, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
If humans hadn't heard from Cylons in 40 years prior to the Attack on the Colonies, and Tigh and Adama have known each other for 40 years, how is it possible that Tigh is a Cylon? Cylons looked like chrome toasters 40 years prior to the attack. They didn't evolve until years later, right? Can someone please shed some light on this? Thanks.
This is what I wanna know too...
Old 04-06-08, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
The opening battle was great, but why/how was Anders allowed/able to fly with a bum leg? (In the Season 3 Finale, he was limping a lot.) When Starbuck injured her knee a few years back, Adama was adamant that she not fly that mission where the fleet attacked the Cylon tillium refinery because he said she wouldn't be able to handle the G forces.
they apparently had more vipers and raptops than active pilots and Adama ordered everyone that had ever touched a stick to be activated and given a ship. Boomer wasn't flying prior to that order either as she met up with Anders on the flight deck
Old 04-06-08, 08:44 AM
Banned

Weren't all the human cylon models originally people? So there was a real person, that person had DNA taken, then the cylons built a cylon version.

Tigh could have been a real person who was replaced at some point by a cylon.
Old 04-06-08, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by matta
Weren't all the human cylon models originally people? So there was a real person, that person had DNA taken, then the cylons built a cylon version.
I don't recall anything in the show to indicate this. The closest is that the Cylons used humans when creating the hybrid, but that doesn't prove anything.
Old 04-06-08, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

All the stuff with Baltar was boring. His beard and locks, the robe, "healing" the boy with prayer--it's all a bit forced (like someone else pointed out). Baltar is The Messiah? Really?

Is Starbuck's hair long because it's supposed to prove she was gone for 2 months?

Like someone else said, I found it hard to believe that a whole compartment aboard Galatica was not being used. Didn't they have refugees set up in the hangar in "The Woman King"? Why weren't they set up in this compartment if it wasn't being used?

I would expect Adama to treat Starbuck like a Cylon in this epsiode because he's military, but I was surprised that Roslin didn't even consider Starbuck's story as being possible. Afterall, Roslin believes in the Scriptures, and she sent Starbuck to retrieve the Arrow of Apollo. And her visions of the Opera House convinced her that Kobol and all the religious legends were real. What happened to her faith? It's like her part was written by someone not familiar with the show.

Watching Starbuck easily take down 3 people at the end was laughable. There were 2 people with guns who proved they're lousy soldiers, and Starbuck's treatment of her husband just gets worse and worse. It's getting harder and harder to like her because she's such a bitch to him (and Lee). And would she really shoot Anders if she found out he was a Cylon? I don't think so because she learned to live and work with Athena. And when KC was lying in the hospital bed, Kara took Leoben's hand on her own. No one forced her to do that, so I've always assumed that was meant to be a sign that her prejudice toward Cylons was beginning to diminish.

when things are that bad you need every person you can get to defend the fleet
Old 04-06-08, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Heat
I see this episode as one of those that moves the plot along - not great, not bad, but just OK.

And the 5th Cylon... can't be Starbuck. Impossible. They've pointed too many clues at her being the 5th Cylon that it would be way too obvious if it were her. It could be Baltar I guess.
Isn't it Roslin? Or am I missing something?
Old 04-06-08, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
I hope they get to Earth and it's like future Earth, and either they blow the Cylons out of the sky or it's some sort of drawn out negotion between the three (Cylons can offer everyone free Boomer Copies!).

But you know they will get there and it's going to be past earth and they'll agree to work together or something gay like that.

Edit: And of course it will be Starbuck, since they are giving out so many clues no one will see it coming, reverse reverse

Last edited by SterlingBen; 04-06-08 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-06-08, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Who was the smoking hot chick Baltar felt up? damn this show has some hot women.
and .....Men! Helo. Apollo....
Old 04-06-08, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
I don't recall anything in the show to indicate this. The closest is that the Cylons used humans when creating the hybrid, but that doesn't prove anything.
Watch "Razor" if you haven't seen it, or watch it again if you have.

What I took from "Razor" is this:

Spoiler:
The Cylons grabbed a colony ship during the first war and took the passengers/crew to a remote planet to do experiments to try to create human-looking Cyclons. Once they made a breakthrough, they quickly agreed to a cease-fire. But what they really did was go the their new homeworld to start perfecting their new human Cylon models.

I think that what we'll eventually learn is that their were 12 people on that ship, which is why there are only 12 Cylon models.
Old 04-06-08, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Watch "Razor" if you haven't seen it, or watch it again if you have.

What I took from "Razor" is this:

Spoiler:
The Cylons grabbed a colony ship during the first war and took the passengers/crew to a remote planet to do experiments to try to create human-looking Cyclons. Once they made a breakthrough, they quickly agreed to a cease-fire. But what they really did was go the their new homeworld to start perfecting their new human Cylon models.

I think that what we'll eventually learn is that their were 12 people on that ship, which is why there are only 12 Cylon models.
But that doesn't explain how Adama knew Tigh for 40 years, other than if they swapped him at some point. But it would have had to been recently unless the Cylon models age like humans (do we know if they do?).
Old 04-06-08, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

they will probably overlook that line and forget it was ever said

this is a TV show with every season being written independently of other seasons. the canon wars are old
Old 04-06-08, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
That opening fight sequence was awesome. We need more of that, and less of Baltar.
Old 04-06-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by joefrog91
Any guesses on whom the 5th Cylon is? Lucy Lawless' character says, "Forgive me. I didn't know" when she sees the 5th. That means she's interacted with that person. I need to go back and see if she was mean to any of the fleet in past episodes.
I think the 5th cylon is the kid that Baltar was praying for. He had the same disease that killed all the cylons on a basestar last season.
Old 04-06-08, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by NORML54601
I think the 5th cylon is the kid that Baltar was praying for. He had the same disease that killed all the cylons on a basestar last season.
Did he? I thought the disease that killed the Cylons was encephalitis and the kid had viral meningitis. Could be wrong, though.
Old 04-06-08, 10:04 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Originally Posted by NORML54601
I gotta think that Lee is the other Cylon.

That whole conversation about "what if Zach was a Cylon?" he had with Adama felt a little out of place to me. Also he wasn't on the ship when Watchtower was playing. At this point it's anyone's guess. Personally I just hope that Moore and company haven't dug themselves a whole with no way out. I so want this show to end appropriately and not jump a shark.
Old 04-06-08, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
That opening fight sequence was awesome. We need more of that, and less of Baltar.
So say we all!
Old 04-06-08, 11:03 PM

How many times have the Cylons had the Rag Tag Fleet in there sites and never pulled the trigger?

Also I forget were is Boomer 2's baby (Hera?)?? Didn't they bring Boomer 3 & Baby back when they picked up Baltar from the Basestar?

The baby supposed to be the start of the next generation of Cylon's right?
Why would they kill her with the Galactica?
Old 04-06-08, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Does anyone know what that spinning wheel ship is called and what its purpose is? I liked that they brought it out of the background this week.
Old 04-06-08, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ds6161
How many times have the Cylons had the Rag Tag Fleet in there sites and never pulled the trigger?

Also I forget were is Boomer 2's baby (Hera?)?? Didn't they bring Boomer 3 & Baby back when they picked up Baltar from the Basestar?

The baby supposed to be the start of the next generation of Cylon's right?
Why would they kill her with the Galactica?
That's right! Athena brought Hera back to Galactica after Helo shot her and she resurrected. Why would the Cylons risk killing her by attacking Galactica? And let's not forget: Cally and Tyrol's baby is also a next generation Cylon (human-Cylon hybrid). (Hmm. Maybe none of the Cylons know this except for Tyrol?)
Old 04-07-08, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Maybe Tyrol isnt the father of Cally's baby.

D
Old 04-07-08, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That's right! Athena brought Hera back to Galactica after Helo shot her and she resurrected. Why would the Cylons risk killing her by attacking Galactica? And let's not forget: Cally and Tyrol's baby is also a next generation Cylon (human-Cylon hybrid). (Hmm. Maybe none of the Cylons know this except for Tyrol?)

if the cylons don't know who the final five are they don't know it's Tyrol

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.