Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Battlestar Galatica Season 4 Premiere, April 4 - He Believeth in Me

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: On a scale of 1 to 5, how would you rate the Season Premiere of BSG?
Ugh, horrible stuff.
2.40%
Eh. I didn’t care for it.
1.60%
It was OK.
12.80%
I enjoyed it.
55.20%
Fantastic episode!
28.00%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Battlestar Galatica Season 4 Premiere, April 4 - He Believeth in Me

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-08, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've spent the past January and February catching up with the show, so now the week-long intervals between episodes is going to be a rough stretch to wait through.

They are feinting too much for Kara to be a cylon, so she's been run through the ringer, but is still human.

Did anyone hear Sam gulp when Kara said that she's shoot him between the eyes if he turned out to a cylon? Funny stuff.

Baltar's barber lady is kinda hot, and is my new action hero. That Baltar altar was too funny.

Has Edward Olmos always worn blue-colored contact lenses?
Old 04-04-08, 10:52 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Baltar stuff was a bit ridiculous...I mean, an entire part of the Battlestar just forgotten about by the military? It would make more sense if it was a hidden compartment on some other ship.
Old 04-04-08, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When was Galactica taken over by morons?

Not only are civilians allowed to stay on Galactica, but crazy, Baltar-worshipping civilians? And they get to paint their room?

And no one knows whether to believe Starbuck's story about Earth, so instead of dispatching a raptor to investigate, they just jaunt on their merry way.

And the Watchtower 4 are so concerned that they might go all Terminator at any moment that they'd kill themselves first ... but they don't actually warn anybody.
Old 04-05-08, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was OK, but Starbuck is such a crappy character that it's hard for me to care about anything she says. Seriously, she's just completely unsympathetic as written.

I'm still hoping they arrive at Earth this season and discover a whole fleet of basestars surrounding the planet.
Old 04-05-08, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I thought it was phenomenal. Baltar rules!
Old 04-05-08, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
It was OK, but Starbuck is such a crappy character that it's hard for me to care about anything she says. Seriously, she's just completely unsympathetic as written.
I don't agree. She's someone who was abused as a child (both mentally and physically) by her mother, and clearly shows the signs of it in her adult life. Maybe you had a great family life, so it's harder for you to relate - but trust me, I've got plenty of issues from coming from a broken home, so I totally get it (even if my life doesn't come close to mirroring hers).

Sure, she's made some bad calls, but she's also done plenty of good things, too. Her flaws, and trying to deal with and overcome them are exactly what make her character rich.
Old 04-05-08, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
When was Galactica taken over by morons?
No, just the sci-fi channel.

Not only are civilians allowed to stay on Galactica, but crazy, Baltar-worshipping civilians? And they get to paint their room?
Well, there have been civilian refugees on board for a while now (watch "The Woman King" if you can stomach it). As for the "missing" compartment, I think the general impression is that Galactica is understaffed (it was due to be decommissioned). It's a huge ship, and I'm sure "somebody" knows there are squatters in an unused storage area, but they don't really care.
Old 04-05-08, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by N2DVD
I thought the Baltar stuff was a bit awkward...
Just wait when he's baptizing people, gets nailed to a cross, and is resurrected.
Old 04-05-08, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And no one knows whether to believe Starbuck's story about Earth, so instead of dispatching a raptor to investigate, they just jaunt on their merry way.
Well, everybody thinks she's a cylon, since she apparently blew up and came back.
Old 04-05-08, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
I agree, I find her totally unlikeable. Everyone else on this show has been through hard times and shown some resulting flaws but have still managed to stay sympathetic. Starbuck is all flaws and melodrama and has never done anything to redeem herself. She's the walking definition of "bitch."
Old 04-05-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
Just wait when he's baptizing people, gets nailed to a cross, and is resurrected.
Good thing he shaved off that Jesus beard
Old 04-05-08, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pretty good episode. Loved the dogfight at the beginning but I was bored everytime the Baltar story was featured.
Old 04-05-08, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by starseed1981
I thought it was phenomenal. Baltar rules!
It's so true. As much as I love everything about this show, Baltar rules the whole damn thing for me.

Great start to the final season, and I thought Katee Sackhoff was really good in this episode. I love me some Starbuck too. I really wonder how that story is going to play out, there's so many possibilities.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 04-05-08, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
Technically, I think his cultees already believe that he's on his way, in a way (left for dead at Caprica, coming back after being held by the Cyclons.) Some of the symbology was very forced.

I liked the comment by Tigh that Baltar's Cyclon detector was a piece of crap because it did not identify Boomer, when in fact, it did... HA!
Old 04-05-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
I thought it was a damn good episode with the exception of all the Baltar stuff. The dog fight with the Cylons at the beginning was great TV.

Remember at the end of Razor when the Cylon God revealed to Kendra Shaw?

Spoiler:

That Kara Thrace will lead the human race to it's doom.

I am looking forward to seeing if that whole storyline comes back into play this season.
Old 04-05-08, 01:45 PM

Baltar cracks me up! When the woman placed his hands on her breasts (off camera) and she asked if he felt God's presence..."Why yes. I believe I do" Great stuff! Man I am glad this show is back! Next week Sarah Jane joins the lineup and the week after..The Doctor is in!! The kick-ass Sci-Fi Friday night is back!!

Take care all!!
Old 04-05-08, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by ds6161
When Baltar walked into the "hideout" all I saw were women. I was like "Baltar gets taken into an all women cult, FRAK." Then I saw a few men in the background.
I thought of this during the start the scene.

Oh, I’m afraid our life must seem very dull and quiet compared to yours. We are but eight score young blondes and brunettes, all between sixteen and nineteen-and-a-half, cut off in this castle with no one to protect us. Oh, it is a lonely life. Bathing, dressing, undressing, knitting exciting underwear. We are just not used to handsome knights!
Old 04-05-08, 05:20 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Who was the smoking hot chick Baltar felt up? damn this show has some hot women.
Old 04-05-08, 06:32 PM

No one has talked about how Pres. R acted right before the power failure. Like she had a headache or felt it coming... Adama starts to go to her & bam no power.
This was in the last minutes of season 3 finale. You kinda see her in the catch up when the power comes back on..
Like the little talk were Apollo says Pres. R is staying in Adama's quarters?
Old 04-05-08, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
Torchwood
BSG S4 yesterday
Doctor Who S4 starts next week
Sara Jane S1 the week after
and (guilty pleasure) Robin Hood on BBCA resumes the week after that

Man, April just gets better and better
Old 04-05-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any guesses on whom the 5th Cylon is? Lucy Lawless' character says, "Forgive me. I didn't know" when she sees the 5th. That means she's interacted with that person. I need to go back and see if she was mean to any of the fleet in past episodes.
Old 04-05-08, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by joefrog91
Any guesses on whom the 5th Cylon is? Lucy Lawless' character says, "Forgive me. I didn't know" when she sees the 5th. That means she's interacted with that person. I need to go back and see if she was mean to any of the fleet in past episodes.
baltar, roslin

take your pick
Old 04-05-08, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by joefrog91
People always assume it's Tigh because he was tortured on New Caprica, but we never knew which Cylon did it. I think she was referring to Anders because she shot him in a season 2 episode back on Caprica.
Old 04-05-08, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't read spoilers or even watch previews, so here's my shot-in-the-dark guess on the last Cylon:

Spoiler:
Adama's "dead" son Zak. Seemed odd that he was brought up in the viewing room. It'd be a Greek tragedy-esque twist in a show filled with Greek allusions. Did the audience ever actually see him die in a flashback?
Old 04-05-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Originally Posted by packaok
I don't believe that is what was meant... Episode 11 (or 10) was meant to stand as the season finale, not the series finale. That was in case the strike dragged on, they could call it a season at that point.
No, the feeling was that if the strike went on too long, a series already on shaky legs like BSG would just get dumped, rather than gear up everything for just nine episodes.

From this site http://roadrunnerdm.livejournal.com/84288.html

Episode 4.11 is the last episode they filmed before shutting down on Friday, and Katee said it could serve as a SERIES finale...if necessary...but she personally believes the strike will be resolved no later than January and they will resume filming soon after.
I originally read it on the Battlestar Wiki. It seems likely to me that they shot two endings like Jericho did, just in case.

Anyways, just watched this on Hulu (horrible timing with the commercials, is it really that hard to put them where the natural breaks are? )

Loved the Baltar stuff, having head-Six call him out on his prayer was a nice callback to some of her past tricks. And of course Baltar "feeling the presence of God" was a great bit.

I can understand how a lot of people find Kara unsympathetic, but as some others have said, when you come from a broken home, you're not exactly always levelheaded and on your A-game. I don't have firsthand experience or anything, but I've known people that are like this, and you're constantly torn between wanting to hug them and wanting to toss them out an airlock.

Maybe we'll see it next week, but it does seem unlikely that the Admiral would hardly give Starbuck even the time of day, even with her mysterious comings and goings, especially in light of what he did for in S1 "You Can't Go Home Again". The president really seems to have him wrapped around her little finger.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.