Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST -- "Meet Kevin Johnson" -- 03.20.2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-08, 09:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
So it seems Ben probably "told" Richard and the Others that the 3 of them would be coming that direction, and to kill Carl and Danielle? lol, what a cold hearted SOB.
How would Ben have communicated that to Richard? Too far away for W-T's.
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
why is it lame?
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cracksky

Hes got mind powers.
Old 03-20-08, 09:27 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
ya i'm thinking that was people from the frieghter.
Old 03-20-08, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I'm betting the boat's assault team is on the island. Remember Frank had to leave on an "errand" last week.
No. Frank is trying to find a helipad in the middle of the jungle where Charlotte and Dan are.
Old 03-20-08, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
i dont think that even Ben would kill Alex's mother.
Old 03-20-08, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DthRdrX
People are assuming Ben had something to do with the shootings, the same way many assumed he had something to do with the fake plane. I doubt he would put Alex in that situation.

I'm betting the boat's assault team is on the island. Remember Frank had to leave on an "errand" last week.
I think Ben did have something to do with the plane wreck. I don't think Whitmore is there to kill everyone. I don't think Ben is the hero I think he is the villain. So, yeah I think Ben had those 2 killed on purpose.

But I'm usually wrong.
Old 03-20-08, 09:29 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess the same way he sent Harper to talk to Juliet...but of course that could've been Smokey, so I don't know.

Why wouldn't the people from the freighter just shoot them with, ya know, guns? I suppose maybe they wanted to be quiet, but you'd think they'd have silencers if they were worried about making noise.
Old 03-20-08, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, it is finally nice to know we can put to rest who the Oceanic 6 are. Glad to see that I was right all this time in my thinking that Aaron was one of the 6, at least according to ABC promos that is

Overall a pretty solid episode, now the agony begins of having to wait 5 weeks
Old 03-20-08, 09:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by whotony
i dont think that even Ben would kill Alex's mother.
It doesn't make a ton of sense, does it? Why not just send Alex and Carl? Unless he's getting selfish again - like how he sent Goodwin on a suicide mission so he could have Juliet to himself. He doesn't want to share Alex with Danielle?
Old 03-20-08, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I guess we will know by season 6 which of the two (Ben or Widmore) actually has evil plans. Maybe Widmore is actually a scorned ex-lover of Ben who just wants to exact his revenge and the island was Ben's last place of refuge.
Old 03-20-08, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't get how Tom was able to go meet Michael in New York and make it back to the island. Ben said they couldn't find their way back to the island after the hatch explosion since it knocked out the beacon that would lead the sub back.

I guess Ben could have been lying about the whole thing though.
Old 03-20-08, 09:34 PM
Banned

Why wouldn't the people from the freighter just shoot them with, ya know, guns? I suppose maybe they wanted to be quiet, but you'd think they'd have silencers if they were worried about making noise.
That attack at the end absolutely came from Ben's group from the Temple. No way it came from people on the freighter.
Old 03-20-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
And it doesn't make sense that Ben could possibly be the one that planted the plane and all of the bodies but yet have a problem scraping together 3 million dollars. Logic would tell you that Widmore had to be the one to stage the plane wreckage, but then again maybe the Lost writers didn't think of that and are spinning a web of deceit without thinking everything through. And the island controls all bit kind of takes it a little too far.
Old 03-20-08, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I am up in the Pittsburgh area and just caught Lost from the local affiliate and was surprised to see that they altered the show's aspect ratio to make it full screen. Is it common anywhere else in the country? I wouldn't think they would be allowed, especially since they seemed to alter the entire feed, commercials included.

And about moving back to 10 pm.
Old 03-20-08, 09:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Puzznic
I don't get how Tom was able to go meet Michael in New York and make it back to the island. Ben said they couldn't find their way back to the island after the hatch explosion since it knocked out the beacon that would lead the sub back.

I guess Ben could have been lying about the whole thing though.
There has to be alternate ways back and forth which is why I think the door on the map is so important to find in the mountains.
Old 03-20-08, 09:40 PM
Suspended

That attack at the end absolutely came from Ben's group from the Temple. No way it came from people on the freighter.
Yeah, seems like the obvious option. Guys from the freighter would've just shot them with those MP5s or whatever they were shooting clay pigeons with.
Old 03-20-08, 09:41 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by thegame370
Mr. Friendly is dead, that all took place before Sawyer smoked him at the end of Season 3.

ohhh, right. it's easy to get confused when it comes to Lost.
Old 03-20-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isn't the non-HD feed 4:3 aspect ratio? It is here in central Iowa. Only the HD broadcast is widescreen.
Old 03-20-08, 09:45 PM

random thought about tonight's show:

desmond said less than 5 words. ghost libby said more than he did.
Old 03-20-08, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Anytime I see Brian K. Vaughan listed as the writer (or one of the writers), I know I'm in for an interesting episode, and for the most part, it was a good plot-laden episode.

Sayid's reaction to Michael's new "employer" was ironic considering what we know of Sayid's future employer too.

I find it kind of weird how people thought Mr. Friendly was anything but gay after his word to Kate (her not being his type), I thought he was pretty clear in his meaning, but at least it's finally cleared up for good.

Is it me, or has Alex gotten hotter in the past couple of seasons? I won't believe Rousseau's dead until they show her being buried. But with a huge cast of characters, I can see why they were clearing out some of them.

Cynthia Watros' scenes were so brief, blink and you missed them.
Old 03-20-08, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I guess the same way he sent Harper to talk to Juliet...but of course that could've been Smokey, so I don't know.

Well, they were shooting guns earlier in the episode. I can only image the writer's were trying to let us connect the dots.
Old 03-20-08, 09:55 PM
Banned

Interesting how Mr. Friendly told us that the island won't let Michael kill himself because he has more work to do. Maybe the island also caused Jack to come down from the bridge so he can go back and save the rest of the survivors.

Of course, Charlie told Hugo that he has more work to do as well.
Old 03-20-08, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman

Sayid's reaction to Michael's new "employer" was ironic considering what we know of Sayid's future employer too.
That's exactly why I've believed Ben about Widmore faking the plane crash, and trying to kill everyone on the island. Why else would Sayid work for him freely, following Michael doing the same thing.
Old 03-20-08, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I doubt it. The Other's have never attacked like that, not to mention most of their warriors are confirmed dead from the season 3 finale. That plus, Ben would have flipped on them for shooting near Alex.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.