Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

LOST -- "Meet Kevin Johnson" -- 03.20.2008

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-19-08, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Meet Kevin Johnson"

Sayid confronts Ben's spy aboard the freighter; Ben urges Alex to leave Locke's camp before it is attacked.
Old 03-19-08, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
About time this episode hits. We've only been waiting an eternity to catch up on what happened to Michael and Walt.
Old 03-19-08, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
indeed.

better be good.
Old 03-20-08, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
i read it's a flash forward of jack getting new tattoos.
Old 03-20-08, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait!
Old 03-20-08, 03:25 AM

Going to be nice to finally see the whole Ben/Walt/Michael thing roll out. Really excited.
Old 03-20-08, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Each episode of this show is always eagerly awaited, but this certain episode is seasons in the making, highly anticipated! Hope it lives up to the hype, sure it will
Old 03-20-08, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The significance of the name Kevin Johnson is that Kevin Johnson was a professional basketball player who played for the Phoenix Suns. There is also a Kevin Johnson who played in the NFL. 2 people who did 2 different jobs who shared the same name, so this could be a clone of Michael probably.
Old 03-20-08, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by redrum
i read it's a flash forward of jack getting new tattoos.
I heard it was a flashback of the tattoos and we find out the ink for them was the same ink from the fountain pen that was used to write the captain's log of the Black Rock.

Spoiler:

Either that, or they'll reveal the tattoos are actually the last member of O6

Either way, can't wait!
Old 03-20-08, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Spoilers for tonight

Spoiler:
Are you sure?
Spoiler:

Episode 4.08: Meet Kevin Johnson (Michael-centric) [Last episode completed before the writers' strike]
Airdate: March 20, 2008

* new 03/18 - TV Guide reaveals: There is a "darkly revelatory" series of flash BACKS involving Michael in Manhattan following his return to civilization. Four dead characters show up in this episode. (Friendly, Libby, Minkowski, Regina.) According to Cuse: "It's safe to say Michael's return to the outside world did not work out in any way he hoped or planned." Walt shows up briefly. (And as a child, not taller ghost Walt proportions.) According to Lindelof "He [Harold Perrineau] was always coming back on the freighter, it was just a matter of [when] we were gonna reveal the freighter." Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog
* new 03/17 - The current print edition of TV Guide (March 10-16) drops some spoilers regarding what's to come in Lost's late season: we may learn in the March 20 episode (4.08, Meet Kevin Johnson) whether Michael ever reached the mainland, if he's come back to rescue the other survivors, whether he went home. Source: DocArzt's Lost Blog
* 03/12 - Walt does appear in episode eight, but 100-percent-trustworthy sources tell me that during his blink-of-an-eye appearance, "He is exactly the size that a nine-year-old should be." Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 02/29 - Sayid confronts Ben's spy on the freighter, and Ben urges daughter Alex to flee Locke's camp in order to survive an impending attack. Guest starring are Cynthia Watros as Libby, M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly/Tom, Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Blake Bashoff as Karl, Marsha Thomason as Naomi Dorrit, Ken Leung as Miles Straume, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Kevin Durand as Keamy, Anthony Azizi as Omar, Fisher Stevens as George Minkowski, Grant Bowler as Captain Gault, Jill Kuramoto as female anchor, Galyn Gorg as nurse, Starletta DuPois as mom, William P. Ogilivie as Gus, Francesco Simone as Arturo and James Locke as mechanic. Source: ABC
* 01/30 - Andrew reveals: I worked as an extra on Lost for the 8th episode of the upcoming 4th season,and I can confirm that it is a Michael-centric episode that takes place between the time he left up until present time on the island. I was one of the extras in NY where Michael ends up and meets Tom. On the set there was a lot of talk about how Tom could be there and there were the theories of the Orchid going around. Source: Lost Spoilers
* 01/23 - The eight-episode run also holds the key to where traitorous Michael has been since last seen sailing off in the Others' boat with son Walt at the end of Season 2. Sources say Michael will prove to be integral to what is currently the season's cliff-hanger-esque Episode 8. Source: TV Guide
* 12/13/2007 - Looking for actors from Tunisia for looping/voice over session. Must speak Fluent French. Source: Lost Spoilers
* 12/02/2007 - Although Lost production has essentially wrapped for the year, cameras are still rolling here and there for mobisodes, pick-ups and reshoots.[...] I got an email from Brian and his friend Joel this morning. Here's what they saw: "They were shooting a bunch of scenes with Harold Perrineau coming out of a NYC apartment building, getting in a green car, reading some folded paper that he pulled out of his pocket, and speeding away in his car down the street." A brief scene, to be sure, but it obviously connects to the New York scene they filmed a few blocks away on Nov. 15. Note that the green Dodge Aspen that Michael was driving last night was also part of that earlier shoot, where I'd picked up talk of a car crash. I knew the car wasn't long for this world (thanks to the friend of a friend of a Dodge Aspen owner), but I didn't know until now that it was Michael behind the wheel. Source: Hawaii Blog
* 11/18/2007 - [Cynthia] Watros and [Harold] Perrineau will show up in Episode 8. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 11/18/2007 - From Fiji to New York City, it's been a busy week for Lost. The production returned to Chapin Lane (which previously played Bangkok in a Jack flashback) and the area around Mark's Garage to recreate the Big Apple. Streets were lit up with the Christmas spirit, and people bundled up for the imaginary winter cold. The omnipresent green newsstand was also standing by. A narrow alley, a busy street, a New York Yellow Cab. What could possibly happen here? As it turns out, the "where" and "what" weren't the half of it. It's the "who" that's the real surprise. Over the course of the evening, I and another Lost fan who lived in the apartment building across the street spotted a veritable parade of familiar faces. Harold Perrineau seemed to be the center of attention, which is hardly a surprise since we've seen him in Manhattan. Indeed, his clean cut look suggests that this is a flashback. But who should he meet in a narrow alley, but one M.C. Gainey. And it's not a friendly encounter, either, involving a gun, and a fistfight. The sounds of the confrontation echo down Honolulu streets. Christmas lights are strung everywhere. Smoke machines blanket the ground with white fog. Lights and camera cranes are brought in, as older cars are fitted with New York plates. And what's this? A car crash? Source: Hawaii Blog
* 11/18/2007 - Kewalo Basin, the small commercial harbor in Kaka'ako, was transformed into the Port of Suva, Fiji's largest port and gateway to its capital city. It was hard to miss the huge "PORT OF SUVA" signs added to the old Kewalo Shipyard building. The freighter Kahana was docked, and a thatched-roof pavilion and Fijian tour bus stood by. Is this Naomi's freighter? Even though she said the wreckage of Oceanic Flight 815 had been discovered in an ocean trench off Bali, the pilot had said he had turned back and was attempting to reach Fiji when the plane broke up over The Island. Or could it be another ship, and another time? Who ends up in Fiji, and when? All the answers will come in due time. But whoever is on board, I'm sure he'll make a splash. Source: Hawaii Blog
* 11/12/2007 - Ryan from Hawaii Blog revealed: First, the setting was a port somewhere in the South Pacific, second was the presence of a huge Freighter. Could this be the freighter that brought the Minkowskites to the island? Let's not forget that the Oceanic 815 wreckage was also discovered somewhere in the South Pacific. Source: Lost Spoilers
* 11/11/2007 - There is a mini-cliff-hanger at the end of Episode 8, but it's like the end of an exciting book chapter; it's not the end of the novel. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
Old 03-20-08, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Aphex Twin
The significance of the name Kevin Johnson is that Kevin Johnson was a professional basketball player who played for the Phoenix Suns. There is also a Kevin Johnson who played in the NFL. 2 people who did 2 different jobs who shared the same name, so this could be a clone of Michael probably.
WTF?

Now you're just trying to gamble a guess at what you can say "told ya so" about after this airs. Cloning is one thing, but cloning a full grown man?
Old 03-20-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
WTF?

Now you're just trying to gamble a guess at what you can say "told ya so" about after this airs. Cloning is one thing, but cloning a full grown man?
joke

-------------

RFDuncan's Head.
Old 03-20-08, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
So who wants to put money down Michael will say "They took my boy" at least once?
Old 03-20-08, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
So who wants to put money down Michael will say "They took my boy" at least once?
The over under on "they took my boy" and "my boy, Walt!" references has to be something like 5.
Old 03-20-08, 11:46 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
The over under on "they took my boy" and "my boy, Walt!" references has to be something like 5.

that got tired real quick.
Old 03-20-08, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Mild spoiler:

Spoiler:

A friend of mine was listening to a local radio station this morning and they were talking to Harold Perrineau.

When the DJ mentioned that Michael is coming back as a spy for Ben, Perrineau said "well Ben thinks I am a spy for him", and then made a comment that he may have let too much slip. So take that as you will.

Old 03-20-08, 02:58 PM

mc chris on Jack:

mc chris jack vs grimes
<embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=30062040&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed>
Old 03-20-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only thing that sucks about tonight is the month and a half wait we will have!!
Old 03-20-08, 04:46 PM
Suspended

So there's no "enhanced episode" airing before the new one tonight...I don't suppose they have it online? I really liked watching the previous week's episode again with the new info.
Old 03-20-08, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by aktick
So there's no "enhanced episode" airing before the new one tonight...I don't suppose they have it online? I really liked watching the previous week's episode again with the new info.
Me too. I was hoping they'd keep it up so they could eventually land on the DVD/Blu-ray as an optional feature. I'd buy THAT for a dollar!
Old 03-20-08, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I wish it would hurry up and be 8.

I'm eagerly anticipating this episode. Hopefully it delivers big time. Also, I'm sad it's going off air for as long as it is (it will be a torturous five weeks for me) but at least it's coming back a few hours before my birthday - it's like an early present for me to unwrap!
Old 03-20-08, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, at least is not the last episode of the season.
Old 03-20-08, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm a little concerned for the episode because (if I'm remembering right) the showrunners didn't really want this one shown until the 2nd half, and didn't think it was a great place to leave folks hanging. Wasn't it the network that *made* them broadcast this ep?
Old 03-20-08, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
Reall? I did not know they added info in the replay of the episode. Any place I can go to get what the additional information was?
Old 03-20-08, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenage
Reall? I did not know they added info in the replay of the episode. Any place I can go to get what the additional information was?
they are streaming at abc.com

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.