Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Biggest Loser: Couples

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-08, 01:28 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TwineTime
Umm...I'm pretty sure the complaint about not voting Jay is because of the fact that it's a better strategy to keep the women around you in the finals. If any of the men left want the money, they should be doing everything in their power to make sure they are one of the only men left at the end.

Shouldn't the #1 part of any strategy be to ensure that *you* are there for the final four? From that POV, their strategy seems to be about as good as one can get.
Old 03-24-08, 01:43 PM

I can give you a list of people who made the Final 4 on tons of these shows who either ended up losing because they were surrounded by contestants with tighter bonds or because their strategies were nonexistent. I know winning the Biggest Loser is "up to the finalist", but it helps to not be surrounded by big threats, especially ones who started off looking like every other Biggest Loser winner in history.

The product placement is hilarious.
Old 03-24-08, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bob: Ok guys its time to make some food...

Dan: the only way i cooked was calling dominos...

Bob: well cooking fish is simple... Ziplock...made these new bags that you can cook anything in the microwave.... once cooked... it will be just as good on the grill...

Dan: wow bob... now i can be a rockstar and be full...
Old 03-24-08, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by krkuhl
i missed the elimination show (too many other programs being taped (: )
does anyone know if there is a web link to watch the show available?
Whole episodes aren't available. I've looked. Maybe try a file sharing site. Otherwise, best you can do is get clips from NBC's Biggest Loser site.
Old 03-26-08, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

what a great episode! I just wish the girls would've said something rude when Dan came in to their room. Wish Kelly would've said something to Roger like HAHA or something more childish after the way he treated her last week when she said she wouldn't vote for Brittany. I wonder what the difference was this week with Jillian compared to Brittany's routine last week seeing as how Ali lost 6 and Kelly 7 lbs this week.

Looks like a good one next week, and I surely hope Mark's head in his hands means Jay is going bye bye.

The ad placement for the popcorn seemed to fit the "story line" but the one with Bob was like huh? out of nowhere - which is probably why I don't remember what he was talking about, either. Maybe that's just because I don't like him this season.
Old 03-26-08, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Alison Sweeney was hot in red and glasses.

Btw, I always eat "I am a commercialized whore" for breakfast. its great, lots of protein and low cal, you should too!"
Old 03-26-08, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Guess Dan should have rethought his voting strategy last week... Too late now. And now, all I care about is that Roger doesnt win. Give me a break. Of course you keep getting numbers, you're the fattest one there idiot.
Old 03-26-08, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Guess Dan should have rethought his voting strategy last week... Too late now. And now, all I care about is that Roger doesnt win. Give me a break. Of course you keep getting numbers, you're the fattest one there idiot.
I think it's more like he should have rethought his workout/eating strategy because he still would have been gone no matter how he voted last week, for if Britt was still around and had fallen below the yellow line with him do you think the group would have voted to keep him around? And even if Britt would have been able to get above the line, Dan still would be perceived as a bigger threat than Mark and would be gone.
Old 03-26-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

poor dan... even though... Dan only managed to lose 10 lbs having left the ranch...
Old 03-26-08, 09:04 AM

my wife and I are hooked on this show also.

but i will say. those ziplock steamer bags really do work. LOL.
not a product placement but i'd rather use those to steam up veggies than break out our veggie steamer and wait 30 min.

i'd like to see whats her name from the pink team win.
Old 03-26-08, 09:24 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by raven56706
poor dan... even though... Dan only managed to lose 10 lbs having left the ranch...
Ha, he's been too busy moving to L.A. to become a rock star. I swear, Dan cracks me up because he's clinging to this super-generic, cliched notion of a 'rock star'. It's so fabricated and obvious, like he's doing a paint-by-numbers version of it... "Get tattoo? Check. Rocker haircut? Check. Move to L.A.? Check."
Old 03-26-08, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by monkyskunk
And even if Britt would have been able to get above the line, Dan still would be perceived as a bigger threat than Mark and would be gone.
Not sure I agree with that part. I think Kelly, Brit and Ali would have thrown him a bone if he helped the women have a chance to win the top prize. Remember, Dan was originally part of their alliance (minus Ali).
Old 03-26-08, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

it would be hilarious if in the Where are they now feature... the gender of the person changed....

imagine dan

I've lost 10 lbs more and now my name is Daniella
Old 03-26-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not too mention the guaranteed vote of Jay as well would have been gone...
Old 03-26-08, 02:39 PM

It's really sad that I was super excited to see the guys get pwned last night.

Dan's weeping prior to voting was pathetic.
Old 03-26-08, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dan reminded me of Patrick Dempsey's character in Can't Buy Me Love: he was a loner without any friends, but when he becomes part of the cool crowd, he becomes a complete dick.

I really liked him earlier this season, when he was with his mom, but it was hard to watch him as he fell in tight with the Pride on Three gang. I think he really forgot this was a game, and most importantly, he forgot how quickly this crowd initially threw his mother under the bus and he was the outsider from the get-go. But then they had a huge winning streak and he got swept up in the testerone and suddenly thought he had formed some sort of brotherhood with these guys.

He really should have woken up and started to think for himself. If he would have thought about it, he should have realized he would be the first to go out of the 4, especially since Jay and Mark are going to vote as one.

Last week, if he had formed an alliance with Brittany, Kelly, and Ali they could have voted out Jay and had the numbers to take out Mark next.
Old 03-26-08, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by TwineTime
Not sure I agree with that part. I think Kelly, Brit and Ali would have thrown him a bone if he helped the women have a chance to win the top prize. Remember, Dan was originally part of their alliance (minus Ali).
If they were playing nice, then that would be one way of looking at, but if they were playing the game then I think Dan would have been the better choice. Danny only lost a pound, so the women might have been afraid he was going to put up a big number at the next weigh in, whereas Mark would have been more likely to put up the same number he did this week, given that he just doesnt have the weight to lose as the other guys. Keeping Mark would have given the women their best chance of having at least one guy below the line.
Old 03-26-08, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't get why Ali was bitching about the guys ganging up on them in the challenge. Hello, they are in a clique, what do you expect?

I really hope Kelly wins it. I don't like Ali or any of the other remaining members.
Old 04-01-08, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mark's wife "you're crying again?" when he called her from Australia
Old 04-01-08, 09:18 PM

Happy to see the hormonal men fall one by one. Hope Mark or Roger goes next.
Old 04-02-08, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No more Jay No Jillian next week even at the weigh in???
Old 04-02-08, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

funny to see grown men cry so god damn much
Old 04-02-08, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I dont think I cried that much when I was a baby... I think its time to start a drinking game.
Old 04-02-08, 07:54 AM

Was there a problem with the HD feed? We DVRd it and when we went to watch it, we had 2 hours of blank screen.
Old 04-02-08, 10:19 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, can someone remind me... is the final winner determined by total amount of weight lost since they first came to the ranch, or is it based on the amount they lose at home after their last ranch weigh-in?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.