Reload this Page >

Biggest Loser: Couples

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Biggest Loser: Couples

Old 03-14-08, 05:20 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
watch this show all the time...didnt think anyone else did here

I don't get all the love for Brit/Maggie and the black team in general, they're hypocrites and always have the eye rolls and snide remarks just like everyone else...only one i like on that team now is Kelly

As for the Blue team, ya the weeping has been out of control and Roger's tattoo is horrible, looks like a child drew a football on his arm

Last edited by BigDogg; 03-15-08 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-15-08, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This show has been on season pass for some time now. Hate missing a week. I only missed week one when the first team was eliminated.

I'm sick of the guys crying too. Gesus, they are only going home. And soon as Mark comes back on, he cries again. Damn!

I hate the mens' inflated egos too. The women work just as hard or harder but have a rough time of it. I loved when Jillian blew up. Based on the fat percentages, women may never win this competition.

The exercises are all supervised by trainers Bob and Jillian so I can't see how bad the form could be. They are top trainers.

It's unbelievable that many of these people are losing 100lbs in just 10 weeks. Incredible amount of weight in such a short amount of time.
Old 03-19-08, 07:22 AM

These guys sure do cry a lot.
Old 03-19-08, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Mark is one of the biggest cry babies out there...

not to mention he yells and screams like a baby.... btw Brittany is beginning to look better....

still rooting for Dan....
Old 03-19-08, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dammit... Oh well, it was pretty clear Brit was going, but I think Dan and Roger made a mistake by not voting off Jay. You still have 2 brothers and they are never going to vote against the other so that was their chance. Plus Brittany is never going to lose more than 2-3 pounds per week no matter how hard she works at this point, and not going to be a real threat to win, so she was by far the weakest.

And hard to believe, Mark starts balling like a baby eventhough he just got back from being home.
Old 03-19-08, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dumb dumb dumb. Dan and Roger should have thought strategically and voted off Jay - he is a threat and they need to split up the brothers voting bloc. They are idiots for thinking this is some sort of bond they have. Don't they know once it gets down to just them they are going to have vote each other off anyway?

Jay screamed like a girl when he saw his wife and I laughed when his wife called him on it.

Last edited by Jadzia; 03-19-08 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-19-08, 01:17 PM
Suspended

anyone else think Dan's new "rockstar haircut" makes him look like a girl
Old 03-19-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dan looked a little butch
Old 03-19-08, 05:15 PM

Like a butch lesbian maybe. He needs to stop going on about how "rock star" he is. In addition, he needs to lose the game now. Stupid people should not be rewarded for stupid gameplay.

Go Kelly!
Old 03-19-08, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BigDogg
anyone else think Dan's new "rockstar haircut" makes him look like a girl
i made that comment to my wife.. when he first showed off his new haircut to bob.. he looked just like ellen degeneres to me

oh wait.. you said a girl
Old 03-19-08, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, that whole "were bros and stick together" is going to comeback and bite dan and roger in the ass when the real brothers both vote their asses off together.
Old 03-19-08, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Yeah, that whole "were bros and stick together" is going to comeback and bite dan and roger in the ass when the real brothers both vote their asses off together.
not really.. what is it.. the final 4 or 6 that get sent home for the final round/weigh in?

either way.. if they guys stick together, they have a decent chance of knocking out the other 2 chicks in the next couple weeks.. then at worse case, all 4 guys go home and come back together for the finale.

if by chance 2 guys end up in the bottom 2 and the girls are safe.. they would probably go after mark first, then roger.

unless roger and dan end up in the bottom 2 together.. they *should* be pretty safe
Old 03-20-08, 08:57 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by raven56706
Mark is one of the biggest cry babies out there...

not to mention he yells and screams like a baby.... btw Brittany is beginning to look better....

still rooting for Dan....

I couldn't agree more about Mark - very unlikable. When they did the "bring back weigh in", I was praying for one of the other guys to win it.

I'm rooting for Dan too, as I think the guys have pretty much played the game to the point where they can ensure they are the final contestents.
Old 03-20-08, 09:05 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by twikoff
not really.. what is it.. the final 4 or 6 that get sent home for the final round/weigh in?

either way.. if they guys stick together, they have a decent chance of knocking out the other 2 chicks in the next couple weeks.. then at worse case, all 4 guys go home and come back together for the finale.

if by chance 2 guys end up in the bottom 2 and the girls are safe.. they would probably go after mark first, then roger.

unless roger and dan end up in the bottom 2 together.. they *should* be pretty safe

Right.

My wife made a comment like some of the other members here about the guys missing the opportunity of voting off the "threat". But, IIRC, previous BL seasons ended with the final four home for some time, then coming back for a final weigh off (as opposed to voting down past those four). If they continue in that format, the four guys can keep their alliance and ensure they all make the final four - unless two of them are below the line at the same time. If they had voted against Jay, then the alliance would fall apart and their risk of getting voted off changes dramatically.
Old 03-20-08, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Dead
I couldn't agree more about Mark - very unlikable. When they did the "bring back weigh in", I was praying for one of the other guys to win it.
I was really hoping for Trent to come back... He was really the one in the group of guys I was rooting for.
Old 03-20-08, 02:02 PM

Umm...I'm pretty sure the complaint about not voting Jay is because of the fact that it's a better strategy to keep the women around you in the finals. If any of the men left want the money, they should be doing everything in their power to make sure they are one of the only men left at the end.
Old 03-20-08, 02:26 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by twikoff
For the short run, if your goal is simply 'make it to the finale' then, yeah, it's great. But it's a dumb strategy in the long run because you set it up so you are now competing in the finale against all three of the strongest competitors.

Edit: Oops, didn't see Twine Time's post above me...
Old 03-20-08, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, at this point the only person I think it is safe to keep around for the final is jerky Mark. He doesn't really have any weight left to lose now that he has met his goal.
Old 03-21-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i missed the elimination show (too many other programs being taped (: )
does anyone know if there is a web link to watch the show available?
Old 03-23-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Its NBC - have you tried NBC.com or hulu.com?

Originally Posted by krkuhl
i missed the elimination show (too many other programs being taped (: )
does anyone know if there is a web link to watch the show available?
Old 03-24-08, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can't believe no one has commented on all the freaking in show advertising they do.. It is really becoming to the point of obnoxious.. That's what commercials are for!

It's annoying enough with the "Extra" chewing gum but this last ep with Bob and Dan and the "One a Day" vitamins was just beyond annoying... Makes me not want to watch the show anymore..
Old 03-24-08, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Dan: Bob i have to go to the bathroom to take a sh!t but i feel that it will mess up with my workouts...

Bob: well Wrigley's came out with this new thing called Extra Gum... its packed with 10 calories but you can give your mouth a goo workout while still taking a sh!t... try it..

Dan: Wow Bob... i cant believe i am burning calories, tasting some good gum and still crapping Mark's Chicken Receipe....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats basically how it goes...
Old 03-24-08, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This show is the worst for overt product placement!

I was laughing earlier in the season when Jillian berrated one contestant for using soy sauce. I thought "Gee, I guess Kikkoman turned down the ad sales people."

If they would have ponied up the bucks, I am sure we would have been told how great soy sauce was.

I loved it a few episodes ago when Dan was talking about "tossing salad" with Bob, when they were pimping those Ziploc bags.
Old 03-24-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,020 Likes on 811 Posts
I haven't seen a lot of this season, but one episode I saw, when they went back to their hometowns had me laughing. Paul (whose apparently have some health issues now) was in my hometown of Melbourne, FL (which is attached to his city Rockledge, FL) and slamming down giant plates of wings. What was funny about it is his physique and appetite perfectly described about half the 40-somethings in the town.

Stereotyping is funny when true That said, our little city seems to be making the rounds lately, got a movie, an eliminated idol contestant, and an eliminated biggest loser contestant. Not bad for a pimple of a city.
Old 03-24-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RichC2
I haven't seen a lot of this season, but one episode I saw, when they went back to their hometowns had me laughing. Paul (whose apparently have some health issues now) was in my hometown of Melbourne, FL (which is attached to his city Rockledge, FL) and slamming down giant plates of wings. What was funny about it is his physique and appetite perfectly described about half the 40-somethings in the town.

Stereotyping is funny when true That said, our little city seems to be making the rounds lately, got a movie, an eliminated idol contestant, and an eliminated biggest loser contestant. Not bad for a pimple of a city.
Yeah, Im from the same area and thought, wow, he is pretty much the epitome of a BCR (Brevard County Resident)...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.