Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Idol 3/4-3/6 Top 16

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Thank god those spoilers were wrong. But I figured they had to be. I mean, who in their right mind would sing stuff like "Celebration", "We Built This City", and "Tainted Love" ... er ... scratch that last one

-Luke's gotta be a goner. It wasn't bad, but it was just a weaker carbon copy of the original.

-Simon's not doing his boy David any favors by telling everyone he'll sail into the Finals. That makes people not vote because they think he's safe. It won't hurt him for a while, but it could at some point. Not that I care, because I've had my fill of this gaspy voiced, world-peace loving, "aw shucks" muppet. Jeez, this guy's going to make the most depressing AI CD in history. He just has to fit it into his schedule between ending world hunger and curing cancer.

-Yay, I knew Danny would come through with the suckage! TMTH indeed. Is there anything more annoying than people who speak in text message abbreviations? Well, I'm sure there is, but it's pretty annoying. Once someone said to me "l o l" after a joke, and I just couldn't control myself and smacked them in the head.

-I was actually surprised in digging David Cook's arrangement too.

-I like how Ryan invited us to "mellow out" with Jason Castro. If only my doobie stash was as premium as Jason's.

-I didn't really care for Chikezie this weak. Vocals were a bit off, and the song didn't seem to flow very well.

Luke is a sure-fire goner this week. The second one ... I'll say Chikezie (but David H and Danny could be vulnerable too).
Old 03-04-08, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny was great!
Old 03-04-08, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by TwineTime
Danny was great!

Noriega = Entertainment

Hopefully they keep him around for a while.
Old 03-04-08, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Michael Johns was good tonight, David Cook's take on 'Hello' was very good, Archuleta didn't bring it tonight and the rest annoyed me, especially that 'Tainted Love' rendition.

I predict that Luke and Noriega exit tonight and that'll be a good thing!

EDIT: All the comments re: David Cook's hair are hilarious....it is more than slightly yucky, sorta slimy

Last edited by Sparrow; 03-04-08 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-04-08, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Danny Noriega is like Sanjaya, but without the ambiguous sexuality.
Old 03-04-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
Danny's most embarrassing moment was when his older sister made him stop dressing like a ballerina.
Old 03-04-08, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
My station lost the audio during Cook's performance. But that being said, I didn't really enjoy anyone today.

I hope the girls will be less worse.
Old 03-04-08, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
David Archuletta is so contrived. He was determined to get his "help out the homeless" story in there no matter what.
It's the like talking points that the Ms. S. Carolina contestant tried to fit into her answer at the Ms. America pageant last year. David A, just sing and smile, no need to keep slumming for votes.
Old 03-04-08, 10:36 PM
Cool New Member

Jason Castro
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g941SpNT6mk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g941SpNT6mk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited by popatlaal; 03-05-08 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-04-08, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Luke- just fucking putrid. He needs to go, stat.

David H. - not bad, but a bit boring to me.

Archuleta-Bot- good but his little act is really starting to grate.

David C.- my fave of the night. Love the re-arrangement and his vocals were good.

Jason- 2nd fave of the night. Nothing terribly special, but nice. He needs to get more diverse in his song choices, though, and quick.

Danny- not nearly as bad as people are saying. His diva bit drives me batshit crazy, though.

Michael- not bad, but not too good, either. It was just a'ight for me, dawg.

Chikezie- boring, but his vocals were pretty good. I just hated the song choice.

Bye, bye time for Puke Menard and either 'Kezie or Stripper Boy.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 03-04-08 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-04-08, 11:11 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Archuleta is not serving of the hype that he is getting from the judges and he is 100% fake.
Old 03-04-08, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Luke reminds me of that smarmy Joel Osteen preacher dude.

Old 03-04-08, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia

Wow. I have a new #1 on my "Faces That Need to be Slapped" list.
Old 03-04-08, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tonight:

Top 2-
1. Jason Castro (best song ever on this damn show)
2. David Cook (cant stand his frickin' hair though)

Bottom 2-
1. Luke
2. tie - danny and Hernandez (i say, dump 'em both)
Old 03-04-08, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh yeah...and what about Paula? She had to be drunk off her rocker...she was a mess.
Old 03-04-08, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
I am getting *this* close to the tipping point. I mean, the homeless p.s.a. he did after his song, yikes.

Yeah, I told the better half, that I don't want someone that is going to find the answer for world peace, I just want a great vocal.
Old 03-04-08, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brainee
Thank god those spoilers were wrong. But I figured they had to be. I mean, who in their right mind would sing stuff like "Celebration", "We Built This City", and "Tainted Love" ... er ... scratch that last one
The spoiler list was for both the guys and gals - you'll be seeing Celebration and We Built This City (which is the only song I remember from my prom for what it's worth) sung by the girls.

My question is who'll take on "Call Me"? That could be very good... or very bad.

I liked all the singers tonight, but my vote is still that Luke will be gone and Hernandez will be gone, either by vote or by disqualification.

For what it's worth I dropped 10 votes for both Michael Johns and David Cook, and 20 votes for Jason Castro.
Old 03-05-08, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Some poor song choices tonight.

Luke needs to go home just for picking that song.

I'm disappointed Danny chose "Tainted Love". It's a great song, but not the kind that showcases your vocal ability. When is he going to pick a song that REALLY shows off that voice like in the auditions?!?!?!?

David Cook actually made that work -- good for him.

I'm sure it's a habit, but David A. really needs to stop licking his lips every other line -- very distracting and annoying.

I'm hoping for Luke and Chikezie to go home.
Old 03-05-08, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by Heat
The spoiler list was for both the guys and gals - you'll be seeing Celebration and We Built This City (which is the only song I remember from my prom for what it's worth) sung by the girls.
But aside from "Tainted Love" none of the songs by the guys tonight were on that list.
Old 03-05-08, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Hells yeah! You hit the nail on the head, Jadz.
Old 03-05-08, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just listened to Jason Castro again. First off that song is amazing. First heard it on House, I think, and downloaded it immediately. For him to come out without his guitar and sing a song like that really took guts. I dont think he is a seasoned performer, so I feel we are really seeing him grow. Second, except for one note at the end, I think he really nailed it. And he really connected to me. I think he made himself very safe without that one.

Paula wasnt drunk. She is just plain stupid. It irks me that woman is making so much damn money and she cant even complete an intellegent sentence. I'm loving Simon this season, that man is right on.

Last edited by magiccmom; 03-05-08 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-05-08, 08:08 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I can't believe the judges (and almost everybody here) are praising that emo crap version of "Hello". That was awful! He even had the patented black jeans.

Jason Castro has got to be the most socially awkward AI contestant ever.

Last edited by Groucho; 03-05-08 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-05-08, 08:30 AM

I dug the guys tonight and I am glad the idiot who posted those spoilers were wrong...um...wait...anyway...

I dont get the hate for David the Stripper. He nailed a song made famous by Celine.

Archuleta was good, not great, and Simon had it right when he said he needs to change his schtick.

When David C started on Hello I was like, WTF??? But I really loved it. He took a very dated cheesy 80s track and made it current. Definitely could be released as a single.

Jason Castro may have been my favorite tonight. Sure, it is a very slow song but the judges always say you need to connect with the audience and he definitely did with that song. Even my buddy who hates Idol but gets dragged to my house by his SO on Tuesdays said it was awesome. And his SO who thinks Jason is creepy was actually teary eyed.

Tainted Love - eh

Chickeze - solid but nothing that makes you want to pick up the phone and vote for him.

Noriega - Wasted night for him. A hip version of that song but too hip to show the audience his voice. He will be gone tonight and the judges will blame it on song choice. His voice and persona just dont match up to me.

Luke - the force is weak with you, good bye.
Old 03-05-08, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Luke and Danny should go this week.

Luke has zero vocal range and sounds horrible as a solo singer. He needs to go back to his barber shop quartet.

Danny is an annoyingly flamboyant smug diva-wannabe. Please go away. Any vocal talent he may have is completely overshadowed by his "diva-ttitude".
Old 03-05-08, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Luke is definitely gone. He was the worst of the night.

Danny reminds me a little of David Johansen of the New York Dolls. I wasn't crazy about his song, but he's not going anywhere yet.

Didn't think much of the Aussie doing Simple Minds.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.