In Treatment - HBO

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

In Treatment - HBO

Old 02-03-08, 10:52 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
In Treatment - HBO

Is anyone watching this? I've watched the 1st couple, 1st one I didn't get into fully, but I really liked the Blair Underwood one.

I like the concept, and while there is nothing on with the strike, this is a good show to watch, and with 5 eps per week for 9 weeks, there'll be plenty of shows to watch!

I've always liked Gabriel Byrne too
Old 02-03-08, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
My wife and I watched the first three the nights they were on. Then she was so antsy we had to watch the Thursday & Friday episodes on HBO's website. It's nice that it gives you something to watch every single night.

What's it with all the new HBO series being centered around therapy (Tell Me You Love Me & In Treatment)?
Old 02-04-08, 12:04 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
This one is based on a similar show from Israel..
Old 02-04-08, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, surprised there was no thread on this last week...enjoying this show a lot. Tuesday and Thursday so far are the most interesting I think.
Old 02-04-08, 01:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have only watched the first 2 so far. The Monday chick annoyed me, then I realized who she was (Lauren from Alias) and I was not surprised. Blair Underwood was really good on Tuesdays episode.
Old 02-04-08, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 125 Likes on 78 Posts
I've been catching the odd ep here and there and it's fascinating. I like Byrne's approach to playing the Dr.
Old 02-05-08, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Caught two episodes tonight. Added to my dvr list. I enjoyed it a lot.
Old 02-06-08, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts
I watched the first episode, and most of the second. OnDemand is great for that. I like where the fighter pilot one is going in the second. I'll probably watch a bunch tonight.
Old 02-06-08, 03:16 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I am watching this as well. From last week, I enjoyed the Blair Underwood and Josh Charles episodes...
Old 02-06-08, 03:47 PM
Banned

OMFG. I wonder how many sets HBO is gonna break this up into when it comes to DVD.
I usually wait until these shows come to DVD for I watch them which makes no sense since I pay for HBO and wont watch any movie at all since they are in full screen.

Oh well, I like the cast they got for this show so I will definitely check it out sooner or later.
Old 02-06-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
OMFG. I wonder how many sets HBO is gonna break this up into when it comes to DVD.
I usually wait until these shows come to DVD for I watch them which makes no sense since I pay for HBO and wont watch any movie at all since they are in full screen.

Oh well, I like the cast they got for this show so I will definitely check it out sooner or later.
So what exactly do you watch on HBO then?
Old 02-07-08, 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nefarious
What's it with all the new HBO series being centered around therapy (Tell Me You Love Me & In Treatment)?

The writers are following the old adage to "write what you know".
Old 02-07-08, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I love how HBO has 2 weeks packaged in a 1 hour block.
Old 02-07-08, 09:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
So what exactly do you watch on HBO then?
I did watch Sopranos.
I also watch when it airs:
Real Time with Bill Maher
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Big Love
ANd i wait for the dvd of Flight of the Conchords.
I probably could save myself money by waiting for the dvd's for these shows but that wouldn't work with Real Time with Bill Maher.
Also I gotta at least check out True Blood and some of the other new shows they'll have.
Old 02-08-08, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I love how HBO has 2 weeks packaged in a 1 hour block.
I've caught them all as they've aired, but I have a friend who liked this scheduling plan.

I'm enjoying the show so far, but I really wish the "Next on..." previews were a little less spoilery. I know it's my own fault for watching them, but I just can't help it!
Old 02-08-08, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I never watch the Next on stuff for anything but reality shows. Anything scripted I want to go into with as blank a slate as possible.

I am definitely enjoying the show so far. I think I am about to the sixth episode on demand so far. I just finished the second episode featuring Laura.
Old 03-03-08, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
I finally caught up with this show (sixth week w/ Laura, so 26th episode - does anyone know how many episodes there should be?), and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It started off kinda shaky, though it held my interest. But it's gotten better as it's gone along. It may be a bit more of a melodrama than I'm used to, but it's pretty believable with excellent performances by everyone.

I was gonna get rid of HBO after The Wire's finale this Sunday, but I think I'll keep it until this show wraps up.
Old 03-03-08, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's 5 per week, 1 patient per day...well...Friday is Paul's day with his Dr. Anyway, I'm not sure how many weeks it's supposed to run. They've been running all 5 eps for that week back to back on Saturday mornings. That's how I catch up on days I miss.

I LOVE this show. The whole thing with Paul and his Wife and how it relates to a certain party is like Whoa!

Last edited by Giantrobo; 03-05-08 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-03-08, 10:24 PM

I think it is supposed to run nine weeks.

I finally caught up on all episodes after week two, and I have been watching them every night since. I definitely got hooked.
Old 03-03-08, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I love this show, the acting and dialog are excellent. Good to hear we have a few weeks left, I was afraid the end was nearing.
Old 03-04-08, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you get HBO On Demand, the whole week goes up on Monday night, and you can watch it on your own schedule. Usually, I prefer to catch shows as they air for HD, but this show is just people sitting in a room, so it's not like there's anything lost there.
Old 03-04-08, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I believe it goes 8 weeks. At least that is what I saw on HBO's schedule. I am all caught up except for what should pop up on demand this week. I am loving it. The last episode with Alex was absolutely fantastic.
Old 03-05-08, 04:11 PM

i have mixed feelings about it..i saw one that i really liked and one i didnt like so much...are they different patients every week? cause the two i saw had completely different patients...
Old 03-05-08, 04:46 PM

Mon-Fri is a different patient but you stay with those 5 every week....if that makes sense...
Old 03-05-08, 04:55 PM

Monday episodes are Laura (Melissa George from Alias); she is kind of crazy and is in love with Gabriel Byrne.

Tuesday is Blair Underwood who is a soldier back from Afghanistan where he accidentally killed a bunch of kids. He is newly separated from his wife and was also sleeping with Laura, who he met at Byrne's office.

Wednesday's patient is a teenage giorl who tried to commit suicide. She is a gymnast who has been sleeping with her adult coach.

Thursday is a married couple, Josh Charles and Embeth Davidtz, who seem totally mismatched and have tons of issues. She was pregnant and didn't want the baby and then had a miscarriage on Byrne's couch.

Friday is the day that Byrne has a therapy session, with his therapist and former mentor played by Dianne Wiest. This is where he unloads about all his patients we have seen all week and also discusses his marital problems with Michelle Forbes (ST:TNG's Ensign Ro.) His wife was having an affair and just discovered that he also has feelings for his patient, Laura.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.