Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST - Season Four Extended Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-08, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did I see fucking Jeremy Davies in that trailer?! He would make such a badass "is he good or bad?" type character. He plays shyly sinister so very, very well. Perfect for Lost.
Old 01-03-08, 10:24 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sINCE THIS SEASON is only 8 episodes, will they add an additional 10 over the life of the show?
Old 01-03-08, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by derekjet
sINCE THIS SEASON is only 8 episodes, will they add an additional 10 over the life of the show?
I believe you mean 8, but they won't add any more episodes, there will always be the same. We'll just get another mini-season of 8 at some point, probably in late 2008 if the strikes ends.
Old 01-03-08, 11:14 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I believe you mean 8, but they won't add any more episodes, there will always be the same. We'll just get another mini-season of 8 at some point, probably in late 2008 if the strikes ends.
That would seem to make the most sense, no? Do your 8 starting January 31st, 2008, then do another 8 starting in September/October 2008, then you're back to square one, 16 eps season 5 starting in 2009.
Old 01-03-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 329 Likes on 245 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
That would seem to make the most sense, no? Do your 8 starting January 31st, 2008, then do another 8 starting in September/October 2008, then you're back to square one, 16 eps season 5 starting in 2009.
They'll probably do this, assuming the strike is over in time.
Old 01-06-08, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 215 Likes on 188 Posts
Fox Talks "Lost" Season Four

Talking with Entertainment Weekly, "Lost" actor Matthew Fox revealed a few revealing details about what to expect for the mystery drama's upcoming fourth season beginning January 31st.

Originally slated to be sixteen episodes, the show has been truncated to just eight due to the writer's strike. So what will happen to the other eight? "We're not sure if we're going to come back and do more this [season]. The audience only getting eight would really be a bummer. But I'm optimistic."

Much of the season will be dealing with the repercussions of last year's season finale - most notably the 'flash forward' in which we saw Jack and Kate getting off the island. Does this mean others get off as well?

"That's the question for the first part of this year, for sure. Jack gets people off that island, [and] suddenly he and the other people are very well-known -- it becomes this massive story because everybody thought that every person on this plane was lost.... Who are they? What is everybody else doing? Jack's mission was to get all of them off. It's the overriding force behind him. So, the fact that he ends up getting off and doesn't get that accomplished -- I'm very curious to find out how that all goes down. And part of that is going to be part of the reason why he wanted to jump off the bridge in the future" says Fox.

This season supposedly deals with time travel and other supernatural elements - "Last year, we find out Jack and Kate are off the island. How the f--- did that happen? And why does he want to go back? In answering those questions, you have to start addressing the bigger, epic scope of the show. In doing that, you're going to get into questions about the show that the audience is just dying to start finding out. What is this island? Where is this island? When is this island?" says Fox.

Those who do make it back also have a weight on their shoulders it seems - "Jack and the other people, upon getting back to the world, are not being honest with the world. They are covering up [something]. That's an agreement that they've all reached. And it's a weird, gross little bond that they have with each other. They don't see each other much, but when they see each other, it's incredibly awkward. And this lie -- you can cut it with a knife amongst them."

As for that casket we saw, looks like we won't know who's in it for a while - "It hasn't been revealed yet. I'm pretty sure I know who it is, but I'm not 100 percent sure" he says. Finally he confirms that decoy endings were shot for the upcoming finale, but he is not a part of the key scene.

In related news, ABC is ramping up promotion for the show by making every single episode of the popular island drama available online in high definition at ABC.com for US viewers.

DARKHORIZONS.com
Old 01-07-08, 01:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New viral marketing campaing for season 4 of Lost has begun:

http://www.flyoceanicair.com/
http://www.find815.com

Billboards of the Oceanic Airline has been placed in several strategic spots.

Old 01-11-08, 10:38 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been checking out http://find815.blogspot.com/ every few days to see if anything interesting is happening with the game thing that's going on now...the coolest thing to come out of it so far is that it seems pretty clear that we know who "Adam and Eve" are - the 2 skeletons found in S1.
Spoiler:
Supposedly it's Amelia Earhart and the guy that was with her on her last flight, Fred Noonan - http://find815.blogspot.com/2008/01/...-and-fred.html

People also mentioned somebody named Amelia that was in the book club (I'm assuming Juliet's) that looked strangely like Earhart.

So who knows...but given what Lindeloff and Cuse said in the link posted, it seems to make plenty of sense.
Old 01-11-08, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't watched them yet because I'm still downloading them, but iTunes has two free Lost videos:

- Lost in 8:15 (recap of everything so far)
- Lost Season 3 Finale in 4:09 (recap of S3 finale)