Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

House -- "Games" -- 11/27/2007

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House -- "Games" -- 11/27/2007

Old 11-27-07, 03:44 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 9,864
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
House -- "Games" -- 11/27/2007

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Under Cuddy’s pressure to choose his team, House gives the candidates a case of a former punk rock star who is a drug user. Whoever diagnoses the patient is going to have a future as a member of House’s team.


Is this entire season going to be spent choosing the new staff? At least we seem to be coming to the end of it as there are only four left...
Old 11-27-07, 06:22 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 56,918
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I actually like Cutthroat Bitch and hope House chooses her in the final 3 over the plastic surgeon.
Old 11-27-07, 06:44 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,128
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Is this entire season going to be spent choosing the new staff? At least we seem to be coming to the end of it as there are only four left...
The previews for tonight's show said that the team will finally be picked.
Old 11-27-07, 10:35 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,119
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was hoping for Bitch and 13. Now I'm only half happy.

I loved the seizure-inducing record, though. Almost sounded like vintage Merzbow. I found it somewhat amusing that he played it on his ultra-expensive Sota deck, but played the soft acoustic guitar record (was that a 7" 33RPM?) on a cheap library portable player. Either his priorities are better than I thought, or he really damaged his (Koetsu?) cartridge when he scratched it across the record when he was angry at Wilson.

Some people come for the medicine, I'm all about the audiophilia.
Old 11-27-07, 10:43 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 33,355
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to see 13 is still around.
Old 11-28-07, 12:31 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,462
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone explain the very end to me, with house and cutty, and how she said he planned this all along. Damn neighbor came over and I missed that whole last conversation...
Old 11-28-07, 01:04 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
TheKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: City Of Orange, CA
Posts: 8,069
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hdtv00
Can someone explain the very end to me, with house and cutty, and how she said he planned this all along. Damn neighbor came over and I missed that whole last conversation...
House hired the two guys knowing that Cutty would insist on him hiring a woman. When House had asked for her advice earlier, she suggested him keeping the men, thinking he'd go against her advice. He didn't, so he only had to fire one instead of two.
Old 11-28-07, 01:05 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hdtv00
Can someone explain the very end to me, with house and cutty, and how she said he planned this all along. Damn neighbor came over and I missed that whole last conversation...
House didn't want to lose Taub and Cutner, so he fired CTB and 13, knowing that Cuddy wouldn't let him have an all-male team, so he was expecting Cuddy to come back to him and make him hire one of the female docs, and she told House to hire the one who cares, which was 13. So House got pretty much everything he wanted for a new team, even though it means Cuddy has to foot the bill for the extra doctor on the House team.
Old 11-28-07, 01:44 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Newberg, OR
Posts: 17,252
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish he could have fired Foreman instead of CTB. Foreman has never been a good character, and now he's even worse.
Old 11-28-07, 02:05 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
fumanstan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 55,343
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
House didn't want to lose Taub and Cutner, so he fired CTB and 13, knowing that Cuddy wouldn't let him have an all-male team, so he was expecting Cuddy to come back to him and make him hire one of the female docs, and she told House to hire the one who cares, which was 13. So House got pretty much everything he wanted for a new team, even though it means Cuddy has to foot the bill for the extra doctor on the House team.
Yeah, and remember Cuddy and House's conversation about how he wanted to keep all 4 and the joke about how he wanted 3 1/2 people on his team as a compromise.

Anyway, good episode and I was shocked at first when House fired 13. I wanted her and Kutner to stay... don't really care for Taub at all. The preview for January seemed interesting... aren't there only a few more episodes that have been shot?
Old 11-28-07, 07:56 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: South of Titletown
Posts: 18,628
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
aren't there only a few more episodes that have been shot?
This week's TVGuide "guessed" there should be 3 left after last night's.
Old 11-28-07, 10:03 AM
  #12  
Moderator
 
Giles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 33,509
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
Yeah, and remember Cuddy and House's conversation about how he wanted to keep all 4 and the joke about how he wanted 3 1/2 people on his team as a compromise.

Anyway, good episode and I was shocked at first when House fired 13. I wanted her and Kutner to stay... don't really care for Taub at all. The preview for January seemed interesting... aren't there only a few more episodes that have been shot?
oh I don't know, I'm glad Taub did stay I like him... the 'three' are perfect in my opinion.
Old 11-28-07, 11:21 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 5,731
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I wish he could have fired Foreman instead of CTB. Foreman has never been a good character, and now he's even worse.
I agree. Foreman has always been a little lame, but he was good when he was still a "rookie" and playing off of Chase and Cameron. Now, in his elder statesman role, he's just incredibly boring. You get the idea that running for House is beneath him, impressing House isn't of interest to him, but he can't act on his own because he's still under House's thumb. So what's his point?
Old 11-28-07, 11:41 AM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,424
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boredsilly
I agree. Foreman has always been a little lame, but he was good when he was still a "rookie" and playing off of Chase and Cameron. Now, in his elder statesman role, he's just incredibly boring. You get the idea that running for House is beneath him, impressing House isn't of interest to him, but he can't act on his own because he's still under House's thumb. So what's his point?
IMO, eventually he and Cameron and Chase will form their own team. Otherwise why is Cameron and Chase still around? They add nothing to the show, same with Foreman.
Old 11-28-07, 11:48 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm guessing that Foreman, Chase, Cam will finally leave the show at the end of this "season" (writer's strike, notwithstanding). The cast is getting a little too large, even with the new team finally established.
Old 11-28-07, 11:53 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 4,524
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah - the old cast is like scabs now - They served their purpose in helping the audience get healed during the restructuring, but now that there is new skin - I just can't wait for them to fall off.
Old 11-28-07, 11:54 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am glad that Olivia Wilde made the cast because she deserves a weekly show, plus she's easy on the eyes.
Old 11-28-07, 12:06 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk God
 
kvrdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 86,201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't find Kumar to be very exciting, nor the plastic surgeon. But I am also glad that CTB is gone. Also agree that Foreman is more of a pain in the ass, worthless character now. Glad 13 is there, though.
Old 11-28-07, 12:24 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 56,918
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
This week's TVGuide "guessed" there should be 3 left after last night's.
One of those episodes is the post-Super Bowl special with Mira Sorvino as a guest star, which won't air until February 3. So essentially there is really only 2 more episodes left for the time being. Lots and Lots of repeats ahead.
Old 11-28-07, 01:07 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 12,966
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See, Foreman has always been my favorite of his staff. I like that fact that he's not intimidated by House and secretly wants to be just like House. I liked how Cameron commented on him not wearing a lab coat just like House.

Chase is a dullard and the only thing Cameron has going for her is that she's hot.
Old 11-28-07, 01:40 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,290
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I liked the subtle context last night that House actually does care what happens to his patients which ultimately makes him completely different than CTB.
Old 11-28-07, 04:49 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 6,680
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Yeah - the old cast is like scabs now - They served their purpose in helping the audience get healed during the restructuring, but now that there is new skin - I just can't wait for them to fall off.


How dare you compare my girlfriend Jenny to a scab!!
Old 11-28-07, 07:20 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Next stop, Earth.
Posts: 3,262
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terrible episode. They couldn't sedate the patient for an MRA but it was ok to put him into general anaesthesia and do open heart surgery? Ridiculous. Also there was no reason for the brain biopsy either, what is the treatment for measles that is more dangerous than cutting into someone's brain?? The Wilson side story was laughable as well.

It's simply not believable that he wouldn't have fired that Kuttner goofball weeks ago, never mind that there is absolutely no way he would have wanted to hire him. The guy is a dolt and has contributed nothing worthwhile.

This episode was down there with the first episode of season 4 for me, which was also awful. Good thing there were some good moments otherwise this season.
Old 11-28-07, 07:33 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Canuckistan
Posts: 10,027
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by porieux
Terrible episode. They couldn't sedate the patient for an MRA but it was ok to put him into general anaesthesia and do open heart surgery? Ridiculous. Also there was no reason for the brain biopsy either, what is the treatment for measles that is more dangerous than cutting into someone's brain?? The Wilson side story was laughable as well.

It's simply not believable that he wouldn't have fired that Kuttner goofball weeks ago, never mind that there is absolutely no way he would have wanted to hire him. The guy is a dolt and has contributed nothing worthwhile.

This episode was down there with the first episode of season 4 for me, which was also awful. Good thing there were some good moments otherwise this season.
Most of the medicine on the show is complete garbage, but hey, I watch hoping that we see 13 and Cameron in a lesbian love scene.
Old 11-28-07, 07:36 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Next stop, Earth.
Posts: 3,262
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heheh. The medicine isn't usually this bad though, although the one where they gave the guy the lobotomy was probably worse.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.