Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Cautionary Tales" -- 11.19.2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-07, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shazam
And West's delivery of the "Mr. (Whatever Bennett's fake last name was), what are you doing?" was the worst acting I've seen in years.
And what about when HRG was talking about the car he used to drive, and West says something about it being a "cool car."
Old 11-20-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a fantastic episode.

However, when they killed off HRG I could see them bringing him back from a mile away. My only thought is, if Mohinder just wanted to stop him from killing Bob, why shoot the guy in the eye? I mean, wouldn't a non-lethal shot to the arm have that effect? Or maybe he just has really bad aim. And that must have been one of the quickest back-from-the-dead experiences for a tv character, bringing him back after 10 minutes.

With only a couple of episodes left, is it just me, or does anyone think that the Sylar/Wonder Twins plot will go completely by the wayside and left unresolved until the next season?
Old 11-20-07, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
So now the show has 2 reset buttons:

1) Hero can travel back in time and save someone

2) Magic Blood that could create a Zombie Army
Old 11-20-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I think Elle is a good character. I think they will slowly reveal more of her past and how her upbringing was opposite of Claire. Plus her sassiness is kinda fun.
Old 11-20-07, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And West's delivery of the "Mr. (Whatever Bennett's fake last name was), what are you doing?" was the worst acting I've seen in years.
Agreed, I thought it was a joke at first the acting was so bad.
Old 11-20-07, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think Elle is going to flip on Bob, given the doubts that HRG put into her head.
Old 11-20-07, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Elle ranks right up there as one of the most annoying characters on the show. What is the point of her pawing all over Mohinder and then asking "can I keep him?" I was the same thing she did to Peter. Annoying as all hell. I had hoped that Mohinder put the bullet into her head, but then I remembered she had signed a contract for more episodes than what we've seen so far.
Old 11-20-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
That Kristen Bell (Elle) is pretty cross-eyed. Kinda like Ann Romano from 'One Day at a Time'.

Originally Posted by Patman
She's got a lazy eye, even named it "Wonky".
Originally Posted by achau9598
Elle ranks right up there as one of the most annoying characters on the show. What is the point of her pawing all over Mohinder and then asking "can I keep him?" I was the same thing she did to Peter. Annoying as all hell. I had hoped that Mohinder put the bullet into her head, but then I remembered she had signed a contract for more episodes than what we've seen so far.

You guys are out of your minds.

-Doc

Last edited by Doc MacGyver; 11-20-07 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-20-07, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's true, I think Kristen Bell talked about it in one of those Maxim/Stuff magazines (about her lazy eye, that is) where she was the cover girl.
Old 11-20-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Guess I'm blinded by love.

-Doc
Old 11-20-07, 09:03 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Yavin
However, when they killed off HRG I could see them bringing him back from a mile away.
True, which is why I don't understand the people who are saying they should have left him dead for a few episodes. Would anyone have believed it?

The real interesting question is who brought him back? Adam? Bob? Claire? Was Mohinder in on it? Was Noah in on it?
Old 11-20-07, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, obviously not Claire.
Old 11-20-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by aynrandgirl
I don't understand why Adam is dangerous. Being 400 years old is neat but there are people out there with powers that are a lot more dangerous and destructive. Telepathy and mind control, for one. Parkman is on a quick road to corruption if he keeps ordering people around. With power like that I don't know why Parkman's dad wasn't incredibly wealthy and well-connected. Instead he lived in a cheap somewhat slummy apartment.
After 400 years, who knows what knowledge he has, what connections he's made, etc.? Plus, he has more control over his power, so he may not have the kill switch that Claire does. He's also been in on the people with powers since day one, so he likely knows a lot about weaknesses.
Old 11-20-07, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Note to creative staff. If you're going to open the show with Kristin Bell in a bathing suit, at least provide a full body shot.
Old 11-20-07, 09:42 AM

Once again, a greatly enjoyable episode. I think I have to watch through it one more time since parts of it took me off-guard. I love that they basically stated that Hiro will NOT be trying to undo anymore deaths. That removes the "reset button" that someon mentioned.

Oh, another defect in the "perfect girl" that so many guys here get excited about is that her nostrils are not symmetrical (the same size).
Old 11-20-07, 09:49 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Add me to the list of people annoyed with Elle. Kristen Bell is a terrible actress, and she's not particularly attractive. Time to "cut the power" so the speak.
Old 11-20-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Et tu, Groucho?
Old 11-20-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by achau9598
And what about when HRG was talking about the car he used to drive, and West says something about it being a "cool car."
Because it was a cool car, a real p***y wagon. West was well and truly impressed, as he should've been:

Old 11-20-07, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
Add me to the list of people annoyed with Elle. Kristen Bell is a terrible actress, and she's not particularly attractive. Time to "cut the power" so the speak.
I'm with Groucho. Although, I don't know if her being a bad actress can be held against her, as so is everyone else on the show not named HRG or Mohinder, as well as the scripts.
Old 11-20-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, like I believe Mohinder could pop a guy through the eye from several feet away. He probably can't even find his car keys without asking Molly for help.

What a tard.
Old 11-20-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
I agree
Old 11-20-07, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
Yeah, like I believe Mohinder could pop a guy through the eye from several feet away.
Especially when it looked like earlier he had never even held a gun before in his life.
Old 11-20-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Elle is an annoying character. What is with the "oh can I keep him?" comments for Peter and Mohinder or any males with a dick.
Old 11-20-07, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

To those of you who think Kristen Bell is unattractive, you're crazy, I tell you!

I think that any episode of Heroes that doesn't feature the annoying Wonder Twins is automatically a good one, since I can't stand their glacial storyline. I hope the next time we see them, they're lying on the ground with the tops of their heads cut off thanks to Sylar.

Isn't it obvious that Claire's blood was used to heal HRG?

After a lackluster start to the season, I think the show has picked up considerably the last three episodes.

When Hiro ran into his past self, I was wondering if they would recognize each other a la Jennifer in BTTF 2.

I'm thinking that as Elle finds out more about her past, she'll become more normal and less sadistic.

Is there going to be an episode with Ali, Hayden and Kristen all onscreen? So far, we've had at most 2 of them.
Old 11-20-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman

Elle got put through the ringer. Self-shock therapy, and getting shot, and learning of getting her memories wiped.

I missed this, what did HRG (I assume) tell her?

Also, how could she not use her electricity until a little bit after HRG released her for Claire?

I guess i wasn't paying enough attention last night.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.