Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Curb Your Enthusiasm -- "The Bat Mitzvah" -- 11/11/07 (Season Six Finale)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Curb Your Enthusiasm -- "The Bat Mitzvah" -- 11/11/07 (Season Six Finale)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
The most predictable ending would've been for a certain couple to get back together again.

But it didn't happen!
No. He broke up with his real wife, and they're not getting back together. I think the show is clearly about his real-life problems.
Old 11-12-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by uteotw
I loved it when he told his secretary to "SHUT THE !*()!@#) UP!"
Last night I truly missed not having DVR anymore. After work I'm going to watch this episode again on demand just to hear that line.

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I have to say, though, this was by far the worst season of the show. A few good episodes here and there, but it had many of the worst episodes and the good ones were generally just okay, not amazing.
I've felt like I've been taking crazy pills when I'd go to the threads and see everyone heaping so much praise on this season.
Old 11-12-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was only a couple of days ago I was wondering what happened to his receptionist. Seriously, she should be fired for talking about Larry's anal tickle in front of company.
Old 11-12-07, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shouldn't Larry sue the doctor's office? If that isn't a breach of doctor/patient confidentially I don't know what is.
Old 11-12-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
I thought the anal tickle was going to have something to do with Cheryl's new boyfriend's underwear, thus paving the way to reconciliation...
Old 11-12-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
(That might be the strangest sentence I've ever written.)
Old 11-12-07, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Great, great, great episode. I laughed the entire time. But fell off the couch at the movie theater scene at the very end. Pure gold.
Old 11-12-07, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched a few minutes of this episode and can't wait to get back to it. I just found out I had HBO last week and have some catching up to do on this show.
Old 11-12-07, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by FunkDaddy J
I thought the anal tickle was going to have something to do with Cheryl's new boyfriend's underwear, thus paving the way to reconciliation...
That's what I thought, too. Larry was looking at him dancing with Cheryl, and had the expression of realization, but it turned out to be the realization that Vivica is a 'Fox' in both senses.

Nice ending with Vivica going off on Susie.

Agreed about the confidentiality business, but WTH, this is a sitcom, not real life.

Overall a so-so season by Curb standards, but still miles better than most of the crap on TV. Great to hear that there are another 2 seasons coming.
Old 11-12-07, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Best episode of a mediocre season. I wish they would have resolved the story line with the woman he took on a date. I thought for sure it would payoff in the end.

BTW, I am 100% sure the end was a daydreem he had while dancing with Vivica. If I am wrong you are welcome to rub it in my face (sometime in 2009).
Old 11-12-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts
Originally Posted by DeputyDave
Best episode of a mediocre season. I wish they would have resolved the story line with the woman he took on a date. I thought for sure it would payoff in the end.

BTW, I am 100% sure the end was a daydreem he had while dancing with Vivica. If I am wrong you are welcome to rub it in my face (sometime in 2009).
Could be a daydream, but even if it isn't I think that if there is another season, Larry will have broken up with Vivica, because there is so much they could do with Larry single and dating, even if it might be a slight rehash of George.
Old 11-13-07, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
I wasn't too impressed with this season, but I have to say once Cheryl left, the season got pretty funny. I actually think Larry as a single guy could actually keep the series going two more years cause it will put him in so many new situations with women.

Overall, this episode was hilareous, as I laughed out loud most of the episode, and Leon stole the show again.

Did anyone feel sorry for Larry at the Batmitzah, and start to really dislike the Cheryl character by the final credits? I believe that was a jab at Larry's real life wife, and I do feel sorry for Cheryl Hines, because her character ends up being the jerk after it is all said in done.
Old 11-13-07, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by ScandalUMD
Uh, the ending was completely predictable. He's had Vivica Fox lounging around his house dressed in sweatpants playing a hurricane refugee all season. The obvious punchline to that setup is to do up her hair and makeup, so everybody would be like "oh wow, it's Vivica Fox."
Really? It was "completely predictable" that Larry David would end up together with Vivica Fox? Making her hot doesn't seem to make it more likely she'd end up in the sack with Larry, does it? And since many seem think it was just a dream he was having while dancing, I sure didn't see it coming.
Old 11-13-07, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Larry has finally found happiness with the Blacks. Hopefully Cheryl doesn't come back next year and ruin it for him.
Old 11-13-07, 03:56 PM

I wonder what kind of role (if any) they would have for Cheryl in future episodes, if she and Larry don't reconcile.
Old 11-13-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by uteotw
Really? It was "completely predictable" that Larry David would end up together with Vivica Fox? Making her hot doesn't seem to make it more likely she'd end up in the sack with Larry, does it? And since many seem think it was just a dream he was having while dancing, I sure didn't see it coming.
Agreed. The moment their eyes met was the first time it even occured to me that they had a connection. The rest of the season they could have been in two different rooms. Especially the penis cake episode.
Old 11-13-07, 07:09 PM

Yeah, and for the record, she was definitely "Vivica Fox" the whole season. I thought she looked hot slumming it.
Old 11-13-07, 07:29 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I think this SHOULD be the series finale.

I mean, there's definite closure here. Anything past this point would be jumping the shark, wouldn't it?

Last edited by jeffkjoe; 11-13-07 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-15-07, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

2 years ago, when I went in to get my drug test for my current job, they asked me to "sign in" on the little clipboard there on the counter. I said, isn't this a HIPAA violation? They said no. How could it not be? Perhaps cuz it's incidental disclosure?
Old 11-21-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ScandalUMD
No. He broke up with his real wife, and they're not getting back together. I think the show is clearly about his real-life problems.
I'd like to think that isn't true. Cheryl Hines is great and to hear Larry David gush on the DVDs about how wonderful she was (they cast her AT her audition) and how great she is with the improv, makes me wonder how they're basically getting rid of the Cheryl character.

We saw in "The Therapists" episode that almost everyone except the Blacks and Jeff are "going with Cheryl" so this approach will require just about an entire cast replacement...

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
I think this SHOULD be the series finale.
I agree. This season was somewhat lackluster and heavy-handed - especially compared to say S3 with the whole Producers thing.
Old 11-21-07, 01:42 PM

Wow, great episode...The last minute (which did seem like a dream sequence unfortunately) was the best of the series. Having a strong woman who stood up for Larry where no one ever did before was refreshing and her reply to Susie Essman's bitching out Larry was priceless! I had to watch that like 10x over and over...it was funny..and true....It is great to hear that Larry signed on for 2 more years, over on Wikipedia it said he planned to continue on for 2-3 more years...if it goes like this, hopefully he will expand to 13-15 episodes instead of 10!
Old 11-21-07, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Shouldn't Larry sue the doctor's office? If that isn't a breach of doctor/patient confidentially I don't know what is.
That is what I thought throughout...easy way to sue and bring the truth out...though I thought Larry's line to the nurse was hilarious, and I wondered if it were true for a moment given that the gerbil WAS missing...;O)
Old 11-21-07, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I don't think they'll write out Cheryl as I'm sure that Larry's jealous neurotic tendencies will start to drive him nuts (wanting what he can't have), etc. It makes for great comedy.
Old 11-23-07, 04:52 PM
Banned

"Let him out Larry."

-Leon

Old 12-01-07, 06:48 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
The funniest show on TV by far.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.