DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Curb Your Enthusiasm -- "The Bat Mitzvah" -- 11/11/07 (Season Six Finale) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/516956-curb-your-enthusiasm-bat-mitzvah-11-11-07-season-six-finale.html)

Matt 11-11-07 03:26 PM

Curb Your Enthusiasm -- "The Bat Mitzvah" -- 11/11/07 (Season Six Finale)

http://www.hbo.com/larrydavid/img/ho...06/ep60_01.jpg

Spoiler:
In the Season Six finale, an upcoming Bat Mitzvah provides Larry with an opportunity to clear up his recent domestic travails--as well as some nasty rumors. Don't miss Episode 60: "The Bat Mitzvah" premiering Sunday November 11 at 10pm.

chris_sc77 11-11-07 03:32 PM

IS this the last episode of the series?

theedge 11-11-07 04:13 PM

I hope not...this still has gas left in the tank..and only what, 10 episodes a season, we can really use a couple more! :) Come on Larry...they have been pretty, pretty, pretty good...

movieking 11-11-07 05:48 PM

The season finale already? Wow. That went fast.

As for next season, it's still undecided, but it seems like it will probably be a yes.

firteen88 11-11-07 06:00 PM

This may have been the best season yet! It was amazing!!!

redrum 11-11-07 07:07 PM

ya there has to be another season.

HE Pennypacker 11-11-07 07:12 PM

For me, this season will go down as Top 3 thus far. I hope this isn't it, Larry's got more funny left in him.

movieking 11-11-07 07:26 PM

Single Larry trying to get laid has got to be worth at least a couple of more seasons itself.

chris_sc77 11-11-07 09:38 PM

Amazing episode. This is a top 5 Curb episode for me...

Michael Ballack 11-11-07 09:40 PM

It was certainly shocking. I think the episode was one big F you to Larry's real ex. He's Larry David and ends up with Vivica Fox. I also think it wasn't too out of the blue. If you remember earlier in the season, Larry talked to Vivica and said he could go out with someone either albino or really black.

P.S. I hope this means Leon is a regular now.

movieking 11-11-07 09:48 PM

Crap, it went over by a few minutes, and I missed the ending. The last thing I saw was when Larry got up to give the toast. How much did I miss?

firteen88 11-11-07 09:51 PM

You missed a decent amount..

Great episode and great season! I really hope we see another (with Leon)

Geofferson 11-11-07 09:58 PM

Very satisfying finale...hopefully the season 7 wait is not as long as it was for season 6.

cracksky 11-11-07 10:21 PM

Kevin Connolly was on Howard Stern on 11/5/07. He mentioned that "Larry David just signed on for two more years of Curb Your Enthusiasm"

chris_sc77 11-11-07 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky
Kevin Connolly was on Howard Stern on 11/5/07. He mentioned that "Larry David just signed on for two more years of Curb Your Enthusiasm"

I hope that they pick up right where this season left off. Hearing VIvaca Fax call Jeff's wife a F*cking Bitch made me about piss myself.

cungar 11-11-07 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by firteen88
This may have been the best season yet! It was amazing!!!

You must have missed seasons one through four.

uteotw 11-11-07 11:44 PM

GREAT finale to a GREAT season.

I loved the fact his date left and he never saw her again.

I loved it when he told his secretary to "SHUT THE !*()!@#) UP!"

The ending, though, seemed very bizarre and did feel like it came out of nowhere, but I'm glad to hear it's not like the series ending.

vegasbaby 11-12-07 12:13 AM

Seems like Jeff couldve sprung for a fancier bat mitzvah with his clientele.

Maybe John Legend ate into his budget.

The Valeyard 11-12-07 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
I hope that they pick up right where this season left off. Hearing VIvaca Fax call Jeff's wife a F*cking Bitch made me about piss myself.

I just about died when that happened! That was great!

Fantastic season finale! Didn't see that ending coming but it made me smile.

T-bone22 11-12-07 12:44 AM

Leon's elevator up the ass thing was great.

Supermallet 11-12-07 12:46 AM

Well, I hope the ending isn't a dream. It would be hilarious to see Larry as part of the Black family.

I died laughing when Larry and the family were in the movie theater screaming at the screen.

I have to say, though, this was by far the worst season of the show. A few good episodes here and there, but it had many of the worst episodes and the good ones were generally just okay, not amazing.

ScandalUMD 11-12-07 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by uteotw
GREAT finale to a GREAT season.

I loved the fact his date left and he never saw her again.

I loved it when he told his secretary to "SHUT THE !*()!@#) UP!"

The ending, though, seemed very bizarre and did feel like it came out of nowhere, but I'm glad to hear it's not like the series ending.

Uh, the ending was completely predictable. He's had Vivica Fox lounging around his house dressed in sweatpants playing a hurricane refugee all season. The obvious punchline to that setup is to do up her hair and makeup, so everybody would be like "oh wow, it's Vivica Fox."

CPA-ESQ. 11-12-07 09:39 AM

I have to admit that Leon grew on me - and any time he opens his mouth I :lol:

The clincher for me was when Vivica stood up for Larry and cursed out Jeff's wife :) :thumbsup:

islandclaws 11-12-07 09:57 AM

Great last episode. Leon, as always, delivers the best lines of the episode. "Let's go get Mopey Dick out of bed". And Vivica going off on Jeff's wife was golden. I wonder what his anal tickle was? They never did find that gerbil...

jeffkjoe 11-12-07 11:34 AM

The most predictable ending would've been for a certain couple to get back together again.

But it didn't happen!