Reload this Page >

Dexter - "That Night, a Forest Grew" - 11/11/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dexter - "That Night, a Forest Grew" - 11/11/07

Old 11-13-07, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 838 Likes on 586 Posts
Originally Posted by ScandalUMD
They announced that they were looking for that guy at a press conference and he turned himself in. His face was all over television.
Thanks. My memory is so bad that I can't even remember 2 episodes back.
Old 11-13-07, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does any else besides me find the opening sequence of this program incredibly irritating? The post-modern "hey, look, it's a serial killer show, but he's a normal guy, and we're being cloyingly cute about it" sensibility about it recalls Six Feet Under, which I found to be pretentious dreck.
Old 11-13-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SFranke
Does any else besides me find the opening sequence of this program incredibly irritating? The post-modern "hey, look, it's a serial killer show, but he's a normal guy, and we're being cloyingly cute about it" sensibility about it recalls Six Feet Under, which I found to be pretentious dreck.
I've always thought it referenced American Psycho more than anything else. And I'm cool with that.
Old 11-13-07, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the opening credits. I love intimate close ups with that shallow depth of field and I like the cinematography. It's a bit funny, too.

It does remind me of the Six Feet Under opening in tone. I loved that show, so it's a good thing for me. It does not remind me of American Psycho, but I guess I could see that.
Old 11-13-07, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have always loved the opening credit sequence. One of the few I actually watch every time rather than FF.

One thing I hate about this show is they show the opening credits, THEN they show the "previously on" segment. That is opposite than most shows do it, and I find that really throws off the rhythm. The credits set a cool tone, and then suddenly I am watching edited clips, and then I am thrown back into the beginning of the show.
Old 11-13-07, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I have always loved the opening credit sequence. One of the few I actually watch every time rather than FF.

One thing I hate about this show is they show the opening credits, THEN they show the "previously on" segment. That is opposite than most shows do it, and I find that really throws off the rhythm. The credits set a cool tone, and then suddenly I am watching edited clips, and then I am thrown back into the beginning of the show.
agreed. The opening credits are great, but they need to switch the order.
Old 11-13-07, 11:14 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JHosk
Maybe I just didn't catch on, but can anyone explain the significance of the lightbulb at the end ?
i think it was dexter just realizing that she gets what she wants when she wants it.
Old 11-13-07, 11:36 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does any else besides me find the opening sequence of this program incredibly irritating?
No.
Old 11-14-07, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not at all, with the exception of Firefly this is the only show I always watch through the credits without fast forwarding. Even when I watch them back to back on DVD.
Old 11-14-07, 08:33 AM

I guess I am alone in that opinion. I think if the show were funny, I would find the opening sequence a bit more appropriate.
Old 11-14-07, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I find the show very funny, Dexter would make a great comedian. Then there's Masuka, Angel, and Doakes has great timing.
Old 11-14-07, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The show seems to be leading toward Doakes taking the fall for being the BHB, but it's hard to believe that anyone would believe it. Dexter would have to work extra hard planting evidence for it to go down like that.

Originally Posted by Coral
I still think Doakes will be killed off right before finding out the truth about Dexter - but it won't be at the hands of Dexter.
I'm assuming that we're going to get another violent Doakes/Dexter confrontation. I could definitely see LaGuarta killing Doakes to protect Dexter. It would be an interesting twist at least.
Old 11-14-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really don't think Doakes will take the fall for Dex, I think the writers are just pulling the old okie-doke.
Old 11-14-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like I was the only one thinking this when Lila fired up the blowtorch. I thought she had killed the lady who came to purchase her statue and they were going to reveal that she covers up her victims in molten metal and incorporates them into her "sculpture". I was actually pretty excited by this possibility because THAT would have been pretty psychotic. In a cool way.

Last edited by hahn; 11-14-07 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-15-07, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by hahn
Looks like I was the only one thinking this when Lila fired up the blowtorch. I thought she had killed the lady who came to purchase her statue and they were going to reveal that she covers up her victims in molten metal and incorporates them into her "sculpture". I was actually pretty excited by this possibility because THAT would have been pretty psychotic. In a cool way.
Yeah I never even though of that. I think shes a a Pyro for sure, and maybe did mistakenly kill her Ex BF. She definitely has the "evil" in her though. I liked how at the end they panned out to show that the light was "fixed" all of a sudden.
Old 11-15-07, 12:49 AM

I guess I am alone in that opinion. I think if the show were funny, I would find the opening sequence a bit more appropriate.
I think most of the fans of the show find a lot of "dark" humor in the show. I know I and my Fiance do. I dont even mind the opening sequence especially for the HD picture alone is amazing.