Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Survivor: China - 10/18/07

Episode 5

Title:

Spoiler:
Love Is in the Air

Description:

Spoiler:
“Love Is in the Air” is the title of tonight's episode, and it refers to a blossoming romance between Zhan Hu tribemates Jaime and Erik. And it gets even better! Their mutual attraction leads Erik to reveal that he's a virgin. Elsewhere, tears and fears surface when the teams learn that a tribal switch is about to occur, leading to threats of throwing challenges and a surprise vote at tribal council.

Old 10-18-07, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by auto
Spoiler:
“Love Is in the Air” is the title of tonight's episode, and it refers to a blossoming romance between Zhan Hu tribemates Jaime and Erik. And it gets even better! Their mutual attraction leads Erik to reveal that he's a virgin. Elsewhere, tears and fears surface when the teams learn that a tribal switch is about to occur, leading to threats of throwing challenges and a surprise vote at tribal council.
Spoiler:
Maybe someone more up on their Survivor history than me knows this ... has anyone "no doubt about it" thrown a team challenge before? I've seen it a few times for individual challenges (like when someone knows they're safe and just doesn't bother, or "political" moves in a reward challenge where the winner might make enemies, and of course Ian's "morality" surrender). But I never remember a team challenge being thrown.
Old 10-18-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by brainee
Spoiler:
Maybe someone more up on their Survivor history than me knows this ... has anyone "no doubt about it" thrown a team challenge before? I've seen it a few times for individual challenges (like when someone knows they're safe and just doesn't bother, or "political" moves in a reward challenge where the winner might make enemies, and of course Ian's "morality" surrender). But I never remember a team challenge being thrown.
Spoiler:
I believe Ozzie talked his tribe into it to get rid of someone.
Old 10-18-07, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Spoiler:
I believe Ozzie talked his tribe into it to get rid of someone.
Spoiler:
Drake also threw one in the Panama season. They were dominating the other tribe almost completely (in large part due to Rupert). Burton and others decided that they wanted to get started with the game portion so they decided to throw the next challenge (against Rupert's better judgement...he sat out the challenge). Burton got what he wished for and was voted out (of course that was the outcast season so he was voted back in), and they never won another immunity challenge as a tribe.
Old 10-18-07, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It happened in Africa when Frank and T-Bird offered that asshole Silas to Boran.
Old 10-18-07, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, that was a bunch of BS. Did the producers actually think that wouldn't happen? Or did they WANT the most interesting people and best competitors to get voted out?

A smart move by the girls to throw it like they did, but I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass, and I hope it bites the producers in the ass by way of lower ratings.

If James is gone next week, I'm probably out for this season, as all the mystery of the show is basically irrelevant when the producers are controlling who stays and who goes.
Old 10-18-07, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

These fucking twists.

I'd love to see a season of a reality show where the twist was that there was no twist.
Old 10-18-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That was totally mess up. I hope it backfire in their asses.
Old 10-18-07, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by zuffy
That was totally mess up. I hope it backfire in their asses.
I hope it does. I dont like this twist they did.
Old 10-18-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A big disappointment tonight... and probably for the rest of the season.
Old 10-18-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was certainly a bold move. And one that has potential to work if things play out. Certainly, if James goes next week and then there is a merge the old red team would have to count on Jean Robert. I could totally see him running a burn at the merge.

Was it a bs twist for Aaron? Absolutely. Hell, he got voted off over the guy who told them to vote him off. James has a right to be pissed, but who knows what the next immunity will be. Maybe it's something he can win almost singlehandedly.
Old 10-18-07, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Throwing the challenge was stupid. Do they actually think that after the merge the tribes are just going to all go back and align with their original tribes? Seeing how that has never happened, it's not going to happen here. The least liked tribe members are always willing to switch sides and the smartest are always looking to bring in other-tribe members who will help them advance.

As much as as I hate those 2 idiots (Pei Wei looks like Chim Chim from Speed Racer) who threw the challenge, Eric is the biggest fucking pussy ever on this show. You are going to side with a couple of stupid bitches who didn't even think enough about you to consult you on their idea. And then you find out they threw it and you let it slide.

I hope James makes their life hell for the next 3 days.
Old 10-18-07, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What BS !
What did the producers think was going to happen ?
One tribe had to loose and the 2 new members of that loosing tribe were going to go.
I hope they never merge and those 2 assholes get voted out soon.
Old 10-18-07, 11:12 PM
Cool New Member

I hope the next challenge is a fabulous reward challenge with lavish feasts and pampering at a spa. Then I hope James just sits on his ass and refuses to help in any way, guaranteeing that those two wenches will not get any rewards. Stupid, like there isnt a chance that anyone will switch sides and make new alliances. Have they ever SEEN the show before?
Old 10-18-07, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

PG and Jamie (and the rest of that tribe) showed how dumb they were when they thought that they would get 2 members from the other tribe and then have the advantage 7 - 5. These are clearly not smart people or have lived very shelterd lives.
Old 10-18-07, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by girlnextdoor
PG and Jamie (and the rest of that tribe) showed how dumb they were when they thought that they would get 2 members from the other tribe and then have the advantage 7 - 5. These are clearly not smart people or have lived very shelterd lives.
Yeah, they didn't even consider that maybe, just maybe, the other team was going to be pulling 2 members also.
Old 10-18-07, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll bet it was only for a week, and then there will be another swap of some sort. They love to screw up team strategies.
Old 10-19-07, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm with you guys ... horrible episode and horrible "twist". It's junk like that that has me come close to bailing on the show completely.

There is a funny possibility for the next episode though. What if James tells his old team about the challenge throwing, and both teams try to intentionally lose next time? That would drive Jeff bonkers!
Old 10-19-07, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
James simply needs to announce to the other tribe what came out at tribal council before the start of the next challenge, all thanks to the babbling idiot who couldn't wait to brag about her stroke of genius. Then we can watch James compete against the other two transfers while the other eight fight over last place.
Old 10-19-07, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
In the Thiland season I remember one of the tribes throwing a challenge to get rid of one of their members, but I don't remember his name.
Old 10-19-07, 01:59 AM
JIF

That's what I was thinking. James should tell the other tribe that they threw the challenge to stir things up. Still, I don't think James would want his former tribe to deliberately throw a challenge for revenge.

I hate to see Aaron go, but I'm glad James is still around.

After tonight's episode, it shows that James has a lot of integrity. He refuses to vote against Aaron, and he pats Aaron on the shoulder even after knowing that he voted against him.

I hope that James has the last laugh.
Old 10-19-07, 02:54 AM

Where did they get the new clothes from?
Old 10-19-07, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This twist pissed me off. I was just waiting for Jeff to say that James and Aaron would be returning to their tribe at tribal council forcing that tribe to scramble to decide which one of their own was to get voted off. If not that, then at least have James and Aaron be safe in the first tribal council. They've done that in season's prior when a member had to jump to another team to even the numbers.

I don't know why I am so angry about this, it's a stupid show afterall, but this just really isn't sitting well with me. I think I'll stay as long as James can survive, but then I'm gone.
Old 10-19-07, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I cannot wait to see those two giggling twits get the axe.
Old 10-19-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought for sure they would get immunity, that was Bogus!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.