Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Law & Order Talk

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-07, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Law & Order Talk

Warning - If you haven't watched the most recent episode of CI or SVU (at the time), please be aware it could be discussed.

If it hasn't aired yet, please use spoiler tags.

That said, I was initially disappointed that SVU was getting a new cast member, but they seem to be spreading things out and Belz has had more screen time in these first few episodes than he did in the previous two seasons..

Thankfully CI will be a Goren/Eames episode this week.
Old 10-17-07, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am down to only watching SVU regularly, but when the flagship comes back, I'll probably watch that as well. I have to admit though, I am starting to get tired of SVU already this year.
Old 10-17-07, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm biggest fans of old school L&O- first few years through around 2000, and some of the episodes after Rohm joined- but not many. Other than that, I enjoy CI the most and really like the writing for the show and for Goren and I think D'Onofrio does a terrific job. That said, some of the episodes have been getting ridiculus over the past year. This week's episode is about deadly spike mouthwash? Can't they come up with anything more original? I know it was in the news recently, but the first few seasons had some great writing and episodes without making the show look bad. And last season's episode with Noth and the "Anna Nicole Smith" episode? dreadful, even for one of the ones without Goren/Eames.
Old 10-17-07, 07:52 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
SVU's ep last night was pretty good ("Savant" 10/16/07 - Ep 187). The girl that played Katie (the "witness") did a pretty good job. I loved it when she asked Fin for a hug.

Speaking of Fin... the best part of the show was when when Fin and Lake were at the OB-GYN's office and that lady thought they were a gay couple wanting to adopt and Lake smiled and put his hand on Fin's knee. Fin's reaction was classic.
Old 10-17-07, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I'm just waiting for the original to start in Jan. I gave up on SVU after last season.
Old 10-17-07, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74

Speaking of Fin... the best part of the show was when when Fin and Lake were at the OB-GYN's office and that lady thought they were a gay couple wanting to adopt and Lake smiled and put his hand on Fin's knee. Fin's reaction was classic.
That was a great moment! SVU was very good, I thought. Much better than last week's episode, which was painful for anyone who is technically inclined computer-wise or plays videogames to watch.
Old 10-17-07, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
What ended up happening on last night's SVU? My cable cut out after about 20 minutes.
Old 10-17-07, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

That was absolutely hilarious.
Old 10-17-07, 12:14 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
What ended up happening on last night's SVU? My cable cut out after about 20 minutes.
Spoiler:
Basically, it was the son (of the guy that she was having the affair with) that attacked her. Katie was able to tell the difference in their voices and pin point the son.

It ended with Adain's character going on about the convenience of his wife's memory loss, but that he was done fixing their marriage, and he took Katie from her mother's hospital room and left for good. Katie was kicking and screaming for her mom as Elliot stood there helpless.

Kinda sad really.
Old 10-17-07, 12:28 PM

I watch SVU regularly. I used to watch the original 20 times a day it seemed like. I loved that show in the mid-90's. Once Briscoe left - I left too.

I never got into CI. I do like the character of Logan - so I catch an episode here and there when he's on. I haven't watched it enough so don't kill me - but I think Goren is a very annoying character. He reminds me of Caruso or William Petersen from CSI. A show in which I hate.

They think they know it all and always have the lame one-liner around the dead body. Which they all have - but it seems more contrived on CSI and CI. Like I said I haven't watched it enough - you may have to know the character to understand him and like him. Am I right?
Old 10-17-07, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by jmanlakerfan
They think they know it all and always have the lame one-liner around the dead body. Which they all have - but it seems more contrived on CSI and CI.
Those one-liners are my favorite parts of those shows. Caruso on CSIMiami is the "best" because he adds in the strike-a-pose/do-the-sunglasses thing, which makes it all the more cheesy and corny and funny.
Old 10-17-07, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyquest
Those one-liners are my favorite parts of those shows. Caruso on CSIMiami is the "best" because he adds in the strike-a-pose/do-the-sunglasses thing, which makes it all the more cheesy and corny and funny.
Well, it's fine if you're into watching cheesy and corny shows, but I don't really get into that stuff which is why I don't like those shows. I prefer my L&O to be realistic.
Old 10-17-07, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
I have a running joke with my g/f.. that the original L&O has this opening 90% of the time.

Two people walking and having a conversation when one says OH MY GOD and the camera pans to a dead body.
Old 10-17-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

SVU's ep last night was pretty good ("Savant" 10/16/07 - Ep 187). The girl that played Katie (the "witness") did a pretty good job. I loved it when she asked Fin for a hug.

That was awesome

When did Munch get promoted to Sgt.?
Old 10-17-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Top of the season. He had just taken the sergeant's exam. Kragen was temporarily suspended because of all the stuff at the end of last season and Sgt. Munch was put in charge.
Old 10-17-07, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Between seasons. In current season opener, he was in charge of the unit because the Captain was on temporary suspension over his/Elliot's/Olivia's latest over-the-line conduct. He said then that he had taken the exam on a bar bet and didn't expect or want the promotion. The Captain returned before the end of the episode, and everyone (especially Munch) was relieved.
Old 10-17-07, 02:38 PM

Adam Beach is awful on SVU, he's Falsone bad.
Old 10-17-07, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I have a running joke with my g/f.. that the original L&O has this opening 90% of the time.

Two people walking and having a conversation when one says OH MY GOD and the camera pans to a dead body.
Quality is not the greatest...

<embed width="425" height="350" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bslPzFMldwM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" ></embed>
Old 10-17-07, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
CI going to USA might hurt it a lot
I still prefer Logan, even if he gets a new partner just about every season he's on
Old 10-17-07, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mikehunt
CI going to USA might hurt it a lot
I still prefer Logan, even if he gets a new partner just about every season he's on
Alicia Witt is only around until Julianne Nicholson gets back from maternity leave.