TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Reaper 10/16/07

Old 10-17-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reaper 10/16/07

Didn't see a thread for last night's episode, but please merge if a thread does exist.

I thought this week's episode was much more balanced and entertaining as Sam looks for a way out of the contract, while also finding a way to capture the soul of the ornery magician, and dealing with his feelings for Andie and the lack of a vacation plan in the pact with the devil.
Old 10-17-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Didn't see a thread for last night's episode, but please merge if a thread does exist.

I thought this week's episode was much more balanced and entertaining as Sam looks for a way out of the contract, while also finding a way to capture the soul of the ornery magician, and dealing with his feelings for Andie and the lack of a vacation plan in the pact with the devil.
Good episode, still haven't seen one as good as the pilot.
Old 10-17-07, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm still really liking this show. It has a fun vibe to it that reminds me of Eureka or Psych. Also, Ray Wise as Satan is great. He gets better with each episode.
Old 10-17-07, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did they just drop things from the pilot: like his friend being severely burned and his telekinesis?
Old 10-17-07, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think they did pretty much reset the burning part, but the telekinesis was pretty clearly just a temporary thing related to the soul he was hunting down (just as the things turning into bugs was a temporary thing related to that case).

With that said, I dropped this show and didn't see the episode. If you folks still watching are enjoying yourselves, I hope for your sake that the show remains on the air. I might pop in and watch a few more episodes every now and then.
Old 10-17-07, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by paradicelost
still haven't seen one as good as the pilot.
Same here, but I'll try to stick with this series. I enjoy Wise as the Devil, and am glad to see the supporting characters have more joy working to capture the escaped souls, counteracting Sam's almost constant scrunch-face.
Old 10-17-07, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought it was okay. It still bugs me how it takes them so long to open the box with the vessel each episode. However I'm really looking foward to next week's episode. The slime monster.
Old 10-17-07, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm liking this show. Fun with a good sense of humor.
Old 10-17-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been getting bored with it, but for some reason, last night's episode just fired on all cylinders for me. I thought it was the best one to date.