DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Cavemen - *Premiere* "Her Embarrassed of Caveman" - 10/02/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/513410-cavemen-%2Apremiere%2A-her-embarrassed-caveman-10-02-07-a.html)

Lastblade 10-03-07 01:22 PM

Only chuckled a few times, won't bother with another episode.

redskull 10-03-07 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
I loved the commercials so much - I'm so glad they made a 30 minute show about these guys.

To think that we missed out on the Wazzzup Guys show and the Budwiser Frogs show.

I'm waiting for the "Rozerum Show." You know, everyday guy who shares a mid-town condo with Lincoln, a talking beaver and a mysterious guy in a deep sea diving suit.

MEJHarrison 10-03-07 01:50 PM

I watched until the first commercial break. I just couldn't get into it.

TheNightFlier 10-03-07 02:08 PM

I only laughed once or twice. Don't think I'll watch it again.

CPA-ESQ. 10-03-07 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by redskull
I'm waiting for the "Rozerum Show." You know, everyday guy who shares a mid-town condo with Lincoln, a talking beaver and a mysterious guy in a deep sea diving suit.

Now that may be an intersting show... that I would watch

They should have just did The Jew, the Italian and the Red Head Gay

twikoff 10-03-07 02:52 PM

i laughed a few times.. but wasnt impressed
like several other new shows this season.. i think i could take it or pass
ill stick it out for now and wait for it to get into a groove

lotsofdvds 10-03-07 05:34 PM

This actually wasn't terrible. I'll give it another shot next week.

skatefan20 10-03-07 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by MechanicalMan
This wasn't too bad. I would much rather watch this than George Lopez or Big Bang Theory.

Cavemen was just ok, certainly better than the wretched Fred Goss show that followed it.

I've been catching George Lopez in syndication and on NickatNite, which has been running final season episodes (some of which I missed on ABC). Underrated. So not exactly high-brow, but it is always good for some GREAT laughs! Love the chemistry between the principal cast. With family sitcoms almost a rarity this TV season, I wish ABC had picked this one up instead of ATJ (having two shows with the main characters being Latino just too much for the network??)

mikehunt 10-03-07 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt
+1
some of the commercials are sort of funny, but definitely not something to do one full episode about let alone a whole season

maybe I'll be wrong

well, watched it tonight
I watched the whole episode in case it got better as it went along
it didn't

boogieman03 10-04-07 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by TheNightFlier
I only laughed once or twice. Don't think I'll watch it again.

That sounds about right. Too much tv, not enough time to spend on something that's not very funny.

kramdenfan 10-04-07 09:34 AM

I won't be watching it again. The best part of the show was the beginning, when they showed the cavemen in different places, "among us." Especially when they were on stage with Twisted Sister (who's still one of my fav's!!).

I really wanted to like this, but 6 minutes in, I already hated it.

riley_dude 10-04-07 09:58 AM

My question, did people who watched think that it would be funny?

kramdenfan 10-04-07 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
My question, did people who watched think that it would be funny?

I thought it would be one or the other: hilarious or terrible.
Since I really like the commercials, I gave it a chance..

slymer 10-04-07 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by SPiRAL
For me, Nick Swardson ( Ikea-ish co-worker )was the best thing about this show. Everytime he shows up on Reno 911, I smile.

Is Nick Swardson supposed to be a big part of the show? I wouldn't mind him getting his own show. "Shits Weak!"

Cardiff Giant11 10-04-07 06:13 PM

for me it wasn't bad it just wasn't funny at all. I think I laughed once and that was probably at the guy who plays Terry on Reno 911.

whotony 10-05-07 12:28 AM

eh, it was ok.

which caveman was the geico one?

i couldnt tell one caveman from the other, they all loo.... never mind.

mikehunt 10-05-07 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by whotony
eh, it was ok.

which caveman was the geico one?

i couldnt tell one caveman from the other, they all loo.... never mind.

I think Maurice is the geico one

paradicelost 10-05-07 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
for me it wasn't bad it just wasn't funny at all. I think I laughed once and that was probably at the guy who plays Terry on Reno 911.

That was about the only part I found funny. I caught it online this morning and just found it horrible. Usually I enjoy shows that are seen as horrible(Life on Stick,The Loop, Stacked), but this was just bad.

A-aron 10-10-07 07:58 AM

Did anyone watch last night? I didn't see a thread for the new ep.

Patman 10-10-07 08:05 AM

I didn't like the 2nd episode all that much.

I'm still not convinced that's not David Boreanaz playing Joel... :D

A-aron 10-10-07 08:13 AM

During the abritration scene I kept getting the feeling that Phil Hartman was rolling over in his grave.

Super X 10-10-07 09:32 AM

I checked this out for the first time last night. It was dire. I'll not be tuning in again.

Jadzia 10-10-07 09:55 AM

I dropped it. While not the severe trainwreck I thought it would be, it is just not funny.

Bronkster 10-10-07 10:24 AM

After swearing last week that I would never waste more time on this, I did. :blush: I had to see if maybe last week was just a fluke; an unfunny mistake that accidentally got aired. Nope. The second episode garnered exactly ZERO laughs, chuckles or grins from me. I'm pretty forgiving about a lot of stuff on TV, figuring that just because I don't like it doesn't mean that it wouldn't appeal to someone else, but this show sucks and I want to see it die. I want anyone connected with this show to be driven from Hollywood and never get another chance to soil the airwaves with any of their talentless garbage. Hell should reserve a special place for the writers and producers.

I'm gonna go watch a Geico commercial now ...

invisiblegt 10-10-07 10:34 AM

Oh, c'mon... No one laughed at Hobo Bear?

But, yeah. I've dropped it as well.