DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Cavemen - *Premiere* "Her Embarrassed of Caveman" - 10/02/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/513410-cavemen-%2Apremiere%2A-her-embarrassed-caveman-10-02-07-a.html)

Charlie Goose 10-02-07 07:34 AM

Cavemen - *Premiere* "Her Embarrassed of Caveman" - 10/02/07

IT'S HERE! IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Inspired by the Geico commercials, Cavemen is a comedy that explores life through the eyes of three modern cavemen as they struggle to find their place in the world. The show features Joel (Bill English), a sophisticated and intelligent man who has a beautiful girlfriend, a decent job and shares an apartment with his easy-going little brother, Andy (Sam Huntington), and his cynical best friend, Nick (Nick Kroll).

In the premiere episode entitled “Her Embarrassed of Caveman," Joel tries to hide the fact that he's dating Kate (Kaitlin Doubleday), a Homo sapien woman, from Nick, Andy and friend Maurice. On the other hand, he also fears that she may be embarrassed to tell her friends that she's dating a caveman. Meanwhile Andy comes to town to get away from his girlfriend, who cheated on him.

While Nick is wary of mainstream society, Andy is eager to explore the modern world with eyes wide open. Things get even more complicated since Kate's eccentric mother, Leslie (Julie White), owns Joel's condominium complex and Kate's best friend, Thorne (Stephanie Lemelin), aims to discover the cavemen's wilder side.

Apart from the principle cast, Jeff Daniel Phillips, who originally starred in the Geico commercials, will also be gracing the premiere as the cavemen's friend, Maurice.

Tracer Bullet 10-02-07 08:09 AM

I can't wait to see how bad this is.

rfduncan 10-02-07 08:19 AM

can't wa1t!!!!!!1

...er... um... I mean... if there was an ANTI-Season Pass feature on TiVo, this show would surely get it. That being said, you KNOW this is going to do well in the ratings because there has been so much negative hype about it since it was announced.

Trigger 10-02-07 09:29 AM

I hope there's a laugh track so I'll know when it's funny.

Ephemeral_Life 10-02-07 09:34 AM

I won't watch it, because cavement=GEICO, and GEICO=terrible.

CPA-ESQ. 10-02-07 09:34 AM

I loved the commercials so much - I'm so glad they made a 30 minute show about these guys.

To think that we missed out on the Wazzzup Guys show and the Budwiser Frogs show.

Groucho 10-02-07 09:37 AM

This makes me even sadder that we'll never see "Caveman Lawyer" starring Phil Hartman. As a one-hour drama, of course.

mphtrilogy 10-02-07 09:56 AM

For some reason I think this show is going to be a hit.

So bad it's good!

nateman 10-02-07 09:57 AM

As Glenn Beck puts it, “Some movies you ask yourself, they left so much out, in this you’re saying to yourself, but they put so much in”.

MechanicalMan 10-02-07 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
For some reason I think this show is going to be a hit.

The Big Bang Theory has good ratings, so it probably will be.

CharlieK 10-02-07 11:08 AM

I hope all of the ep titles sound like cavemen talking. Actually I guess its more like Tarzan since real cavemen couldn't talk. Now that I think about it, that title doesn't really make much sense.

kvrdave 10-02-07 02:26 PM

I know it will suck, yet I will watch. And I will probably enjoy it far more than Dancing with the Stars or similar crap.

ChrisHicks 10-02-07 02:45 PM

here's to hoping we get cameo appearances from Dave, Stoney and Link.

Jadzia 10-02-07 03:05 PM

One of the cavemen guys was a guest on the View yesterday and he was actually pretty funny. I might actually watch this now.

He even made a jab at Sherri for thinking the earth was flat!

marty888 10-02-07 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
here's to hoping we get cameo appearances from Dave, Stoney and Link.

Probably couldn't afford to limo them in from Encino.

Mopower 10-02-07 04:54 PM

So this isn't the pilot that was leaked a few months ago? It had potential but over all was pretty bad.

Jimmy James 10-02-07 05:13 PM

As somebody who spent a good 3 years or so working for GEICO, I just have to see how this works out.

Patman 10-02-07 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mopower
So this isn't the pilot that was leaked a few months ago? It had potential but over all was pretty bad.

True, one main change
Spoiler:
is that the locale has moved from Atlanta, GA to San Diego, CA, mainly because it was too much of a pain to fake Atlanta when filming in LA.

Ayre 10-02-07 06:16 PM

This show sets the television industry back a million years.

The Bus 10-02-07 06:35 PM

The last TV show with cavemen was good:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...atching_TV.jpg

MEJHarrison 10-02-07 07:01 PM

I'm watching it. But unlike all the other new shows out this year, I haven't setup a season pass yet. But I do want to see at least 1.

RichC2 10-02-07 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ayre
This show sets the television industry back a million years.

This show has nothing on Baby Bob.

Jimmy James 10-02-07 07:08 PM

So far, it seems halfway decent to me. I have certainly seen worse attempts at the modern sitcom.

j123vt_99 10-02-07 07:23 PM

It's not horrible.. The caveman 'bit' seems kind of unnecessary. like it could/would be a decent sitcom without it.. i guess it will allow them to explore a lot of 'racist' issues in the future..

but so far, not any worse than big bang or back to you

Jimmy James 10-02-07 07:31 PM

I think the caveman bit probably helped them sell the concept, but it may also be what dooms the show becuase there seems to be a lot of groaning about the idea. I think the show was actually a pretty strong pilot, but I still have doubts about it as a show. I might watch next week.