DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Cavemen - *Premiere* "Her Embarrassed of Caveman" - 10/02/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/513410-cavemen-%2Apremiere%2A-her-embarrassed-caveman-10-02-07-a.html)

The Bus 10-02-07 07:33 PM

I think it was pretty funny.

"Oh, great. Now all weekend we're going to be listening to James Blunt."

invisiblegt 10-02-07 07:37 PM

Well, if nothing else, I learned one thing: you keep your penis in your genus.

Wise words.

Jadzia 10-02-07 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
but so far, not any worse than big bang or back to you

And no annoying laugh track!

das Monkey 10-02-07 09:46 PM

Not to over analyze a great line like, "keep your penis in your genus", but what genus are they supposed to be then? ;)

das

movieguru 10-02-07 09:47 PM

does anyone know if they'll reair the pilot anytime soon. I missed it dp to a prior commitment.

Finisher 10-02-07 09:54 PM

Not bad, not great.

Liked the one caveman staying home to play online poker after making a big production about needing to get work done.

Definitely room for improvement though.

magiccmom 10-02-07 10:10 PM

I'll tune in again. It had some good lines scattered here and there. Liked the one cynical caveman the best. Ha Ha, cant believe I have a favorite caveman! Think we will be seeing any cavewomen?

Jadzia 10-02-07 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by magiccmom
Think we will be seeing any cavewomen?

You mean the one with the tongue stud? ;)

The cynical one was the guy who was so likeable on The View.

mikehunt 10-02-07 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I can't wait to see how bad this is.

+1
some of the commercials are sort of funny, but definitely not something to do one full episode about let alone a whole season

maybe I'll be wrong

Ravyn 10-02-07 10:26 PM

For this they cancelled George Lopez? I give it a mont before it gets canned.

movieguru 10-02-07 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ravyn
For this they cancelled George Lopez? I give it a mont before it gets canned.

I didn't konw they cancelled George Lopez. i though it would be a mid season replacemnet this year.

ChrisHicks 10-02-07 10:33 PM

in for one and I'm out. just didn't like it.

SPiRAL 10-02-07 10:39 PM

For me, Nick Swardson ( Ikea-ish co-worker )was the best thing about this show. Everytime he shows up on Reno 911, I smile.

MechanicalMan 10-02-07 11:23 PM

This wasn't too bad. I would much rather watch this than George Lopez or Big Bang Theory.

Josh-da-man 10-02-07 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by das Monkey
Not to over analyze a great line like, "keep your penis in your genus", but what genus are they supposed to be then? ;)

They're homos.

g 10-03-07 02:41 AM

This was really bad. I wouldn't be surprised to hear it get cancelled soon. only show that's worse than Jim Belushi's show.

Charlie Goose 10-03-07 07:24 AM

I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't as earth-shakingly godawful as it seemed. I had hoped to be a witness to history.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that it's not a traditional sitcom with canned laughter and a studio audience. Although the pilot didn't grab me, I may give it another go next week. -eek-

Red Dog 10-03-07 08:21 AM

I made it 8 minutes. It was worse than I thought it would be. It would have been interesting to see a laughtrack attached to this because I can't fathom any place where laughs makes any kind of sense.

A-aron 10-03-07 08:23 AM

Not bad .. not great, but I'd probably try it another week.

While watching, I wondered how it would work as a "live" sitcom instead of the filmed type.

At least we get one of the "original" commercial cavemen. I thought he was pretty funny.

mphtrilogy 10-03-07 09:36 AM

I liked it, and I will tune in again. I did not like carpoolers which followed and will be taking that one off of season pass.

At least it didn't have a laugh track.

Bronkster 10-03-07 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
At least it didn't have a laugh track.

It did have a laugh track, but even the producers couldn't figure out where to stick in the laughs.

Patman 10-03-07 11:20 AM

I got a kick out of them playing Wii sports. Kate was pretty hot...for a sape.

FatTony 10-03-07 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by SPiRAL
For me, Nick Swardson ( Ikea-ish co-worker )was the best thing about this show. Everytime he shows up on Reno 911, I smile.

I think that was officially the turning point in the pilot for me. From that point on, I stopped trying to hate it and actually found it to be a pretty enjoyable pilot. Unfortunately, I think the premise/gimmick of this show may wear thin after a while. Still, no laugh track and reasonably intelligent race issues make this one that I'll stick with for a while.

Matto1020 10-03-07 12:57 PM

I was actually looking forward to this...

I dig the commercials but was pissed when I heard the original cavemen were not in it.

I actually enjoyed it as well and will definetly tune in next week. I am glad the replaced the third cavemen with Jimmy Olsen...that kid cracks me up!

I also hope they can get that one original caveman as a regular on the show and give him more screen time...he was pretty good!

Palaver 10-03-07 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bronkster
It did have a laugh track, but even the producers couldn't figure out where to stick in the laughs.

That got one out of me. :lol: