Biggest quality nosedive

Old 08-10-07, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alias
Old 08-10-07, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,217 Posts
Alot of the shows mentioned here are still doing really well in the ratings. People can nit pick and say CSI sucks, Grey's Anatomy sucks, but there are still almost 20M Americans watching them. But, the one show that took a huge hit was The OC. After a solid season 1, the writing in season 2 and 3 turned the show into a night time soap opera and the ratings suffered.

Even Season 4 which was a strong creative season couldn't save the show.
Old 08-10-07, 08:49 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know nobody will probably agree with me, but this question is a no-brainer for me: Arrested Development.

The first half of season 2 was as funny a run of a show as anything I've ever seen and then the second half of the season was unbelievably bad. I went from laughing so hard I was crying to not getting a single really good laugh from that whole run. Season 3 was a little better than the second half of 2, but nowhere near as good as it should have been.
Old 08-10-07, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wasn't a huge fan of Angel Season 4. I mean, I love both shows in the Buffyverse, but I didn't the story arcs in S4 that much.
Old 08-10-07, 09:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nny
I know nobody will probably agree with me, but this question is a no-brainer for me: Arrested Development.

The first half of season 2 was as funny a run of a show as anything I've ever seen and then the second half of the season was unbelievably bad. I went from laughing so hard I was crying to not getting a single really good laugh from that whole run. Season 3 was a little better than the second half of 2, but nowhere near as good as it should have been.

You will get absolutely NO argument from me. I said it repeatedly during the season 3 threads. It just wasn't the same show. The stories got lame (Charlize's arc was beyond cringeworthy) and characters (especially GOB) just seemed like bad caricatures of their true selves.

Still not as much of a nosedive as Battlestar Galactica though IMO.