Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Harold Perrineau coming back to “Lost”

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-07, 06:09 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts
Thread title is a spoiler get rid of it.
Old 07-27-07, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The thread title is here to stay, I do believe. Even Yahoo had this title posted on their daily headlines, so it's pretty hard to avoid it. It's all over the internet, not just on spoiler sites.
Old 07-27-07, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GradVT06
Nah, just Libby. Guess Hurly never figured out where he remembered her from. Glad he knocked off that bitch Anna Lucia.
Actually, for me, they killed off Anna Lucia just when I was starting to like her.
Old 07-27-07, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
Actually, for me, they killed off Anna Lucia just when I was starting to like her.
I'm guessing Sawyer thought the same thing....
Old 07-27-07, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree, I was sad when Ana Lucia was killed off. I was really starting to like her character. But then again, I never hated her the way a lot of people did.
Old 07-27-07, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mabuse
Thread title is a spoiler get rid of it.
I've read the title and have been spoiled already but I still care very much posthumously that others don't get spoiled. Not.

Come on guys, it's not the end of the world. Obviously the creators of the show don't deem it a spoiler that he's coming back, he came out to join them at the frickin' Comic Con. The bigger question is how, which is really the thing that shouldn't be spoiled.
Old 07-27-07, 09:21 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hardercore
I've read the title and have been spoiled already but I still care very much posthumously that others don't get spoiled. Not.

Come on guys, it's not the end of the world. Obviously the creators of the show don't deem it a spoiler that he's coming back, he came out to join them at the frickin' Comic Con. The bigger question is how, which is really the thing that shouldn't be spoiled.
Right, I think anybody who took 5 seconds to think about it would have realized he'd be back, what with the "flash-forwards" obviously becoming a major part of the show.
Old 07-27-07, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Right, I think anybody who took 5 seconds to think about it would have realized he'd be back, what with the "flash-forwards" obviously becoming a major part of the show.
I don't think it is that easy, considering the unflattering things he said about working on the show.
Old 07-27-07, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, if we're getting into spoiler territory:
Spoiler:
Damon and Carlton said that Harold would be back as a full fledged regular on the show, not just in bit parts in flashbacks or flashforwards. They also mentioned hid re-introduction would happen in the early part of season four.
Old 07-28-07, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
oh man, I forgot about that. Damn.

I never had a problem with Walt and I actually found their father/son story interesting. Michael was even fine until he was reduced to a blathering fool trekking across the island on his own. As long as they don't go there, I'm all for him coming back.

My initial thought was for the "flash-forwards" as well, but how sure are we that they got off the island? I seriously doubt Ben would let that happen. At the time he said he was a man of his word but since then we know he is full of shit. I think they are on the island somewhere trying to get back to camp.

Not to mention what could they have Michael doing in the "flash-forwards?" Going crazy trying to find the island to help with a rescue search? Nope. That is what future Jack is for, it would be too redundant. Plus he never really gave two shits about anyone other than himself and Walt. I don't see him caring enough to mount a rescue effort.
My guess is Michael is the one in the casket on the season finale. I bet they wrote the episode in the hopes of bringing him back, but could have worked the story around it if he decided against returning.
Old 07-28-07, 05:08 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by johnglass
My guess is Michael is the one in the casket on the season finale.
That would definitely make the most sense as of now.
Old 07-28-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The newspaper clipping said that the man that died was survived by a teenage son. And Jack would be distraught as Michael could have been the only one who knew how to get back having had to sail away from the island himself. But this is LOST, and that makes too much logical, tidy sense. I'm still betting it's someone we've yet to be introduced to.
Old 08-08-07, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Speaking of "Lost" casting, a little bird has told me that
Spoiler:
Kristin Bell
is in the running to play a new character in season four. (Okay, it wasn't really a bird... it was Michael Ausiello from TV Guide.)

But... Holy shit! That's awesome!
Old 08-08-07, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really like the character of Michael, altough he did some crazy shit in season 2, those moments were some of the best wtf moments overall.
Old 08-08-07, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by johnglass
My guess is Michael is the one in the casket on the season finale. I bet they wrote the episode in the hopes of bringing him back, but could have worked the story around it if he decided against returning.
If you listen to the latest Lost podcast, comicon panel, it sounded like the plan was for his return in season 4 all along when they wrote him out and Perrineau was in on it the whole time.

They also made it clear they wanted his return to be a big reveal for Comicon which lends credence to Harold denying everything up until that point.

Old 08-08-07, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Speaking of "Lost" casting, a little bird has told me that
Spoiler:
Kristin Bell
is in the running to play a new character in season four. (Okay, it wasn't really a bird... it was Michael Ausiello from TV Guide.)

But... Holy shit! That's awesome!
Oh my god. I almost wet myself.
That would be Great!
Old 08-08-07, 03:01 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Oh my god. I almost wet myself.
That would be Great!
Bastards...is it going to really give much away if I read that spoiler?
Old 08-08-07, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Nope.
Old 08-08-07, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I would say nope, it's just the name of a known actor that's fairly popular. No mention of what they'll be doing on the show, no harm no foul to me.
Old 08-08-07, 03:21 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bravesmg
I would say nope, it's just the name of a known actor that's fairly popular. No mention of what they'll be doing on the show, no harm no foul to me.
Read it...this person could really make things interesting if given a decent role. Just thinking quick, the only other person that could have that same affect (for me personally) would be
Spoiler:
Ian McShane, but if he couldn't say cocksucker, I'm not sure I'd want him on the show.
Old 08-08-07, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
What the fuck. Two weeks later this is still a spoiler? Well, now I don't need to see Lost next season.
Old 08-08-07, 03:44 PM
Suspended

i don't think this even qualifies as a spoiler at all... not even close.

of course Michael would come back at some point... Jin, Michael and Sawyer still have a tenuous but real bond due to their experience on the raft...and with Walt showing up... how could M NOT be back on the show? ???

and it doesn't say when, where or how he's coming back.

this doesn't take away from the enjoyment of watching the show one bit or give anything away.

it's like saying the story about how many season/espisodes were left is a spoiler, or that it's a spoiler to find out that Kate will kiss someone next season. "What? TV Guide said that Sawyer's gonna make up a nickname for someone in the third episode!! I'm selling all my DVDs! It's SPOOOOILED!!" haha.

If finding out that Michael will be back on lost upsets you b/c you think it spoiled the show, then don't watch TV or look at any sites for the next 6 months.
Old 08-08-07, 03:46 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by The Bus
What the fuck. Two weeks later this is still a spoiler? Well, now I don't need to see Lost next season.
No kidding, basically gave away every plot point right there in the title. Sonsabitches! I was actually annoyed at it being spoiled as well, but Yahoo and others made it almost impossible not to hear about it.