DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Sarah Connor Chronicles Pilot Episode (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/507303-sarah-connor-chronicles-pilot-episode.html)

wmansir 08-02-07 10:45 AM

@Chase

Spoiler:
The original actress has been playing Lt Van Buren on Law & Order for the last 15 years and I'm sure I would have recognized her if she were in the pilot. She looks very different now than she did in T2.

riley_dude 08-29-07 10:37 PM

I was not impressed. Seems to be copying the moving and doesn't have anything original to say.
So what they are going to run each week from another Terminator?
Sounds like it will get old real quick.

CreamyGoodness 08-30-07 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
I was not impressed. Seems to be copying the moving and doesn't have anything original to say.
So what they are going to run each week from another Terminator?
Sounds like it will get old real quick.

Seems that way, but I'd probably give it a few episodes. The female terminator is HOT!

DJariya 08-30-07 07:14 AM

Keep in mind that parts of this pilot are being re-shot...This is not the final version airing in January.

Agree about Summer Glau....She's a busy girl....She's a recurring character on The 4400 and had some guest spots on The Unit last season.

critterdvd 08-30-07 03:33 PM

I thought they were just reshooting the intro because of the recent shootings?

Anyway the pilot was okay, but it really didn't have anything new to say - and it kinda screws up with the timeframe that the movies set up (unless they are ignoring the third installment)... I'll definately give it a go, but my hopes went down considerably...

mrpayroll 10-16-07 08:54 PM

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7469

[10.16.07 - 05:01 PM]
FOX TO PAIR 'SARAH CONNOR,' '24' COME JANUARY
By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- Jack Bauer, meet Sarah Connor.

Josh Friedman, the creator of "The Sarah Connor Chronicles," has confirmed to the site the series will premiere Monday, January 14 at 8:00/7:00c on FOX. The newcomer will be bookended by the three-hour seventh season launch of "24" - Sunday, January 13 at 8:00/7:00c & 9:00/8:00c and Monday, January 14 at 9:00/8:00c (the show's regular time slot).

Said development will presumably send current Monday occupants "Prison Break" and "K-Ville" to hiatus or different time slots come January.

Friedman executive produces the Warner Bros. Television/C-2 Pictures-based hour alongside John Wirth, Mario Kassar and Andrew Vajna. Lena Headey, Thomas Dekker, Summer Glau and Richard T. Jones star.
Sounds like a good one two punch!

Chris

Geofferson 10-16-07 10:15 PM

^ Agreed.

DJariya 10-16-07 10:22 PM

That's a really good combo pairing Sarah Connor with 24. It would have gotten slautered staying on Sunday's at 9pm (It's initial timeslot)

K-Ville is DOA, so I'm not worried about that. Prison Break may have problems switching timeslots.

aynrandgirl 10-17-07 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
I heard that the original pilot is being fixed to:

Spoiler:
Tone down a violent shooting at a high school.....I guess they are being sensitive to the West Virginia incident.

Spoiler:

I just love faux "sensitivity". After all, we in the television audience are too stupid to tell the difference between fiction and reality.

aynrandgirl 10-17-07 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
That's a really good combo pairing Sarah Connor with 24. It would have gotten slaughtered staying on Sunday's at 9pm (It's initial timeslot)

K-Ville is DOA, so I'm not worried about that. Prison Break may have problems switching timeslots.

This kind of move appears to portend Prison Break's cancellation. A long hiatus followed by a timeslot change isn't exactly the way to keep your viewers.

DJariya 10-17-07 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by aynrandgirl
This kind of move appears to portend Prison Break's cancellation. A long hiatus followed by a timeslot change isn't exactly the way to keep your viewers.

But keep in mind though, In the 1st season of Prison Break, it went on hiatus in November and there was talk of it returning in June until FOX returned it to the schedule in March.

Long hiatuses are nothing new to Prison Break.

mrpayroll 10-17-07 03:25 PM

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20071017fox01

TAKE BACK THE FUTURE

"TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES" PREMIERES MONDAY, JANUARY 14, ON FOX

Again facing relentless Terminators that will stop at nothing until John Connor, the future leader of the resistance, is eliminated, Sarah Connor stops running and starts fighting back against fate and the machines that are out for her son in the highly anticipated new series TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES premiering Monday, Jan. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Spoiler:
Unfolding where the film "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" leaves off,
TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES finds SARAH (Lena Headey) and her 15-year-old son JOHN CONNOR (Thomas Dekker) alone in a dangerous world. As fugitives from the law, they are confronted by the ever-evolving technological enemy bent on destroying their lives, and perhaps the world. Balancing his inevitable fate as the possible savior of mankind and his current life as an ordinary high school student, John must learn what it takes to become the future leader of the people's resistance. His only friend is CAMERON (Summer Glau), an enigmatic and otherworldly student at his high school who soon proves to be much more than his confidante she assumes the role of Sarah and John's fearless protector. Together, Sarah, John and Summer, all extraordinary in their own right, attempt to become a "normal" family. On their trail are not only threats from the future, but an intelligent and tough FBI agent, JAMES ELLISON (Richard T. Jones), who just may become a powerful ally.

TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES represents an exciting reinvention of the "Terminator" film franchise, in which the strong and intrepid Sarah discovers that protecting her son and stopping the rise of the machines is more difficult than she had ever imagined.

Produced by C2 Pictures in association with Warner Bros. Television, TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES is executive-produced by Josh Friedman and John Wirth. James Middleton serves as consulting producer, while Toni Graphia serves as co-executive producer and Natalie Chaidez serves as a consulting producer for the series. The pilot was directed by David Nutter.

[EDITOR'S NOTE: PRISON BREAK will have its Fall Finale on Monday, Dec. 17. It will return to the FOX schedule in its regular time period Monday, April 14, 2008, and will air original episodes into June, along with 24, as previously announced.]

Spoiled just in case.

Chris

mikehunt 10-17-07 08:03 PM

yeah, give a teenage guy a female anatomically correct cyborg that he can order around

DJariya 01-04-08 09:28 AM

Just a headsup for anyone here who hasn't seen the pilot yet or can't wait until January 13th. It will be available for streaming "Legally" tonight at 9pm on Yahoo TV.

http://tv.yahoo.com/

Rypro 525 01-05-08 12:36 AM

wait, how many episodes did they shoot before the strike? Also, i thought that 24 wasn't gonna air until the strike is resolved so it can go uninterupted.

Cardiff Giant11 01-05-08 11:28 AM

I'm really looking forward to this. I was never a huge Terminator fan but rewatched all 3 movies a few months back and am now very into it. Can't wait to see this show.

DJariya 01-05-08 01:39 PM

9 of 13 episodes were filmed before the strike. It will air next Sunday/Monday (January 13/14)

The season will wrap up Monday March 3rd with 2 episodes back to back.

DJariya 01-05-08 02:24 PM

Just a reminder, the pilot is only up until 9pm tonight (24 hour window). There's no commercials and there is an introduction by Lena Headey at the beginning. Otherwise you will have to wait until January 13th. I watched a little bit of it and there is some small differences from the leaked version.

DJariya 01-05-08 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
wait, how many episodes did they shoot before the strike? Also, i thought that 24 wasn't gonna air until the strike is resolved so it can go uninterupted.

Uhhhh, I didn't mention anything about 24. 24 is on indefinite hiatus until all 24 episodes are ready to be aired. The Sarah Connor Chronicles is essentially replacing it.

Cardiff Giant11 01-05-08 08:31 PM

I tried to watch it on the yahoo site but the video quality sucked ass and it was kind of choppy despite my insanely fast connection speed. I'll just wait and watch it in HD on my 37" tv instead of the awful quality/size on my 17" computer monitor.

CKMorpheus 01-05-08 08:34 PM

Re-watched it on Yahoo, still really cool. Can't wait to watch episode 2.

Duh Vuh Duh 01-07-08 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Re-watched it on Yahoo, still really cool. Can't wait to watch episode 2.

is there a link? or is it already down?

CKMorpheus 01-07-08 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Duh Vuh Duh
is there a link? or is it already down?

Already down. I think it was only up for 24 hours. Don't feel bad though, it's going to air soon and you won't have to sit on a computer chair for 45 minutes.